Windows 10: Windows BSOD During Multiple Games

Discus and support Windows BSOD During Multiple Games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I seem to get a consistent Windows 10 BSOD while playing a select few games, I've tried using different renderers and lowering settings which should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OfTheOddity, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Windows BSOD During Multiple Games

I seem to get a consistent Windows 10 BSOD while playing a select few games, I've tried using different renderers and lowering settings which should not be an issue as I have a high end computer but even on very low intensity games I have BSODs giving me errors such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I've done some research and the only thing I can find is that it's most likely an issue with a driver, and if not, a hardware issue. So I've come to the Microsoft forums with my 3 latest minidumps to hopefully figure out a solution.I can't seem to add them in the initial post, so I will try to do so in a response or edit after posting.

:)

OfTheOddity, Nov 21, 2020

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2020
  3. dtex Win User
    BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT (& Others) On Some Games

Hi,

I've had Multiple BSOD's While playing (High End) games. While playing games such as GTA IV or Player Unknown i have had multiple BSOD, this only seems to happen on games that require a lot of power to run. I have played games like ORI & Blind Forest and Counterstrike for 4 hours+ Without any errors.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
    16.0GB Dual-Channel
    ASUS Z170-P
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

BlueScreen View:

Hal.dll
    Ntoskrnl.exe
    IntelPPm.sys

BSOD Exprienced:

Clock_Watchdog_Timeout
    Driver_IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    IRQL_NOT Less or Equal
    Kmode_exception_Not_Handled

After contacting my supplier he suggested a number of things to try fixing the issue, and now he has got to the point of suggesting i need a new graphics card. I do however not believe however the issue is solely a faulty graphics card.

I have tried the following fixes:
    • Reformatted Windows
    • uninstall all Nvidia and Graphics drivers and fresh install
    • Installed all updated Drivers
    • Memtest (4 Hours)
    • GE Benchmark

I presume someone would want to look at the minidumps? Please let me know and i will edit on to this post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Connor

Thema:

Windows BSOD During Multiple Games

1. Windows BSOD During Multiple Games - Similar Threads - BSOD During Multiple

2. Windows crashing and going to BSOD. Has been crashing during multiple games....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing and going to BSOD. Has been crashing during multiple games....: Windows has been crashing and going to BSOD for about a week whenever I play any game for more than a couple hours. Any idea how I can fix this?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  3. Windows crashing and going to BSOD. Has been crashing during multiple games....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing and going to BSOD. Has been crashing during multiple games....: Windows has been crashing and going to BSOD for about a week whenever I play any game for more than a couple hours. Any idea how I can fix this?******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis **...
  4. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  5. BSOD during playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD during playing a game: Hello, could you please help me with a problem: yesterday I got BSOD while playing a video game.The error code was 124, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. My PC specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, 16 GB DDR4, Radeon 6700XT, PSU 600W. XMP disabled, no overclocking, all standard bios settings. This...
  6. BSOD during gaming/streaming

BSOD during gaming/streaming: I had a couple of bsod a few weeks ago after a windows update both while streaming a game Dark Souls III and while just playing without streaming Dark Souls Remastered. Based on the error code, I uninstalled my gpu drivers and installed the newest available and that seemed to...
  7. Multiple BSOD during everyday use

Multiple BSOD during everyday use: My PC was built a few years ago by a friend of mine. Running Windows 10. I get BSOD all the time and there never seems to be any rhyme or reason to when they happen. The Stop Codes associated with the 3 attached dump files are as follows (respectively): 1....
  8. BSOD during gaming

BSOD during gaming: Hi, so I have been experiencing blue screens during any form of intensive gaming e.g. Battlefield, Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I assumed it was a memory related issue, I have replaced the kit of RAM I was using to no success. I have since also replaced my motherboard as it was...
  9. Multiple differernt BSODS while gaming on multiple games

Multiple differernt BSODS while gaming on multiple games: Hey really lost on this one as I have not really dealt with BSODS before. I build my computer a couple months ago. Recently while gaming I have had roughly 5 BSODS. They are all for different things it seems like and I have no clue how to fix it. It wont do it while sitting...
  10. Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos

Multiple BSOD's during games and youtube videos: Hello, I'm hesitant posting this here because I suspect it's a hadware problem, but since I have only experienced bsod's so far I thought it would be best to start here. So when using my home build PC, certain games and watching videos on the internet in general have...