Windows 10: Windows brightness stuck at 100%

Discus and support Windows brightness stuck at 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ParthVaidya, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Windows brightness stuck at 100%

I updated my laptop 3 days ago and now my brightness is stuck. I tried changing it from the battery settings but the option has vanished from everywhere. Then I tried uninstalling the display drives NVIDIA 940M and still nothing after following the procedure from this website. And I can't do anything now.

:)

ParthVaidya, Sep 6, 2018

2. Brightness Stuck at Either 100% or 0% in Windows 10.

This issue
    has been posted about before.
    I am having the same issue, but have noticed that my brightness is stuck at 100% or 0%. It seems to stay wherever it was set when it rebooted. I am about to see if it stays at 50%

I have tried:

• reinstalling (deleting the driver files) the video driver.
    • Setting the brightness to 0 & rebooting

Durham Bell, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating
    my driver) hasn't helped. So either I'm doing it wrong or the problem is elsewhere. It's killing my eyes and battery, so I would love for some help here

EliHunter17, Sep 7, 2018
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows brightness stuck at 100%

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows brightness stuck at 100%

1. Windows brightness stuck at 100% - Similar Threads - brightness stuck 100%

2. Windows Update Stuck at 100% Installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Stuck at 100% Installing: [ATTACH] It has been stuck at "Installing -100%" for many hours and I've ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter multiple times and it hasn't helped. I don't know how to fix it and Modern Setup Host has been using up about 25% of my CPU so I can't really use my PC for gaming...
  3. Brightness stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness stuck at 100%: My laptop's brightness has been stuck at 100% for around a month now. It all started because I created a custom power plan. Even after I went back to the balanced power plan, my brightness hasn't been able to be changed. Even when I go to the battery icon and attempt to...
  4. Laptop brightness stuck at low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop brightness stuck at low: After a bug that happened while i was playing gmod, the screen froze, and the home screen was very small with low resolution. i restarted my laptop, and the screen brightness was stuck at low, saying it was at 100%. I've had this happen before, but took 3 months to fix by...
  5. Update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update stuck at 100%: Hp Laptop running Windows 10 home Today my wife turned on her computer and it started an update, no choice it just started. Now it has a black screen with the message Updating your system (100%) It has been like this for over 2 hours. Is it safe at this point to turn it off...
  6. Update stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 100%: Hp Laptop running Windows 10 home Today my wife turned on her computer and it started an update, no choice it just started. Now it has a black screen with the message Updating your system (100%) It has been like this for over 2 hours. Is it safe at this point to turn it off...
  7. Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Stuck at 100% Brightness: I recently bought a Lenovo ideapad 330 that came with Windows 10. Everything worked fine for the first two weeks until my screen is stuck at 100% brightness. I've looked around for a fix, and the one solution that everyone says should work (refreshing/updating my driver)...
  8. cpu stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cpu stuck at 100%: hello. i just did a fresh installation of windows 10 pro x64. all devices in device manager were recognized and installed automatically. i open task manager and notice that the cpu is stuck at 100%. i reboot to safe mode and the cpu is normal. any help? 65591
  9. Brightness unchangable and stuck on full

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness unchangable and stuck on full: The brightness of my computer is stuck on full. I have tried decreasing it by taping the button on the keypad but that had no response. I then went into Personalization and the brightness control was completely greyed out. I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon, what should I do? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 increasing automatically brightness to 100%: Hello, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and since then whenever I am launching a multimedia app like VLC, Paint.net etc., the brightness gets increased to 100%. I don't want so high brightness and it's so annoying to reduce it everytime. Please tell me how to disable...