Windows 10: Windows Brightness button

Discus and support Windows Brightness button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just got the latest feature update, and the brightness button has been replaced with a slider. I hate it. i want thr button back with the 25%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dsjmn, Feb 17, 2020.

1. dsjmn Win User

Windows Brightness button

Just got the latest feature update, and the brightness button has been replaced with a slider. I hate it. i want thr button back with the 25% increments.

:)

dsjmn, Feb 17, 2020

2. brightness button not working

Hi Hitesh,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would suggest that you perform the steps below and check if it helps your issue:

Step 1: Graphic Properties.

• Right click on the desktop, and select “Graphic Properties”.

• Choose your desired “Mode”.

• Once you have chosen your mode, on the left pane locate and select “Color Enhancement”

• Adjust your brightness and check if it helps.
    Step 2: Un-install the Graphics driver.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Device Manager” on the search bar.

• Open Device Manager, expand "Display Adapters”.

• Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.

• After you have successfully uninstalled the driver, please go to the computer manufacturer’s website, download the Windows 10 Display adapters and Graphics driver for your computer and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 17, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Windows Brightness button

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Brightness button

1. Windows Brightness button - Similar Threads - Brightness button

2. Turn Off Screen with Brightness button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Screen with Brightness button.: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black at the end; If I press...
  3. Turn Off Screen with Brightness button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Off Screen with Brightness button.: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black at the end; If I press...
  4. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?: My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a...
  5. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?: My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a...
  6. On my computer when I click on my brightness button it does F6 Instead of changing the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    On my computer when I click on my brightness button it does F6 Instead of changing the...: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-computer-when-i-click-on-my-brightness/56639c99-ab76-4ee4-b701-2256b9fe9581
  7. On my computer when I click on my brightness button it does F6 Instead of changing the...

On my computer when I click on my brightness button it does F6 Instead of changing the...: How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/on-my-computer-when-i-click-on-my-brightness/56639c99-ab76-4ee4-b701-2256b9fe9581
  8. On my computer when I click on my brightness button it does F6 Instead of changing the...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...
  10. Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button

Screen goes black when pressing lower brightness button: Hello!When I press the "lower brightness" button, my screen goes black, and it returns to normal when pressing the "higher brightness" button.For example, if my brightness is set to 100%, and I press the "lower brightness" button once, my screen goes black immediately; if I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download brightness button