Windows 10: Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair

Discus and support Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So basically, I loaded a virus onto my hardrive and it loaded a bunch of files onto the drive. The computer went into automatic repair, and it will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by benpeckham, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair

So basically, I loaded a virus onto my hardrive and it loaded a bunch of files onto the drive. The computer went into automatic repair, and it will not let me reset the pc, system restore or startup repair. I am very confused.

I know i should get a new hard drive but i am wonderng if there is another way to fix this so I dont have to buy microsoft and windows again.

:)

benpeckham, Feb 15, 2019

2. Unable to prompt in c: after an automatic repair. Any ideas ?

Hi all,

After a failed automatic repair, i tried to prompt in c: but i got a I/O message error.

I can prompt in D: or E: (or others) but not in C:

I try to restore a Windows 10 family ed. or at least to access the users documents folder to back up on an usb drive.

I'm lost (in paradise of windows automatic repair). So if someone have an idea or any "step by step" suggestion to solve my problem, i will be always grateful.

BR,

Fabrice MAICEL, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Feb 15, 2019
  4. XYZ
    xyz Win User

Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair

Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair [​IMG]

Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair [​IMG]

I see that there is a new addition called a Boot (XWindows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair :) in the list of drives = have no idea what this is (but suspect this is what is causing the trouble)?

Macrium Reflect = Fixboot utility = started this but in the first window shown, says choose the drive below = but no drive is showing ?

there is another box below that you can enter the path = but I do not know what this is (or how to get it)
    = C:\windows (????????)

(I ran sfc scannow result is above)

(yes recovery has the old Windows 8)

Thema:

Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair

1. Windows Broken C Drive Automatic Repair - Similar Threads - Broken Drive Automatic

2. Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken: Windows 11 machine. Following a windows update 2 days ago 9/15/23 computer is stuck in "preparing automatic repair" after BIOS, freezes as soon as it tries to load. It then restarts, boots and freezes after BIOS, but with only a frozen loading circle instead of the text....
  3. Repair C: Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair C: Drive: I need help, whenever I turn on my pc it says repairing C: drive. When I look at the security and maintenance it says that there is still a problem in my C: drive.I already clicked on the restart button in security maintenance and did a CHKDSK repair, but it still says there...
  4. Repair C: Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair C: Drive: I need help, whenever I turn on my pc it says repairing C: drive. When I look at the security and maintenance it says that there is still a problem in my C: drive.I already clicked on the restart button in security maintenance and did a CHKDSK repair, but it still says there...
  5. Repair C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repair C Drive: hello so i have a question.How to fix C Drive?i already use C:>Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Error Found>Fixbut when i restart, when i check again the error is still there, i hope someone can help :<...
  6. Repair C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repair C Drive: hello so i have a question.How to fix C Drive?i already use C:>Properties>Tools>Error Checking>Error Found>Fixbut when i restart, when i check again the error is still there, i hope someone can help :<...
  7. Repair C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Stuck in Automatic Repair loop with no space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Automatic Repair loop with no space on C drive: I've seen this exact topic posted in other locations but never with a solution that works. My Windows 10 machine keeps getting stuck in the Diagnosing system/ Automatic Repair/Troubleshoot loop on startup. I've tried "Reset this PC" amd "System Restore point" as both have...
  9. Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G:

Blue Screen, then Windows Automatic Repair - C: drive renamed to G:: Hello! My computer (running Windows 10) crashed to a blue screen of death yesterday. The stop code was SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, for the file nvlddmkm.sys (which appears to be related to the nVidia graphics card). Upon reboot, my PC displays the Windows Automatic Repair...
  10. Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?: Not sure if I am posting to the right place, but here goes: I have gone and screwed up my son’s computer: An external drive on my own computer stopped being recognised = anyway I think it just packed up altogether, but because it had data on it I wanted to try and see if I...