Windows 10: Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185

Discus and support Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Wondering if anyone can help with a BSOD i've been having. PC has been fine for ages and the last couple of days i've been getting a random error and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomGough1, Mar 22, 2023.

1. TomGough1 Win User

Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185

Wondering if anyone can help with a BSOD i've been having. PC has been fine for ages and the last couple of days i've been getting a random error and BSOD out of the blue. Haven't changed anything or installed anything new. At first it was a stop code error screen with the error 0xc0000185Now it's changed to a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD.I turn on my PC it loads into windows for a few seconds then the error occurs.I've tried doing the advanced start up repair but with no luck. I can boot into safe mode fine and it seems to be stable. Don't really want to have to reinstall windows if I can he

:)

TomGough1, Mar 22, 2023

2. The OverClockers BSOD code list

According to Microsoft, Vista and later usually displays this BSOD instead:

STOP: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Bug Check 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows drivers

According to Microsoft, the Vista and later equivalent of STOP: 0x0000009C MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION is:

STOP: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

-> This BSOD code don't exist in Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows NT 4.0 <-

RJARRRPCGP, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Stop Code: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi,

This might be caused by faulty driver, hardware issues or antivirus software problems. We suggest checking this
    article that has steps on how to resolve stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Anne Ros, Mar 22, 2023
  4. Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185

Error code: 0xc0000185

Error code 0xc0000185 can be caused by damaged or corrupted startup files or errors on the hard disk. Did the issue happen while updating your Windows 10 device?

Pressing Enter will instruct Windows to automatically fix the boot problem. Should the issue continue, you can use a Windows 10 installation media as stated in your screenshot. You can create one using the
    Media Creation Tool installed on a different machine.
    Arul_D provided steps on how to resolve
    Error code 0xc0000185 on his response from this
    thread.
    He also provided a link on how to create an installation media for Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185

1. Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185 - Similar Threads - BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR stop

2. Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185: Wondering if anyone can help with a BSOD i've been having. PC has been fine for ages and the last couple of days i've been getting a random error and BSOD out of the blue. Haven't changed anything or installed anything new. At first it was a stop code error screen with the...
  3. Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and stop code 0xc0000185: Wondering if anyone can help with a BSOD i've been having. PC has been fine for ages and the last couple of days i've been getting a random error and BSOD out of the blue. Haven't changed anything or installed anything new. At first it was a stop code error screen with the...
  4. Error code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0xc0000185: I started witn system restore. It didnt work. Hence i went to reset my pc selecting keep my files. Iimstallation got stucj several times with this error[IMG] Then i pressed 3 times on and off. Then selected hp system recovery. Now it shows the error 0xc0000185 as below....
  5. Error code: 0xc0000185 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error code: 0xc0000185 Windows 10: Dear experts, When I switch on my desktop computer LG Windows 10, it went to a blue screen and stated that ------------------------------------- "Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code:...
  6. Error code: 0xc0000185 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error code: 0xc0000185 Windows 10: Dear experts, When I switch on my desktop computer LG Windows 10, it went to a blue screen and stated that ------------------------------------- "Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code:...
  7. Error code 0xc0000185

Error code 0xc0000185: I was using my computer in the morning, but in the afternoon I turned on and a blue screen popped up saying, error code: 0xc0000185 and something else about an installation media, so I downloaded window 10 on my USB, and follow the instructions to make my USB as a...
  8. windows 10 stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

windows 10 stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: Ola estou tendo esse código de parada no windows 10 sempre que deixo o turbo boost do processador ativo vi em uma postagem que é possível anexar um log de eventos então fiz um de nível crítico caso precise de outro tipo de log só me indica qual mais eu posso estar enviando...
  9. ERROR CODE 0xc0000185

ERROR CODE 0xc0000185: When trying to powen on my computer, an “Preparing automatic repair” appears and doesn’t let me login. A blue screen with some options are in the screen but when I try to press one, it restarts again and again. I don’t know what to do. Help :(...
  10. Error code:0xc0000185

Error code:0xc0000185: I have a laptop served for more than a year. I have been getting an error code at startup that prevents me from getting into Windows. It was when I shut down my computer and a process was preventing me from doing it, but I left it alone, and the computer was forced shut...