Windows 10: Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Discus and support Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TylerGuidi, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories, scanning for viruses, and running a diagnostic on my RAM, but these attempts have not worked. I would appreciate any help.

:)

TylerGuidi, Nov 24, 2021

2. Windows 10 Pro BSODs REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Dell XPS 9380, Windows 10 Pro x64 b1909.

Over the last few weeks I have encountered occasional BSODs with STOP code 0x00000018 (REFERENCE_BY_POINTER),. Initially these seemed to occur primarily during shutdown, but over the last day or two they have become more frequent and occur at any time. I
    can find no obvious or recurring events in the System or Application logs that precede the BSODs.

I have carried out the following, and will see if any of it helps:

• Updated drivers via Device Manager (graphics, WLAN NIC, Intel Management Engine Interface).
    • Updated drivers via MS Update (Realtek - Extender, Intel System).
    • Ran chkdsk on the C: drive (OK).
    • Ran sfc /scannow - fixes made.
    • Ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (OK).
    • Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic (OK).
    I have collected together a few minidump files and the MSInfo32 data and uploaded them here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgvQnXBXmOqXgucvyOaq_n5FghyNbQ?e=MCDu89

Please advise.

fyn- [O365], Nov 24, 2021
  3. The OverClockers BSOD code list

According to Microsoft, Vista and later usually displays this BSOD instead:

STOP: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bug Check 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows drivers

According to Microsoft, the Vista and later equivalent of STOP: 0x0000009C MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION is:

STOP: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

-> This BSOD code don't exist in Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0 <-

RJARRRPCGP, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Reference_By_Pointer

So far none of the suggestions work or are irrelevant to Windows 10 (latest updates included).

Though plagued by frequent (+/- every 3 days) blue screen crashes (BSOD) with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and to date none of the suggested fixes able to overcome the problem, I assume that it is insurmountable for Microsoft and will thus just
    have to wait ...

Now and since the latest upgrade/updates were installed, we have begun being hit by BSOD Error REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. None of the attempted solutions here or anywhere else have worked. We have

twice crashed in three hours while working.

This is happening on Dell Inspiron 3537 with 8GB RAM. No new hardware has been added. Is there a solution for this yet or will we have to simply grin and bear it as we have to with the nonpaged area error?

Llewellyn

LlewellynKriel, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

1. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER - Similar Threads - BSOD Stop Code

2. stop code reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code reference_by_pointer: my pc crushed suddenly and got a stop code saying that reference_by_pointer.i have uploaded the dump files here in one drive and sharing the link here as well.https://papaazizjewellery-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/sushil/ElnTdcYWUaBJhUxZcurjjT0BEBdvx-IQu5uyx8VwsLvykA?e=c9Ep3T...
  3. stop code reference_by_pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop code reference_by_pointer: my pc crushed suddenly and got a stop code saying that reference_by_pointer.i have uploaded the dump files here in one drive and sharing the link here as well.https://papaazizjewellery-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/p/sushil/ElnTdcYWUaBJhUxZcurjjT0BEBdvx-IQu5uyx8VwsLvykA?e=c9Ep3T...
  4. BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, and I have updated the BIOS, Graphics card, network drivers, and other recommended drivers on the dell driver site. However when I check the logs, it keeps showing stop code 0x00000018 ntkrnlmp.exe. I have tried using the SFC /scannow...
  5. BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Stop code 0x00000018 REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 5502, and I have updated the BIOS, Graphics card, network drivers, and other recommended drivers on the dell driver site. However when I check the logs, it keeps showing stop code 0x00000018 ntkrnlmp.exe. I have tried using the SFC /scannow...
  6. stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi,I have windows 11 on ,my vostro 15 7510 laptop and its suddenly show blue screen with stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ,in minidump it says caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4175f0what's the solution?...
  7. stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi,I have windows 11 on ,my vostro 15 7510 laptop and its suddenly show blue screen with stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER ,in minidump it says caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4175f0what's the solution?...
  8. Stop Code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hello -This is the 2nd time in the last two days I've gotten the blue screen of death with stop code REFERENCE_BY_POINTER.When I first bought this laptop, I had similar problems, not the same one, I think. They replaced the motherboard, I think. I can't remember.Anyways, What...
  9. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories,...
  10. Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows BSOD Stop Code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Recently my pc has been crashing with a blue screen error stop code: REFERENCE_BY_POINTER. I have looked into this issue and have tried to update all of my drivers and update to the most recent version of Windows 10. I have also tried removing all hardware accessories,...