Windows 10: Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

Discus and support Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Marinel Cipu, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness again to 100% . I searched the web and i found this https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-october-2018-update-common-problems-and-fixes#fix_brightness_windows10_1809 , and it might be an update issue i think , by the way , my power plan is set to maximum performance and my laptop is always plugged in , and solutions or ?

:)

Marinel Cipu, Oct 4, 2018

2. Brightness issues

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Brightness settings after upgrading to Windows 10 in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incompatible or corrupt display drivers or the brightness settings are not correct in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

To check for the brightness settings, please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows + C” keys on the keyboard.

• In the search box, type
      Power Options.

• Click on Power options, and under any plan, click
      Change plan settings.

• Click Change advanced power settings.

• In the list, expand Display, and then expand
      Enable adaptive brightness.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is running on battery power, click
      On battery, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• To turn adaptive brightness on or off when your computer is plugged into an outlet, click
      Plugged in, and then, in the list, click On or
      Off.

• Click Apply. Click
      OK.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Step 1:
    Update the Display driver.

Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Press Windows key + X when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2:

Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Also see: Download and install drivers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 4, 2018
  3. brightness issue of my windows 10 pro

Hello Adityaattri,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

1. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update - Similar Threads - Brightness issue 1809

2. Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update: Hello, I updated to windows 1909, and ever since I did that I've been having a strange brightness issue. I adjust my brightness to my liking in my nvidia control panel I make it less bright with gamma. But when I leave my computer idle, the screen saver turns on screen goes...
  3. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  4. Lag issues after the 1809 update

Lag issues after the 1809 update: I recently purchased my new laptop. Specifications: i5 7th Gen 2.5GHz, 8GB ram, 2GB dedicated graphic memory, nvidia MX130. It came with pre-installed genuine windows 10 OS (and it was activated). It was running in the 1709 version of the windows 10. Most of the available...
  5. windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating.: windows10(1809 update) not adjusting a screen brightness after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows101809-update-not-adjusting-a-screen/c01cc4b0-8a27-4b25-9329-c7c25aac7e6a
  6. 1809 Update issues

1809 Update issues: Hello Microsoft and Community. i am experiencing a weird issue which i can't quite put my hands on. whenever i perform the 1809 update in an company environment. one specific user account on different computers(desktop or notebook) gets an black background instead of the...
  7. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.: So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are not responding and even manually adjusting it in settings has no effecct. I have also tried udating to the latest display...
  8. update issue in 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    update issue in 1809: hi joydeep sir still today same issue cant do windows update in 1809 giving error message cant do windows update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-issue-in-1809/fc40ff57-eed1-4b4d-a65a-2838cbf679c8
  9. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October: After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or vice-versa (i.e. during switching if there is a color difference in the background), then in black background brightness...
  10. Brightness Issue after creators update.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Issue after creators update.: Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after upgrade to 1809 brigtness problem

2. windows 10 auto brightness not found in 1809

3. windows 1909 update did not repair dim laptop screen issue

4. windows 1809 brightness,
  5. brightness issue on windows 10 1809,
  6. cant change brightness under 1809,
  7. windows 1809 variable screen brightness,
  8. windows 10 1809 update brightness problem,
  9. windows 1809 auto brightness,
  10. brightness issue after windows updates,
  11. brightness decreasing afteer 1809 updtae,