Windows 10: windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?

Discus and support windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi, i have googled and worked on this for weeks. sometimes windows seem to just brighten and dim all on their own. its usually just browser windows or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonymack21, Jan 21, 2021.

1. windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?

hi, i have googled and worked on this for weeks. sometimes windows seem to just brighten and dim all on their own. its usually just browser windows or the desktop, games and programs never seem to do it. it especially seems to do it on pages with alot of whitespace.

its not a laptop, drivers are updated, power profile is set to high performance, there is no adapative brightness setting, apparently an update took that out awhile back. there isnt a sensor on my monitor. there also isnt an energy saving mode that i can find in the monitor internal menu (ASUS VG27). right now for instance, my screen has dimmed, but my cursor is still bright and normal. whats also weird if i try to screenshot it, the dim screen captures normal, and the normal screen is super bright and washed out, like its too bright? every google result seems to center around laptops, drivers, and an adaptive brightness setting that isnt there.

anyone seen this? anyone know how to fix it?

submitted by /u/tonymack21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tonymack21, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Sharmian Win User

After upgrade to Windows 10, screen keeps dimming, then brightening!

I have updated the Display adapters as per another answer, but the dim/brighten/dim/brighten issues seems to be persisting. Can anyone suggest another remedy please. My laptop is an HP Pavilion.

Sharmian, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Shiflerg Win User
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv.

Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it will dim and brighten as I do key strokes or scrolling.

Right now as I'm composing this thread, it is staying bright.

I just scrolled up to the top of the screen and it dimmed (looking for post button which I now see is below and not up).

Shiflerg, Jan 21, 2021
  4. windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?

Screen dimming even at 100% brightness

Hi recently bought a Lenovo laptop, a Lenovo V14-ARE laptop, and as soon as I turned it on I noticed, when I put it on 100% brightness it is bright and vivid but then it dims. After a while, the screen brightens again then proceeds to dim once again in a
    few seconds. When I plug it in to charge, the screen is bright and vivid but as soon as I unplug it, it dims. I already left clicked on the power icon in the task bar, went to power options and selected "choose when to turn off the display", clicked "change
    advanced power settings", scrolled down to "display" and opened its list, but the only option I have for the display's list is "turn off display after", in the Youtube videos I've seen they have an "adaptive brightness" setting or something like that and that
    fixes their problem but I don't have that option. My power plan is also in high performance and everything is "on battery" but the problem still happens.

Can this problem be fixed?

PestoiSauce, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though?

1. windows brighten and dim on their own? there is no adaptive brightness setting though? - Similar Threads - brighten dim own

2. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  3. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  4. No way to stop dimming/adaptive brightness hdr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No way to stop dimming/adaptive brightness hdr: I just brought a Acer Predator XB273K https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X5MWMDG/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza the Brightness keeps changing automatically while gaming. I'm using a desktop (windows 10) and there no option to turn off adaptive brightness in the power options menu....
  5. Display dims and brightens randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display dims and brightens randomly: So I recently got this laptop a few days ago it's a Lenovo Yoga c740 14" and I've been having this weird issue that whenever I watch any type of videos my display dims a little bit and then brightens randomly. When I'm on a website this doesn't seem to happen it only happens...
  6. Dim Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  7. Screen randomly dims or brightens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly dims or brightens: My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use. What is happening?...
  8. Brightness dimming on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  9. Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening: I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an app, dims the display if the background is black. In 5 steps, the dimming changes to a drastic level. The opposite happens...
  10. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...