Windows 10: Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, according to WhoCrashed my computer has crashed two times due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but the module is unknown. WhoCrashed states:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AstitwaGhimire, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello, according to WhoCrashed my computer has crashed two times due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, but the module is unknown. WhoCrashed states:

This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown 0xFFFFF8016D328ACA
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8016D328ACA

This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown 0xFFFFF80581D4828A
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80581D4828A

The minidump files are here:

https://master.tus.io/files/3a2120fca3a8d1fcbb0034b96721ec8e+n1RwjDCrtnGVjCgCUH9muByCqU8pHrlYPmYV8tSsOS6iN1hGYcaAOyLtcXg49xrhYUqcThiM6QJ758vnV5.h7m63Ugtc8jvSdT62CpvKFebCTPU3NEuGexh44ctO_hSq

https://master.tus.io/files/b75b8d2d3cca5861ca6da27d030466e2+Y.d9fPvXie3.Hk8hazStvuqAIboO.Q3ewyzkK4eLc4MDLzDjGmZXrz8cf4bTsIe8Xr.HwxySAvXYRjlxPG1kTRFKdeGOPFSatxNieNJ8Xf9zBGUDi83AVaKnNP1wVlwR

Is anyone able to take a look at this? Thank you.

:)

AstitwaGhimire, Jan 14, 2020
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Jan 14, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Attachment 35691
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Some network drivers are blamed, but I think it is due to Daemon tools.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in nwifi.sys

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated Network drivers may be the possible reason why you are experiencing the error BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in nwifi.sys. To better assist you, we'd like to clarify if your Network drivers are updated.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the suggestion shared by XP ROCKS on this

thread
    on how to reinstall your killer networking Bandwidth Control Filter Driver.

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. Windows BSOD due to an Unknown Module DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - BSOD due Unknown

2. Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts: My PC has recently began exhibiting some strange behaviors following or at least I assume several driver updates. Up until this point I had strictly been using the driver tools from my PC's manufacturer, Dell, though at some point I got overzealous and started using Intel's...
  3. Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent BSODs due to Unknown Driver Conflicts: My PC has recently began exhibiting some strange behaviors following or at least I assume several driver updates. Up until this point I had strictly been using the driver tools from my PC's manufacturer, Dell, though at some point I got overzealous and started using Intel's...
  4. BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1" on Windows 11: storvsp.sys module

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1" on Windows 11: storvsp.sys module: Hello,I've had my PC reboot overnight strangely twice now, and after the first time ensured dumps were enabled so I could catch it in the case of an error. I found the problem in event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1...
  5. BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1" on Windows 11: storvsp.sys module

BSOD "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1" on Windows 11: storvsp.sys module: Hello,I've had my PC reboot overnight strangely twice now, and after the first time ensured dumps were enabled so I could catch it in the case of an error. I found the problem in event viewer:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1...
  6. Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys: So, a while ago, I submitted a post about crashes due to BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This crash only occured maybe once or twice per day. In the past hour however, I have had 2 crashes, with the error code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and this driver being displayed on the...
  7. Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys

Frequent BSOD crashes due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL afd.sys: So, a while ago, I submitted a post about crashes due to BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. This crash only occured maybe once or twice per day. In the past hour however, I have had 2 crashes, with the error code DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and this driver being displayed on the...
  8. BSOD due to unknown reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD due to unknown reason: Had a BSOD while booting while ago. It quickly rebooted so i could not catch the error code . Want to know what caused it. My laptop came from repairs last week. Want to check if something is related to that. Last few months got frequent BSOD due to feature update. Whenever i...
  9. BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it

BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Unknown driver causing it: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal is a BSOD that keeps happening to me while im playing games and I can't identify why , I reinstalled windows completly brand new and wiped everything off my pc and checked for solutions...
  10. BSOD 0x109 CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION by Unknown Module

BSOD 0x109 CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION by Unknown Module: Windows Version Number : Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778) I just upgrade from win7 to win10 (not clean upgrade) and got BSOD several times, sometimes computer run couple hour before BSOD shown. I already tried memory check, sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows bsod unknown module