Windows 10: Windows Bridge for Desktop

Discus and support Windows Bridge for Desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows Bridge for Desktop Bring your desktop app to the Universal Windows Platform Convert your desktop app to a UWP app and enhance it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Windows Bridge for Desktop

Windows Bridge for Desktop
    Bring your desktop app to the Universal Windows Platform

Convert your desktop app to a UWP app and enhance it with features such as Live Tiles, notifications, Cortana, and more!

Benefits of converting a desktop app to a UWP app:

Windows Bridge for Desktop [​IMG]

Source: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...ridges/desktop

Cluster Head, Mar 30, 2016
  2. Trust_No1 Win User

I see this as the beginning to an end of Windows of the past...

As early stated in other posts, Microsoft has had push back from game developers, because Microsoft has been pushing to remove Legacy support, as to make game developers only supply games via the Windows store. The caveat to all of this, is that Microsoft wants 1/3 cut of all apps sold in the store. So, lets say you used to pay $60 for a game, if you are forced to buy via the Windows Store, MS wants a 1/3 of that, so game developers now have to sell that game for $80 to make up the difference.

Now I see this article as basically saying, MS is trying to transition all the Legacy desktop applications developers into a new metro tiled app model form. Ultimately, doing the same thing, making things only available via the Windows Store, hence adding themselves as the new middle man for any Windows application. (whatever happen to 'cut out the middle man')

And some people wonder, why I am not a fan of Windows 10. FREE windows 10, LOL.

This MS spiel that Windows 10 is FREE, is bunk. Windows 10 isn't free, it is an exchange program. You simply exchange one license for another, and MS ultimate goal is to remove all legacy applications and support so everything is purchased via the store, costing the consumer higher prices. That is my opinion, and I think this article helps demonstrate that point.

:)

Trust_No1, Mar 30, 2016
  3. Problems Bridging Two Computers

When attempting to bridge my laptop to my new desktop I get a message saying "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration" what should I do? The Laptop I am trying to bridge from is running Windows 10 and the Desktop I am trying to bridge to is running
    Windows 7

CamMacdonald, Mar 30, 2016
  4. hapzfl Win User

How can I delete certain windows 10 system files?

I was trying the Windows 10 Desktop Bridge to see whether I can convert a WPF program into a UWA. Well, the Desktop Bridge program did not install/work properly but failed and left me with huge "image" folders containing the Windows operating system folders
    and files.

And because I am not going to use the Desktop Bridge software I need to delete these "image" folders that occupy several GBs.

However, I have not found a way to get rid of them as Windows blocks their deletion. I used my administrator privileges to no avail; not even in Safe mode deletion worked.

And there is no support about this issue on the web site dealing with the Desktop Bridge.

So, right now I am stuck.

hapzfl, Mar 30, 2016
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Here we go again. . .*really

6. BunnyJ New Member
    I know.. the sky is falling,, again.

It's not like all of the desktop software is going to get ported over to apps.

BunnyJ, Mar 30, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    Don't forget the ten device limit for apps in the store.

Winuser, Mar 30, 2016
  8. Trust_No1 Win User

I am not saying it will be all (at least not any time soon) but "One platform to rule them all" is their moto
    Mark my words....

Why else has MS ventured into the Android world so much, and now trying to weasle it's way into Linux, everything I see points to this direction. I am not saying they will be successful, LOL, obviously thus far they haven't been (the Windows Store is a disaster). I just believe it is their desire to try and achieve it.

The Cloud and Store apps is their goal for the masses. IMHO

Trust_No1, Mar 30, 2016
  9. UPDATE: Tom's Hardware just posted updated information regarding the completion of this project by MS as of late.

Full report seen at: Microsoft Extends Windows 10 Features With Desktop Bridge

The TH report also links to the Windows Developer blog published 2 days earlier with an embedded video seen and read in full at: Apps built using the Desktop Bridge now available in the Windows Store! | Building Apps for Windows

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Bridge for Desktop - Similar Threads - Bridge Desktop

2. Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver: I am Unable to install VirtualBox NDIS6 Bridged Networking Driver. I keep getting the error :Could not add the requested feature. the error is: The specified module could not be found.Can someone help me in resolving the issue as I am unable to connect my virtual boxes to the...
  3. app policies: 10.2.3 security ,All desktop bridge applications I released were forced to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app policies: 10.2.3 security ,All desktop bridge applications I released were forced to be...: All desktop bridge applications I released were forced to be unpublished from Microsoft App Store, saying that my application violated app policies: 10.2.3 security - malware. I immediately passed the windows app Certification Kit toolkit. All the detected parameters met the...
  4. app policies: 10.2.3 security ,All desktop bridge applications I released were forced to be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    app policies: 10.2.3 security ,All desktop bridge applications I released were forced to be...: All desktop bridge applications I released were forced to be unpublished from Microsoft App Store, saying that my application violated app policies: 10.2.3 security - malware. I immediately passed the windows app Certification Kit toolkit. All the detected parameters met the...
  5. Signed desktop bridge app receive yellow elevated prompt on windows 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Signed desktop bridge app receive yellow elevated prompt on windows 1909: Hi all I have an app is Desktop bridge app, and we created certificate by visual studio 2019, and get publiser name from Windows Dev Center, and all the things go wellinstall, normal launch except run an elevated execute file. When I run an elevated execute file by my...
  6. Desktop Bridge: Smooth User Transition and Data Migration

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Bridge: Smooth User Transition and Data Migration: The Windows 10 Creators Update will help provide smooth user transition along with some best practices for app developers to follow. This feature is available on the current insider builds. Users will be encouraged to download the store version of their desktop apps. If...
  7. Desktop Bridge: Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Bridge: Windows 10 Creators Update: Overview The Creators Update is packed with new features for app developers and end users that are designed to delight developers who can offer their end users a rich experience. User transition & data migration Users are encouraged to download the store version of...
  8. Apps built using the Desktop Bridge now available in the Windows Store

in Windows 10 News
    Apps built using the Desktop Bridge now available in the Windows Store: A few months ago, during Build 2016, we announced the Desktop Bridge, enabling developers to bring their existing desktop apps and games over to the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) by converting their app or game with the Desktop App Converter and then enhancing and...
  9. Now available: Windows Developer training course on Desktop Bridge

in Windows 10 News
    Now available: Windows Developer training course on Desktop Bridge: We are happy to announce that the Microsoft Virtual Academy training course, Developer’s Guide to the Desktop Bridge, is now available on demand. This video course, delivered by the Desktop Bridge Program Management team, aims to help developers understand the concepts and...
  10. COM Server and OLE Document support for the Desktop Bridge

in Windows 10 News
    COM Server and OLE Document support for the Desktop Bridge: The Windows 10 Creators Update adds out-of-process (OOP) COM and OLE support for apps on the Desktop Bridge – a.k.a Packaged COM. Historically, Win32 apps would create COM extensions that other applications could use. For example, Microsoft Excel exposes its Excel.Application...