Windows 10: Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

Discus and support Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows brightness stays the same when I plug and unplug the charger. It used to change to a lower brightness level when I unplug and adjust to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chrisboy61, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

My windows brightness stays the same when I plug and unplug the charger. It used to change to a lower brightness level when I unplug and adjust to my default brightness level when plugged in. But now when I change in the brightness level, it stays the same even when I plug it in. Is there a way to have distinct brightness levels depending on whether my computer is plugged in or not?

:)

chrisboy61, Jul 14, 2019

2. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Again, this is not a solution whatsoever!

When I plug in my laptop, the brightness changes.

When I unplug my laptop, the brightness changes.

I don't want the brightness to ever change when those actions occur. How can I make this happen?

StephenGray2, Jul 14, 2019
  3. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!

StephenGray2, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

My screen brightness keeps fluctuating even though "Automatically Adjust Brightness" and "Night Light" are both turned off

Issue: It appears that my laptop screen keeps fluctuating with a yellow tint instead of staying at the brightness I set it to.

• "Night Light" is turned off and no schedule is set for it.
    • "Automatically Adjust Brightness" is turned off, as well.
    • This happens when both plugged in and when unplugged.

I'm just trying to figure out why it's doing it, so I can fix the issue.

Device:

• Lenovo Yoga 720 (new)

Zach Unsell, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

1. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged - Similar Threads - brightness stays same

2. Laptop Screen Blue Tint when plug/unplug USB's

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Screen Blue Tint when plug/unplug USB's: Hi, this is my first post in TenForums! My laptop is acting weird since a couple months ago. The first time was when I unplugged my external hdd. I noticed that the screen colors turned a bit colder, some sort of blueish tint appeared. On all this time I've noticed that this...
  3. Screen BRIGHTNESS does NOT adjust when plug is used - AGAIN

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen BRIGHTNESS does NOT adjust when plug is used - AGAIN: This is an OLD problem that was fixed. BUT yesterday after 2019-06 Cumulative Update KB4503293.. the change in brightness NO LONGER adjusts when the machine is plugged or not plugged in. [ATTACH] FIX this AGAIN please. When I plug and unplug the laptop - NOTHING will...
  4. Is there a way to have default power settings when plugged in and unplugged? (automatically...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to have default power settings when plugged in and unplugged? (automatically...: I'd like the power saving settings to start and the screen to dim when unplugged. I have a dell xps 9570 with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-have-default-power-settings-when/1cc1a762-8739-44e2-9e85-7735de8f77b1
  5. Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes and goes back to normal when I unplug / plug it.: So yeah, my laptop often freezes even when I'm not using heavy programs and the only way to fix it is to either unplug it or plug it in. My laptop's a Dell G3 and it's still pretty new, 3-5 months old if I'm not mistaken, so idk why it does that....
  6. Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing: Hi, I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when i plugged in...
  7. Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop runs fine plugged in but will not turn on when unplugged.: New Dell Latitude 5590 Laptop. Works fine with cord plugged in. Shuts off and won't turn on with cord unattached. Battery shows full life but it will not run without being plugged in....
  8. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!...
  9. Network Cable shows as "Unplugged" when it is in fact, plugged in properly - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Cable shows as "Unplugged" when it is in fact, plugged in properly - Windows 10: So, I have a really strange problem, I am looking for thoughts. I have a system running Windows 10 Pro. It has run fine for years. A while back, I started getting an error that my network cable was unplugged. I checked the cable and it was plugged in normally. I replaced...
  10. "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network cable unplugged" - but it is plugged in..: Hoping some of the Windows ninjas can help. Running Windows 10 Pro on a Dell XPS 8500 desktop/tower. Hard wired Ethernet from Dlink router to PC. Had been working great for months. But all of a sudden (yesterday) - getting this message from "Net Connections."...