Windows 10: Windows broke - I had to remove the battery

Discus and support Windows broke - I had to remove the battery in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop crashed last night, holding the power button did not do anything so I had to remove the battery. I turned it back on which led to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BreadOnDaCat, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Windows broke - I had to remove the battery

My laptop crashed last night, holding the power button did not do anything so I had to remove the battery. I turned it back on which led to the repairing thing, I was tired and went to sleep with my laptop on and repairing. I woke up the next day only to find out that it was moved and the lid was closed, the repairing thing didn't appear again. Used every option in the advance option thing. PC couldn't be resetted or restored to a different system point, I watched a video and did the command thingy and my value was 0 in all the things listed. Now I can't boot it up, it leads to the advance option page again and again and now i can't even do anything.

submitted by /u/BreadOnDaCat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BreadOnDaCat, Oct 29, 2019

2. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Windows broke - I had to remove the battery

New battery not charging

I suggested uninstall, not re-install.

There's an extended version of those instructions - the same idea, but some additional steps.
    Shut down hte machine
    Remove the battery - run on AC power only
    Device Manager > Batteries
    Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Shut down the machine

Remove AC power
    Wait 1 minte
    Insert Battery
    Connect AC power
    Start the machine

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery should be reinstalled when the machine is booting

But, the .3 volts might be significant - I agree with Kbird

Slartybart, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows broke - I had to remove the battery

1. Windows broke - I had to remove the battery - Similar Threads - broke remove battery

2. Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced: I purchased a new copy of windows over the official store last year. After not even one year my motherboard broke down.Now I tried to reactivate my windows installation, but it always fails.I get the expected error message of "Windows reported that the hardware of your device...
  3. Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation fails after Motherboard broke down and had to be replaced: I purchased a new copy of windows over the official store last year. After not even one year my motherboard broke down.Now I tried to reactivate my windows installation, but it always fails.I get the expected error message of "Windows reported that the hardware of your device...
  4. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  5. Cmos battery remove

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cmos battery remove: hi i have a dell inspiron 5559, i had a problem with my ac charger being unrecognized. I wanted to turn off this warning so i can work on my computer even if the battery wasn't charging, just to remove the warning. But my laptop had an administrator password, i don't know who...
  6. Windows broke laptop battery charging

Windows broke laptop battery charging: MSI GT72 running fully patched win 10 will not charge battery. Replaced battery, updated drivers, adjusted power settings all to no avail. Seems to be windows as the hardware is functional. Lot's of reports that windows changed charging protocols bc they were blowing up HP...
  7. I Broke Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I Broke Windows: Modifying the advanced security settings for my Program Files x86 directory **** up my computer. I wanted to edit the configuration file for a program, but Windows blocks access to it's directory by default I now understand why. In the security tab for Program Files x86,...
  8. 1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment!

in Windows 10 Customization
    1903 - Broke On Battery Brightness Adjustment!: Got 1903 installed and now missing both of those sliders https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/69670d1458089843-adjust-screen-brightness-windows-10-a-adust_plan_brightness-2.png I can still adjust brightness for Plugged In mode in the notifications menu and...
  9. how do I remove the battery?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how do I remove the battery?: Please tell me how to remove the battery on my Toshiba laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-battery/21504a10-057d-4000-9f26-d4628712b7ad
  10. no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now: I turn the computer on and it shutdown within 2 hrs. So I decided to plug it up. I turn it back on. It said no battery detected... This the first time this happen... Can anyone help please thank you!...