Windows 10: Windows BSOD on using Discord.

Discus and support Windows BSOD on using Discord. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using discord regularly and for some time when I use the discord app after 2 minutes or even hitting the screen share button on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SrikumarGovardhanagiri, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Windows BSOD on using Discord.

Hello,

I've been using discord regularly and for some time when I use the discord app after 2 minutes or even hitting the screen share button on discord I get BSOD. I checked the event log and there seems to be a pattern.

Windows BSOD on using Discord. 0dd33ba3-2d0c-4455-b21f-3d880cc24c6c?upload=true.png

As you can see the DCHP runs normally and it runs fine. As soon as DCHPV6 is triggered I get the BSOD bug check.

I ran memtest and ram is good.

I disabled the IpV6 Protocol in the network and sharing test and it did nothing.

I use the discord on firefox and it works fine there. I thought it was audio and driver issues so I reset the windows too and even after reinstalling new windows I get the same BSOD.

Please help.

:)

SrikumarGovardhanagiri, Jul 13, 2020

2. discord

Can you open your browser in an inprivate window then try downloading again or use an alternative web browser?

Are you having issues with the installer failing and/or shooting out various errors causing the app from installing? Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques
    that can help get you locked and loaded.

Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)

Delete the 2 following folders:

%AppData%/Discord

%LocalAppData%/Discord

To find those folders, hit the Start button + R, and enter:

%appdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then %localappdata% in the run window and hit enter:

Then find the "Discord" folder in both of those windows, and delete it.

If your OS tells you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Open up the Task Manager and terminate all instances of Discord there and in the start up tab.

Restart your system.

Reinstall via
    https://discordapp.com/api/download?platform=win

In some cases, these extra steps may be necessary.

Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both)

Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed out before attempting the steps.

Source:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Jul 13, 2020
  3. bogart Win User
    Fallout 76 + Discord attempted_switch_from_DPC

I was playing Fallout 76 with a friend using discord over the built-in voice chat. The in-game chat was set to none in the game settings. I was in the leveling menu talking about game mechanics while my friend was talking at the same time. So in discord there was output and input at the same time. Windows went right to a BSoD in mid sentence with the error in the thread title.

The last BSoD I can remember was similar with me chatting and receiving at the same time using discord in World of Warcraft in Sept 2017. This was the thread I made about it but the fixes are not applicable from what I can see. BSOD ATTEMPTED_ SWITCH_FROM_DPC FF14, WoW - Windows 10 Forums

My use of discord is not heavy. Maybe a few hours a week if that over the last year.

bogart, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Windows BSOD on using Discord.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows BSOD on using Discord.

1. Windows BSOD on using Discord. - Similar Threads - BSOD using Discord

2. BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?: As the title says, I can use my PC to do anything EXCEPT use discord voice chat.I can play games for hours but as soon as I join a discord server with my friends I get a BSOD crash after around 30s-5m with the error “MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION”.I’ve tried many fixes including...
  3. BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?: As the title says, I can use my PC to do anything EXCEPT use discord voice chat.I can play games for hours but as soon as I join a discord server with my friends I get a BSOD crash after around 30s-5m with the error “MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION”.I’ve tried many fixes including...
  4. BSOD but only when I’m using discord voice chat?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD when opening discord app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when opening discord app!: Hello,Yesterday I was doing some clean on my gf pc, removing dust and all the components. She has a R5 340 amd radeon 2gb GPU but I wanted to change it to a GTX 750 4gb.I replaced the GPU and start the pc again when suddenly I got a lot of BSOD,I managed to solve some of the...
  6. BSOD / WINDOWS 10 / DISCORD CALL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD / WINDOWS 10 / DISCORD CALL: Hello;INFORMATION vI hopped on my computer earlier today to play with some friends, as usual. I opened Discord and joined a voice chat. While opening other things on the side, bam, my computer blue screened.After this, my computer continued to BSOD, many times. I could only...
  7. BSOD / WINDOWS 10 / DISCORD CALL

BSOD / WINDOWS 10 / DISCORD CALL: Hello;INFORMATION vI hopped on my computer earlier today to play with some friends, as usual. I opened Discord and joined a voice chat. While opening other things on the side, bam, my computer blue screened.After this, my computer continued to BSOD, many times. I could only...
  8. BSOD / WINDOWS 10 / DISCORD CALL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason: Discord is appearing in the "Some desktop apps might not appear in following list or are not affected by this setting" section under Privacy > Microphone, as well as many other applications like Steam and several Steam games. It gives no explanation whatsoever and the article...
  10. Can't use Discord after updating.

Can't use Discord after updating.: Today I decided to get on my computer. When I got to my home screen I was greeted with an error from Discord. I decided to try and reinstall Discord, it didn't work. After this I tried to go into appdata and delete the Discord folder. After this I restarted, but I still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod discord