Windows 10: Windows brightness stuck at 100%

Discus and support Windows brightness stuck at 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ParthVaidya, Sep 6, 2018.

1. ParthVaidya Win User

Windows brightness stuck at 100%

I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from everywhere. Then I tried uninstalling the display drives NVIDIA 940M and still nothing after following the procedure from this website. And I can't do anything now.

:)

ParthVaidya, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Durham Bell Win User

Brightness Stuck at Either 100% or 0% in Windows 10.

This issue
    has been posted about before.
    I am having the same issue, but have noticed that my brightness is stuck at 100% or 0%. It seems to stay wherever it was set when it rebooted. I am about to see if it stays at 50%

I have tried:

• reinstalling (deleting the driver files) the video driver.
    • Setting the brightness to 0 & rebooting

Durham Bell, Sep 7, 2018
  3. EliHunter17 Win User
    Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating
    my driver) hasn't helped. So either I'm doing it wrong or the problem is elsewhere. It's killing my eyes and battery, so I would love for some help here

EliHunter17, Sep 7, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows brightness stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - brightness stuck 100%

2. brightness stuck at 0% black screen!

in Windows 10 Support
    brightness stuck at 0% black screen!: 0% brightness on my laptop means a completely black screen, i accidentally set it to 0% yesterday and can't figure out how to reset it.. I have tried updating graphics drivers in safe mode, but upon restarting it just remembers the previous brightness setting and reverts...
  3. Stuck at 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck at 100% Disk Usage: I have an Asus ROG Strix GL503. It's almost always sitting at 100% disk usage. I've tried everything, and nothing will work. Some things I have tried will temporarily stop it from staying at 100%, but later, usually after a restart or shut-off it will return to using 100% of...
  4. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness: I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating my driver)...
  5. C drive stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C drive stuck on 100%: Hi there i have this problem where my c drive is stuck at 100%. All i did was just switch pc off,and clean it out. I had to remove all devices when i did it.What could have gone wrong with doing that?....
  6. Windows 10 update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update stuck at 100%: I am a bit thick with this sort of thing so in simple terms. I have another new pc, Asus Vivobook, only purchased this week. Today an auto update. Windows version 10S, I think 2017. I cannot get past the blue screen and the spinning circles. 1. I have tried to turn of the...
  7. cpu stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cpu stuck at 100%: hello. i just did a fresh installation of windows 10 pro x64. all devices in device manager were recognized and installed automatically. i open task manager and notice that the cpu is stuck at 100%. i reboot to safe mode and the cpu is normal. any help? 65591
  8. CPU Usage at solid 100% and brightness issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage at solid 100% and brightness issue: About a couple months ago I did an in place upgrade to fix a couple of issues I had with Windows 10 and ever since then my CPU usage was always at 100% and when I click the batter tray icon the brightness button no longer says 100%, instead it just says 0% and it's grayed out...
  9. Brightness unchangable and stuck on full

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness unchangable and stuck on full: The brightness of my computer is stuck on full. I have tried decreasing it by taping the button on the keypad but that had no response. I then went into Personalization and the brightness control was completely greyed out. I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon, what should I do? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%: Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then whenever I am launching a multimedia app like VLC, Paint.net etc., the brightness gets increased to 100%. I don't want so high brightness and it's so annoying to reduce it everytime. Please tell me how to disable...