Windows 10: Windows BSOD Errors

Discus and support Windows BSOD Errors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Description of the Problem: For the past few months, I have been experiencing both BSODs and a black screen issue. On occasion -- usually when gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by John3123, Sep 18, 2020.

1. John3123 Win User

Windows BSOD Errors

Description of the Problem:

For the past few months, I have been experiencing both BSODs and a black screen issue. On occasion -- usually when gaming -- the screen will blackout and the GPU fans will skyrocket to 100%. However, I’ve also had the issue occur once when simply idling at the desktop. In that instance, the fans did not kick up to 100%. In all cases, I am still able to hear the audio of whatever programs were open in the background.

To my knowledge, after replacing the PSU, the black screen issue is no longer happening. I included it in the description above in case it may lend itself to a solution. However, I am still experiencingmultiple BSOD errors. I recently factory reset Windows 10 in an effort to fix the issue. I’ve listed the errors below.

The BSOD Errors Prior to Reset:

• WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

• UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

• IRQL_NOT_MORE_NOT_LESS

• SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

WhoCrashed identified ‘ntoskrnl.exe’ and ‘pshed.dll’ as the culprits. I no longer have the dump files from these crashes. Please keep in mind they occured over a two month period.

The BSOD Errors Post Reset:

• CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT

WhoCrashed identified ‘ntkrnlmp.exe’ and ‘ntoskrnl.exe’ as the culprits. More than likely, with more testing, I will encounter some of the previous BSOD errors again. I still have the dump file for this crash and have attached it below in a Dropbox link.

System Information:

• Processor: IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super

• Nvidia Driver Version: 456.38

• Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-P ATX

• BIOS UEFI Version: 2808

• Intel Chipset Driver Version: 10.1.16.7

• Management Engine Interface Version: 2013.14.0.1529

• Realtek LAN Driver Version: 10.42.526.2020

• Realtek Audio Driver Version: 6.0.1.8522

• Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Version: 17.9.4.1017

• Storage:

• SSD: 240GB WD Green Series M.2 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s

• HDD: 2TB 2TBx1 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM

• Memory: 16GB DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory

• Power: 600 Watts

• No overclocking.

Attempted Solutions:

*In browsing other forum posts, many different solutions were suggested. I'm not sure how applicable all of these have been -- but I did them and will list them regardless.

• After I received the replacement GPU I ran DDUand reinstalled the Nvidia drivers to version 456.38. The replacement card was the same model RTX 2060 Super.

• Ran Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and passed all tests x2.

• Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic standard / 2 passes with no errors found.

• Ran MemTest86 4 passes with no errors found.

• Ran DISM /RestoreHealth on both drives. No errors found.

• Ran System File Checker x2 on both drives. No errors found.

• Ran Check Disk /r on both drives. No errors found.

• Did a fresh install of Windows 10 and cleared both drives.

• Tested with different monitor and cables. The issues still occurred

I'm kind of out of my league at this point. I've taken the PC in to GeekSquad on a few occasions. They identified Windows OS corruption and supposedly repaired it -- however I'm still here with the same issues. I've looked at the dump file in WinDbg, but I'm not sure how to parse the information.

Thanks for reading, here's the attached dump file for the most recent BSOD CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/463ch78fo6pyqyg/091720-10484-01.dmp?dl=0

:)

John3123, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

Windows BSOD Errors

BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows BSOD Errors

1. Windows BSOD Errors - Similar Threads - BSOD Errors

2. BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error: Hello...I'm running Windows 11 Home x64 v. 23H2 on an MSI Raider GE76 laptop i7-1200H, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with the latest drivers and just recently I've been getting BSODs following a complete freeze with a buzzing noise in the background ONLY while playing MSF S...
  3. BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error: Hello...I'm running Windows 11 Home x64 v. 23H2 on an MSI Raider GE76 laptop i7-1200H, 32GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 with the latest drivers and just recently I've been getting BSODs following a complete freeze with a buzzing noise in the background ONLY while playing MSF S...
  4. Bugcheck error causing BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bugcheck error causing BSOD.: I keep getting BSOD's all of which keep showing different things and I don't know what the issue is. I have been trying to fix it for a long while almost a year The codes are as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  5. Bugcheck error causing BSOD.

Bugcheck error causing BSOD.: I keep getting BSOD's all of which keep showing different things and I don't know what the issue is. I have been trying to fix it for a long while almost a year The codes are as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  6. Bugcheck error causing BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a blue screen error and this problem still persists. I put the...
  8. BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11

BSOD ERROR TRYING TO OPEN EA FC 24 WIN 11: Hello, i have not encountered any problems while playing EA FC 24 until today. Today, when I tried to re-enter the game after closing the game with the ALT+F4 combination when exiting the game, I received a blue screen error and this problem still persists. I put the...
  9. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  10. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

"DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...