Windows 10: Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr

Discus and support Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there everyone. I recently had a BSOD while playing a game. I really don´t know what may have caused it. All I did was playing a game and watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Delenun, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Delenun Win User

Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr

Hi there everyone.

I recently had a BSOD while playing a game. I really don´t know what may have caused it. All I did was playing a game and watching a video on YouTube at the same time and my PC crashed. First both screens froze and then screen 1 main went to BSOD screen.
    Maybe someone can help me with it.

Protocol says it was first Event-ID: 98 followed by Event-ID: 161 timestamp: 06.10.2020 22:43:55
    Hope that someone is able to help me with that.

PC-components:
    Mainboard: Asus ROG Z390 E-Gaiming

CPU: Intel i9-9900KS

RAM: G-Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL 16-18-18-36

Graphic card: Nvidia RTX 2080 by Asus ROG

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Additional drive: HDD Seagate Baracuda ST2000DM008 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x 850 Watts

Additional info: I have not overclocked my pc. No BIOS changes as well as newest BIOS Version. MEMTEST86+ 6 loops done successfully including hammering test so i have done the large test.

Kind regards Jonathan.

ps: since it´s commonly asked, here is a link to the minidump files and systemnotifications I upload them within the next minutes:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S3TzKcK9xiAb2tPbOmx2NRJuqGL-Q5it?usp=sharing

:)

Delenun, Oct 6, 2020
  2. netdudeuk Win User

Windows 10 1809 - slow shutdowns / volmgr errors (Event ID 161) since update

I installed the update yesterday (64 bit / i7-6700K CPU / 32GB RAM, enough free disc space) and since then I have had issues with shutdowns/reboots being very slow.

Amongst other things, I have -

• ran the Power Troubleshooter
    • ran SFC / SCANNOW
    • verified that \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management equals 0
    • ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • changed Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout to 0
    No issues were identified.

I also now see the following events logged in the System Event log -

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. - Source - volmgr / Event ID 161

Any ideas please ?

Thanks

netdudeuk, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Krikkits Win User
    Event 161 Volmgr causes error and shuts down computer shortly after

Lately my computer would often shut itself down, I checked the event viewer and the following always happens:

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

Log Name: System

Source: Volmgr

Event ID: 161

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

This is then followed by:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Source: Kernel-Power

Event ID: 41

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

Is my hardware at fault? This is a brand new laptop that I've only had for less than half a year. It usually happens when I put my computer to sleep. It shuts down during sleep for no reason and it's been happening for a few weeks now. I can't find a working
    solution anywhere. Will a clean install help at all?

Krikkits, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr

System Rebooting - Event ID 41 & Event ID 161

Hello,

My system has started rebooting without BSOD randomly, but usually when playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider or other programs that have the PC under load. Today, it did it when trying to open a system information viewer program when nothing else was running.

The CPU and other components are within proper thermal limits, I've tested memory multiple times with no faults, tested all drives, and ran the DISM tool and SFC with no errors reported. The machine was built a few months ago but the power supply is from
    a previous build (2015). I suspect it may be the cause.

There is little information in the Event Viewer but seems to consistently contain the 2 problems at time of reboot:

Error

Source: volmgr

Event ID: 161

Critical

Source: Kernal-Power

Event ID 41

Bugcheck Code 201

Please let me know what additional information you need to troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you!

ToothofCrime, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr

1. Windows BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event-ID: 161 --> caused by volmgr - Similar Threads - BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT Event

2. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  3. Error Event id : 161 volmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Event id : 161 volmgr: My PC keeps crashing or freezing. Evey time I need to hold the power key to restart.First it happens every half an hour and the time keeps decreasing to 10 then to 5, eventually my PC will not boot into BIOS and I need to remove the CPU and reset CMOS to start again and the...
  4. BSoD: Error volmgr Event ID: 161, Error volmgr Event ID: 162, Critical Kernel-Power Event...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD: Error volmgr Event ID: 161, Error volmgr Event ID: 162, Critical Kernel-Power Event...: My pc has suddenly begun getting BSoD. I've tried updating all my drivers, running memory diagnostics, and I've done a fresh install of Windows, but the problem persists.Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 01/02/2023 17.17.40 Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error...
  5. BSoD: Error volmgr Event ID: 161, Error volmgr Event ID: 162, Critical Kernel-Power Event...

BSoD: Error volmgr Event ID: 161, Error volmgr Event ID: 162, Critical Kernel-Power Event...: My pc has suddenly begun getting BSoD. I've tried updating all my drivers, running memory diagnostics, and I've done a fresh install of Windows, but the problem persists.Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 01/02/2023 17.17.40 Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error...
  6. Event id 161, 41 volmgr then kernel-power - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event id 161, 41 volmgr then kernel-power - Windows 11: This kept on happening for weeks with bsod "kernel_data_inpage_error". Tried sfc, dism, chkdsk. All tests from several programs hd sentinel, dashboard, seatools says all my drives passed and ok. I resetted my laptop 2 or 3 days ago and after that it'll just freeze then...
  7. Event id 161, 41 volmgr then kernel-power - Windows 11

Event id 161, 41 volmgr then kernel-power - Windows 11: This kept on happening for weeks with bsod "kernel_data_inpage_error". Tried sfc, dism, chkdsk. All tests from several programs hd sentinel, dashboard, seatools says all my drives passed and ok. I resetted my laptop 2 or 3 days ago and after that it'll just freeze then...
  8. Event ID 41 Kernel-Power BSOD and Event ID 161 volmgr with various Errors and Warnings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 41 Kernel-Power BSOD and Event ID 161 volmgr with various Errors and Warnings: Hi, Since purchasing a PC in October last year I've been having various issues resulting in BSOD. Usually this happens randomly while playing a Game or in an application. Latest BSOD have resulted from maximising a window while using Citrix viewer used to logon to my...
  9. event 161, volmgr

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    event 161, volmgr: I bought this asus GL502VSK a few years ago and out of the box it had issues where during gaming it would freeze and the restart. As of the new Path of Exile league it is doing it even more. I did some research and pulled this event code. I flashed the bios as mine was...
  10. Random BSOD Event ID 161 volmgr followed by Event ID 41 Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD Event ID 161 volmgr followed by Event ID 41 Kernel-Power: I'm getting random BSOD. Tried Several things like sfc/scannow even did clean windows install but BSOD continues [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Specs CPU - Intel i7 7th gen Ram - 16GB+4GB SSD - Crucial p1 NVME 500GB HDD - WD 2TB...