Windows 10: Windows BSOD:"Unmountable Boot Volume" and Windows 10 black screen after "Preparing...

Discus and support Windows BSOD:"Unmountable Boot Volume" and Windows 10 black screen after "Preparing... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,So Yesterday my computer randomly restarted. So i turned it on again and it somehow changed the Boot Order by itself. So I Went to the BIOS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HaiderRafsan, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Windows BSOD:"Unmountable Boot Volume" and Windows 10 black screen after "Preparing...

Hello,So Yesterday my computer randomly restarted. So i turned it on again and it somehow changed the Boot Order by itself. So I Went to the BIOS and changed it back to normal.

When i did,Saved Changes and everything. I restarted my pc and after the Windows Logo Loading Thing it showed a Blue Screen Error with stop code: Unmountable Boot Volume. So IT automatically restarted my pc and then said "Preparing Automatic Repair" and randomly just becomes a BLACK SCREEN.I wanted to go to the Windows troubleshoot screen, people said to wait 30-45 Minutes and it will show the "repair your PC" thing, but it didn't.

So the next thing I tried was to use my Windows 10 Bootable USB. I booted from it, and after that it shows multiple dots Moving in a vertical line in the middle of the screen. I couldn't repair my PC through my bootable drive.

So, What i did was took out the SATA data and SATA power cables of both my Hard Disks, And tried to boot from my USB alone.It worked and didnt show those dots this time.But obviously, I can't fix my HDD like that.

So,What do i do to fix this?Can anyone please help.

:)

HaiderRafsan, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Windows BSOD:"Unmountable Boot Volume" and Windows 10 black screen after "Preparing...

Need help on BSOD "Unmountable boot volume"

So I receive an update for "Windows 10 Creators" before doing the update I decided to create a recovery disc to a USB but only to find out I can't create one with error "Missing important files" so I googled and found a thread that suggest a steps... one of the step is to supply a command (in administrator level) a "reagentc /disable" this freezed my laptop and then windows crashes and restart. During the restart just after the Asus loading logo the BSOD with "unmountable boot volume" error code occurred I tried many restarts but same error being display.

With the "unmountable boot volume" error, I googled and found that I have to use a bootable USB to fix it (I don't have installation CD when I bought the laptop). I grabbed other laptop (with windows 10 installed) and create a windows 10 bootable in USB. Go back to my damaged laptop I changed the boot sequence to boot in my USB but after the Asus loading logo the screen goes black and stuck there the installation which usually popups didn't displayed. I tried on the other laptop where I created the bootable USB to check if the USB is damaged but to my surprise the bootable USB actually works on the other laptop no black screen displayed.

I created the Windows 10 bootable USB using Rufus, then when the black screen is being displayed I tried to create again with the Windows Media Creation Tool which also display black screen.

At this point I'm not sure what to do to fix this... any idea is appreciated...

rain1990bason, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows BSOD:"Unmountable Boot Volume" and Windows 10 black screen after "Preparing...

1. Windows BSOD:"Unmountable Boot Volume" and Windows 10 black screen after "Preparing... - Similar Threads - BSOD Unmountable Boot

2. BSoD: Unmountable Boot Volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD: Unmountable Boot Volume: I've been experiencing BSoD and I cannot acces startup repair and other trouble shoot methods, because my laptop requires a password. Eventhough I am putting the correct password, it still shows that I'm putting an incorrect one. Please help me to fix my problem....
  3. BSoD: Unmountable Boot Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD: Unmountable Boot Volume: I've been experiencing BSoD and I cannot acces startup repair and other trouble shoot methods, because my laptop requires a password. Eventhough I am putting the correct password, it still shows that I'm putting an incorrect one. Please help me to fix my problem....
  4. BSoD: Unmountable Boot Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 'Unmounted Boot Volume' Bsod Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Unmounted Boot Volume' Bsod Screen: When I open my Samsung RV420 laptop, It showsLater, :Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.For more information about this issue and possible fixes visit https://www.windows.com/stopcodeIf you call a support person show them this info Stop...
  6. 'Unmounted Boot Volume' Bsod Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Unmounted Boot Volume' Bsod Screen: When I open my Samsung RV420 laptop, It showsLater, :Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.For more information about this issue and possible fixes visit https://www.windows.com/stopcodeIf you call a support person show them this info Stop...
  7. 'Unmounted Boot Volume' Bsod Screen

8. Boot volume unmountable BSOD

Boot volume unmountable BSOD: Hello, I was recently playing the game Modern Warfare 2019 when I lost all mouse control in the game and I decided to alt tab out of the game. This led to me getting a BSOD with the stop code "faulty hardware corrupted page" after reboot I now get "boot volume unmountable"...
  9. Unmountable boot volume in window 10

Unmountable boot volume in window 10: Hey, Today when i started my laptop it show Microsoft logo and suddenly it shows a screen with Your pc into a problem and below it written a research on unmountable boot volume if you want. Then the pc restarts and again showing microsoft logo and screen goes blank with...
  10. BLUE SCREEN BSOD - Unmountable Boot Volume

BLUE SCREEN BSOD - Unmountable Boot Volume: PC SPECS: OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Education, 64 bit Processor: i5 7th Gen Total Physical RAM: 16 GB I'm using a Hailan All-in-one PC, just bought a few months ago. Problem: I used the PC perfectly okay the same day it went blue screen. After about 5 hours since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unmountable boot volume turns out black