Windows 10: Windows Bsod carried over from Windows 7

Discus and support Windows Bsod carried over from Windows 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting a BSOD several times a week for months now. I updated to windows 10 hoping that it would be more stable, but nothing has really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryanocerous, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Windows Bsod carried over from Windows 7

I have been getting a BSOD several times a week for months now. I updated to windows 10 hoping that it would be more stable, but nothing has really changed. Basically I keep getting similar BSODs relating to ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe.

It would happen pretty much at any time in any application.

I have been reading over the course of these months trying to solve my BSOD. I installed Blue Screen Viewer, Who Crashed, and finally WinDbg in the hopes of finding the offender. Nothing really has helped me as it seems the processes pointed to are the ones I listed above.

I have tried testing my ram by booting with only one stick at a time, and so far everything seems okay. I have used Memtetest86 and Windows Memory Diagnostic tool several times and each time there are no indications of error.

I have tried reformatting my computer several times with no luck.

I am overclocking my i7-930 cpu to 4 GHZ, but it is an overclock that I have been running for a couple years now with good cooling (60 degrees max temps) and everything has been very stable up until the point. While I have tried lowering my OC, I haven't actually tested my system of default settings, but I will. I do have my doubts about it improving stability though.

The actual BSODs started after I did my routine reformat and reinstall of Windows around 4-5 months ago. But I did not notice the problem until I started playing FPS games.

I would greatly appreciate any help, especially if it involves helping me sort through this mess of characters that the dmp files contain.

I have uploaded my file according to the 'Posting Instructions' sticky.
    Attachment 39862

:)

Ryanocerous, Sep 27, 2015

2. carry over from Windows 7

I'm running windows 10, I switched to windows 10 from windows 7. I lost all my photow's. Is there any way I can recover them ?

contribute1, Sep 27, 2015
  3. carry over from Windows 7

In windows 7, I had a choice on my Start Menu called Computer.

In here I could see the space available of my computer. Can I do this with windows 10?

Incidentally, I was very happy with windows 7 and I am equally happed with windows 10.

Robert Wagstaff

RobertWagstaff PhD, Sep 27, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Windows Bsod carried over from Windows 7

Hi Ryanocerous,

Welcome to the 10forums.

A few drivers have been flagged.

This is likely the driver from your mouse.
    Please check here for driver updates
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for habu.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for habu.sys 6: kd> lmvm habu start end module name fffff800`656f0000 fffff800`656f3600 habu T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: habu.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\habu.sys Image name: habu.sys Timestamp: Fri Aug 07 06:22:07 2009 (4A7BABEF) CheckSum: 0000ABBE ImageSize: 00003600 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]
    This is the Marvell Yukon PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver
    Please check here for driver updates
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for yk63x64.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk63x64.sys 0: kd> lmvm yk63x64 start end module name fffff802`00770000 fffff802`007bd000 yk63x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: yk63x64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\yk63x64.sys Image name: yk63x64.sys Timestamp: Wed Jan 09 16:46:56 2013 (50ED90F0) CheckSum: 00051F63 ImageSize: 0004D000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Thank you axe0 for helping me. Unfortunately both those drivers are using the latest ones. The best I can do is uninstall the Yukon driver and revert to an older version.

Ryanocerous, Sep 28, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    That will not help, both drivers are not compatible with Windows 10 looking at their dates.

7. They still might be compatible.

My system seems stable after adding a little bit more voltage to the QPI/DRAM and DRAM bus voltage. I figured this out after reading about my motherboard and finding out that the manufacture states that having all slots of ram occupied requires manually altering settings in the bios for it to work properly. This is something I figured out through trial and error before, but I wasn't really sure if it was luck or not since I lost that specific profile. Now I know.

But I think I still need to test my system a little more before I consider my BSODs solved.

Anyways, thanks for your help. I didn't know that my Ethernet driver was being listen in the dmp files.

Ryanocerous, Oct 1, 2015
  8. axe0 New Member

You're welcome *Smile

Let me know how it goes

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Bsod carried over from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Bsod carried

2. Constant BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD at random times: I have had constant blue screens but i can never read them before my computer shuts down. i have several minidumps, if i could get some help that would be great. Random restarts have been happening for months by now. I have run windows memory diagnostic, i got no errors...
  3. Constant BSOD at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD at random times: I have had constant blue screens but i can never read them before my computer shuts down. i have several minidumps, if i could get some help that would be great. Random restarts have been happening for months by now. I have run windows memory diagnostic, i got no errors...
  4. How to fix BSOD Error: Kernel_data_inpage_error little while after launching Valorant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix BSOD Error: Kernel_data_inpage_error little while after launching Valorant: I launch Valorant play for like 1-5 minutes and then the game freezes and gives this error, had this problem for a while I fixed 2 previous BSOD errors Critical Process Died and System Service Exception but I'm struggling to find a fix for Kernel_data_inpage_error blue screen...
  5. How to fix BSOD Error: Kernel_data_inpage_error little while after launching Valorant

How to fix BSOD Error: Kernel_data_inpage_error little while after launching Valorant: I launch Valorant play for like 1-5 minutes and then the game freezes and gives this error, had this problem for a while I fixed 2 previous BSOD errors Critical Process Died and System Service Exception but I'm struggling to find a fix for Kernel_data_inpage_error blue screen...
  6. ntoskrnl.exe+3fda40 causes multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe+3fda40 causes multiple BSOD: Hello!Over the past few months or so I have been getting BSOD multiple times a day. The code it gives me sometimes changes. Sometimes its ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I'm at a complete loss. The only thing I have tried is uninstalling and...
  7. ntoskrnl.exe+3fda40 causes multiple BSOD

ntoskrnl.exe+3fda40 causes multiple BSOD: Hello!Over the past few months or so I have been getting BSOD multiple times a day. The code it gives me sometimes changes. Sometimes its ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I'm at a complete loss. The only thing I have tried is uninstalling and...
  8. ntoskrnl.exe+3fda40 causes multiple BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows constantly showing BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows constantly showing BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I already tried doing full memory check and all the other hardware related checks and driver updates but I am still getting BSOD at least few times a day. I looked through the .dmp file but was unable to figure any extra information. Can someone please help with this?Here is...
  10. Windows constantly showing BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Windows constantly showing BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I already tried doing full memory check and all the other hardware related checks and driver updates but I am still getting BSOD at least few times a day. I looked through the .dmp file but was unable to figure any extra information. Can someone please help with this?Here is...