Windows 10: Windows BSOD During Installation

Discus and support Windows BSOD During Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Purchased second hand PC. Turned on, running Windows 7, no issues, contained lots of personal stuff from previous owner. Decided to wipe and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TheShamsMan, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Windows BSOD During Installation

Purchased second hand PC. Turned on, running Windows 7, no issues, contained lots of personal stuff from previous owner. Decided to wipe and install Win 10. Keep getting BSOD error right when Windows installation begins. I'm able to select all the options to the point when "Installing Windows" goes from 0% to 1%, it BSODs. DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

Removed the hard drive, plugged it into another PC. Wiped it DoD 3passes. Removed all partitions. Back into original PC, BSOD again. Tried various different versions of Windows 10 and 7.

Tests show no errors or issues with hard drive. Running MemTest now.

Any ideas?

:)

TheShamsMan, Aug 10, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Aug 10, 2019
  4. Windows BSOD During Installation

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows BSOD During Installation

1. Windows BSOD During Installation - Similar Threads - BSOD During Installation

2. STOP CODE:BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER BSOD during windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP CODE:BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER BSOD during windows 10 installation: Microsoft support is worthless and a joke. I've had a case open for over two weeks and they have scheduled return calls but no one calls back. Everytime I call I have to start over, even though I have a case open. Microsoft has turned into a joke and I wish there was an...
  3. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 70% complete, then I get a BSOD saying "kernel security check failure". Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the...
  4. BSOD During Installation of Programs

BSOD During Installation of Programs: So I started receiving BSOD's and crashes a week ago on computer wake up and bootup so I decided to update my drivers using IOBIT Driver Booster. However during the installation of the various drivers, I got a BSOD and when I restarted my synaptics trackpad no longer worked....
  5. BSOD during Windows 10 installation

BSOD during Windows 10 installation: So I can't upgrade to windows 10. I keep getting a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys) error. Then I am stuck until my PC restarts a few times and rolls back to Windows 7 Pro. I am attaching the debug to see if anyone can help me figure out what is causing this...
  6. BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update

BSOD during install of Windows 10 Anniversary Update: Attachment 94766 I'm having trouble installing the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The installation of the update seems to get to about 75% complete, then I get a BSOD. Then the update system automatically rolls back my Windows installation to the pre-Anniversary Update...
  7. BSOD during display driver install...

BSOD during display driver install...: Lenovo Laptop T530 (I5-3210M 2.5G 4GB 500GB 15.6IN DVDRW W10P 64BIT) - upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. This is one of three identical laptops in my office (other two are still on Win7). No external displays being recognized through VGA display...
  8. BSOD during clean install

BSOD during clean install: Quick backstory: Had Windows 10 Pro running since it came out with relatively few problems. I decided it was time for a graphics upgrade so I threw in an EVGA GeForce 1060. Nvidia decided I needed new drivers and it has been all downhill since then. 1) I first got a...
  9. BSOD on Skylake build - During startup / Installation of Windows 10

BSOD on Skylake build - During startup / Installation of Windows 10: Specs Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro-Gaming CPU: I5-6600K RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz (CMK16GX4M2A2666C16R) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB My system is about 5 months old and its was running...
  10. Clean install BSOD during sleep?

Clean install BSOD during sleep?: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 pro x64 last night. Everything was going well it seemed. Installed all my essentials and drivers. I put my PC to sleep last night. Woke up this morning and my PC was turned on for some reason, checked event viewer and saw a "bugcheck"....