Windows 10: Windows Bridge for iOS: UIKit, meet XAML. XAML, meet UIKit

Discus and support Windows Bridge for iOS: UIKit, meet XAML. XAML, meet UIKit in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One year ago this August, we released the Windows Bridge for iOS (“Project Islandwood”) as an open-source project on GitHub. For those of you just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Bridge for iOS: UIKit, meet XAML. XAML, meet UIKit

Source: Windows Bridge for iOS: UIKit, meet XAML. XAML, meet UIKit. | Building Apps for Windows

:)

Brink, Jul 14, 2016

2. Microsoft Edge crashes while failing to load the file and thus creates a virus kind of behaviour

Hi

I had accidentally opened a xaml page in Microsoft edge. It fails to load the xaml page and every page needs to be closed as a result. Typically the xaml files can't be opened using edge but if u have zipped file and tries to open it from zip file the issue
    occurs. It tries to parse the xaml and some how is not able to load the content . Closing that page don't resolve the issue as it is effected the open tabs too.

It interrupts the start itself and it becomes the active window.

Please fix this bug. Windows Bridge for iOS: UIKit, meet XAML. XAML, meet UIKit :)

Regards

Varun

VarunRavindranath, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Desktop Icons

They rebuilt the start menu as a XAML app so it scales for all form factors (all the way from a 3'' phone screen, 6 and 8'' tablets, larger tablets, full desktops, and even their giant 80" meeting room screens). But in doing so, they shed out all the
    legacy code from Windows 95-Windows 7. It no longer uses any shell context menu classes, so all the regular right-click menus you'd get on any typical file system icon are gone.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 14, 2016
Thema:

Windows Bridge for iOS: UIKit, meet XAML. XAML, meet UIKit

1. Windows Bridge for iOS: UIKit, meet XAML. XAML, meet UIKit - Similar Threads - Bridge iOS UIKit

2. Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error: Recently after an update in windows 11 i get this message from Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error, usual error message of reference memory not found click ok to terminate the program, just before shutting down my laptop. It's not causing any trouble right...
  3. Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error: Recently after an update in windows 11 i get this message from Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error, usual error message of reference memory not found click ok to terminate the program, just before shutting down my laptop. It's not causing any trouble right...
  4. Fluent XAML Theme Editor won't download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fluent XAML Theme Editor won't download: I've been trying to download the Fluent XAML Theme Editor app from the MS store. It says: "starting download" but no data is coming. Eventually it will go to "error". WTF? Are there other progs for theme editing? I just want to tweak my theme a bit, adjust for my old eyes....
  5. meeting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    meeting: meeting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/meeting/6d440f2e-3351-40b3-9c1f-d24b220c0baf
  6. XAML Islands v1 - Updates and Roadmap for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    XAML Islands v1 - Updates and Roadmap for Windows 10: At Microsoft Build, we announced that the Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) would include XAML Islands v1. Below you can find more details on the roadmap and two workstreams in progress to complete the developer experience: the .NET wrappers and Visual Studio 2019...
  7. what is Microsoft advertising SDK for XAML update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what is Microsoft advertising SDK for XAML update?: Hi All! What is Microsoft advertising SDK for XAML? I'm getting the update every day!!! [img] 28101
  8. Introducing XAML Standard and .NET Standard 2.0

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing XAML Standard and .NET Standard 2.0: XAML Standard We are pleased to announce XAML Standard, which is a standards-based effort to unify XAML dialects across XAML based technologies such as UWP and Xamarin.Forms. XAML Standard is a specification that defines a standard XAML vocabulary. With that vocabulary,...
  9. Mixing and Matching UIKit with XAML and the Windows Bridge for iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Mixing and Matching UIKit with XAML and the Windows Bridge for iOS: [img] In part one of the Windows Bridge for iOS series, we created a simple to-do list app in Xcode and used the Windows Bridge for iOS to bring it over to Windows 10. In part two of the series, we went on a tour of Visual Studio for iOS developers. In part three, we used...
  10. XAML Behaviors, open source and on UWP

in Windows 10 News
    XAML Behaviors, open source and on UWP: Your requests to grow the XAML Behaviors platform and bring them forward to support UWP app development have been heard. Today we announce the next step: XAML Behaviors natively supported for UWP and shipping as a NuGet package (for both native and managed projects)....