Windows 10: Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

Discus and support Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My windows brightness stays the same when I plug and unplug the charger. It used to change to a lower brightness level when I unplug and adjust to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chrisboy61, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

My windows brightness stays the same when I plug and unplug the charger. It used to change to a lower brightness level when I unplug and adjust to my default brightness level when plugged in. But now when I change in the brightness level, it stays the same even when I plug it in. Is there a way to have distinct brightness levels depending on whether my computer is plugged in or not?

:)

chrisboy61, Jul 14, 2019

2. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

Again, this is not a solution whatsoever!

When I plug in my laptop, the brightness changes.

When I unplug my laptop, the brightness changes.

I don't want the brightness to ever change when those actions occur. How can I make this happen?

StephenGray2, Jul 14, 2019
  3. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!

StephenGray2, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

My screen brightness keeps fluctuating even though "Automatically Adjust Brightness" and "Night Light" are both turned off

Issue: It appears that my laptop screen keeps fluctuating with a yellow tint instead of staying at the brightness I set it to.

• "Night Light" is turned off and no schedule is set for it.
    • "Automatically Adjust Brightness" is turned off, as well.
    • This happens when both plugged in and when unplugged.

I'm just trying to figure out why it's doing it, so I can fix the issue.

Device:

• Lenovo Yoga 720 (new)

Zach Unsell, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged

1. Windows brightness stays the same when plugged and unplugged - Similar Threads - brightness stays same

2. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  3. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  4. Auto brightness when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness when plugged in: Recently re-set my computer back to factory, re-installed Windows 11, and now when I have it plugged in, if I change between a dark and light UI application, the brightness automatically adjusts. This does not happen on battery. I have checked everything possible and read...
  5. Auto brightness when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto brightness when plugged in: Recently re-set my computer back to factory, re-installed Windows 11, and now when I have it plugged in, if I change between a dark and light UI application, the brightness automatically adjusts. This does not happen on battery. I have checked everything possible and read...
  6. Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't adjust brightness when the power plugged or unplugged: Hi there, Previous status: brightness 100%, plugged in; brightness 50%, unplugged. When I unplugged the laptop, the brightness will decrease down to 50%. And will increase back to 100% when the laptop plugged in back automatically. Current status: Always keep the...
  7. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: Saw a lot of discussion concerning this topic. Think I figured it out. As many of you have speculated it's not a Windows issue. It has to do with the OEM of your graphics chip. Most likely Intel or AMD. Each manufacturer has software that deals directly with the hardware....
  8. screen brightness plugged in/unplugged

screen brightness plugged in/unplugged: Hi, My laptop's screen brightness used to change depending on whether it was plugged in or not. So I could set the brightness to a lower level when not plugged in, to save battery. After the recent updates, I've noticed that this feature doesn't work anymore as plugging in...
  9. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...
  10. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maintain full brightness when unplugged windows 10

2. set brightness level when unplug battery windows 10

3. windows 10 change brightness when plugged in 2019

4. brightness windows 10 plugged in vs unplugged,
  5. 1903 no separate brightness settings for battery charging,
  6. how to keep brightness the same when unplugged