Windows 10: Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Discus and support Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TylerGuidi, Nov 24, 2021 at 3:02 PM.

1. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories, scanning for viruses, and running a diagnostic on my RAM, but these attempts have not worked. I would appreciate any help.

:)

2. Windows 10 Pro BSODs REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Dell XPS 9380, Windows 10 Pro x64 b1909.

Over the last few weeks I have encountered occasional BSODs with STOP code 0x00000018 (REFERENCE_BY_POINTER),. Initially these seemed to occur primarily during shutdown, but over the last day or two they have become more frequent and occur at any time. I
    can find no obvious or recurring events in the System or Application logs that precede the BSODs.

I have carried out the following, and will see if any of it helps:

• Updated drivers via Device Manager (graphics, WLAN NIC, Intel Management Engine Interface).
    • Updated drivers via MS Update (Realtek - Extender, Intel System).
    • Ran chkdsk on the C: drive (OK).
    • Ran sfc /scannow - fixes made.
    • Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (OK).
    • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (OK).
    I have collected together a few minidump files and the MSInfo32 data and uploaded them here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvQnXBXmOqXgucvyOaq_n5FghyNbQ?e=MCDu89

Please advise.

3. The OverClockers BSOD code list

According to Microsoft, Vista and later usually displays this BSOD instead:

STOP: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff557321(v=VS.85).aspx

According to Microsoft, the Vista and later equivalent of STOP: 0x0000009C MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION is:

STOP: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

-> This BSOD code don't exist in Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0 <-

4. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Nov 24, 2021 at 3:03 PM
Thema:

Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

1. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER - Similar Threads - BSOD Stop Code

2. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories,...
  3. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories,...
  4. BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER": I've been getting some "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD when shutting down/restarting the computer, but other times more rarely it happened randomly.I downloaded "Windbg Preview" to analyze the memory dump and this is the result of the analysis:kd> !analyze...
  5. BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

BSOD error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: About every 30 mins or so, I get the BSOD with the error code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER . My drivers appear to be up to date and it gets very annoying when i am working on something and my computer just restarts itself. I am not sure what is causing it, please help....
  6. Windows 10 STOP CODE: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Windows 10 STOP CODE: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hello all,My Windows 10 machine has started to reboot every 10-20 minutes, showing this error.I found another thread advising to share minidump files, which can be found...
  7. Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations

Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations: Hi everyone,I got BSOD problem with stop code: reference by pointer these days. Every time when I use my laptop, it occurs after about 30-50 minutes. I've searched online for some helps and it seems like that I need to upload my minidump in order to know the details. Here is...
  8. Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop Code: Reference_By_Pointer in Win10 Pro for Workstations: Hi everyone,I got BSOD problem with stop code: reference by pointer these days. Every time when I use my laptop, it occurs after about 30-50 minutes. I've searched online for some helps and it seems like that I need to upload my minidump in order to know the details. Here is...
  9. BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSoD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hello, Recently I've been getting quite a lot of bluescreens while playing games and it has become quite a problem for me. Since I'm not really experienced with software issues, I'd like to ask for help with this one. Basically while playing a game it will freeze from time...
  10. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER BSOD: Hello, I recently started encountering a "REFERENCE_BY_POINTER" BSOD after the last Windows 10 update. It happens randomly and I haven't changed any programs on my system so I do not know what the cause would be. I have uploaded both MSInfo and the DMP from the most recent...