Windows 10: Windows brightness stuck at 100%

Discus and support Windows brightness stuck at 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ParthVaidya, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Windows brightness stuck at 100%

I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from everywhere. Then I tried uninstalling the display drives NVIDIA 940M and still nothing after following the procedure from this website. And I can't do anything now.

:)

ParthVaidya, Sep 6, 2018

2. Brightness Stuck at Either 100% or 0% in Windows 10.

This issue
    has been posted about before.
    I am having the same issue, but have noticed that my brightness is stuck at 100% or 0%. It seems to stay wherever it was set when it rebooted. I am about to see if it stays at 50%

I have tried:

• reinstalling (deleting the driver files) the video driver.
    • Setting the brightness to 0 & rebooting

Durham Bell, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating
    my driver) hasn't helped. So either I'm doing it wrong or the problem is elsewhere. It's killing my eyes and battery, so I would love for some help here

EliHunter17, Sep 7, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows brightness stuck at 100%

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows brightness stuck at 100%

1. Windows brightness stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - brightness stuck 100%

2. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    brightness stuck at 0: Laptop model: Hp pavillion 15 eh1009ur.the problem is when my laptop is sleeping or turned off and i turn it back on the brightness is stuck at 0 i went into settings and changed it to 100 and the screen is still dark like 0 so i dont know whats wrong and my friend also had...
  3. screen brightness stuck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen brightness stuck: I can't change my screen brightness either from the settings or the fn keys. Also, tried the steps given to go to device manager -- display drivers -- I don't see "display drivers" on the list.......
  4. Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Brightness Stuck at 100% on Windows 10!: One day, I was working on a project in Adobe Illustrator on my "330-15IKB (Type 81DE) Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81DE" laptop and then it automatically restarted and then laptop get stuck after typing login password. Then i forced shutdown my laptop, Now when i switched on my...
  5. Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop brightness stuck at 100% when plugging in an external monitor: Laptop: ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 Operating System: Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.264 Issue: When I connect an external monitor to my laptop using an HDMI cable, the laptop's screen's brightness is automatically set to the maximum. Adjusting the brightness with the...
  6. brightness stuck at 0

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brightness stuck at 0: For some reason my brightness dropped to zero and when i try to change, it brightens for half a second or so and goes back to 0 Anyone have an idea how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-stuck-at-0/0111641b-e177-47af-ab09-a5ac40ffa0a1
  7. Brightness stuck at 100% with no options in settings or notifications center windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness stuck at 100% with no options in settings or notifications center windows 10: I have an issue where my computer won't let me lower my brightness from 100%, therefore, hurting my eyes and computer battery. I tried to roll back and uninstall drivers and display adapters, search settings and notifications center for buttons, use my keyboard and use...
  8. When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lowering brightness from 100%, it returns to 100%: SONY Tap 20 with Windows 10 Version 1903. After reducing brightness, my laptop reverts back to 100% - sometimes within a second and sometimes within 20 minutes. "Change brightness automatically when lighting changes" is NOT checked. Display adapters cannot roll back. All...
  9. Brightness stuck at 100%

Brightness stuck at 100%: My laptop's brightness has been stuck at 100% for around a month now. It all started because I created a custom power plan. Even after I went back to the balanced power plan, my brightness hasn't been able to be changed. Even when I go to the battery icon and attempt to...
  10. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness: I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating my driver)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness stuck on 100%

2. brightness more than 100%

3. windows 10 brightness 100

4. brightness stuck windows,
  5. windows brigthness can we 100% off,
  6. windows 10 brightness locked at 100%