Windows 10: Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...

Discus and support Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It has been a whirlwind of trying to recover my laptop, and I'm not fully sure where to go from here, so I'm finally reaching out to Support to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SaveAStrayVK, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...

It has been a whirlwind of trying to recover my laptop, and I'm not fully sure where to go from here, so I'm finally reaching out to Support to see if there is an answer.

5 days ago, my laptop suffered a BSOD with the error of "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR." I did not specifically update anything I don't know if Windows pushed something and I was actively using the computer at the time this happened online game. It started going through a never-ending cycle of restarts and the same BSOD. I went through the options to try to get it to recover on it's own, through Windows Boot Manager trying to Reset Windows with my files, then Reset Windows and clearing all files. Neither of these ever let me get into Windows.

Over the weekend, I downloaded the file that is supposed to restore the computer to its initial configuration, from Dell/Alienware's website and put it on a flash drive, then used it to boot up the laptop. I was able to boot from the USB, and it reinstalled Windows 8.1 to the laptop and I was able to get into the laptop on Windows 8. However, the computer never recognized the WiFi, so I could not connect to the internet. I updated all of the drivers I could I downloaded the Dell/Alienware suire of drivers for that laptop from the Dell website, and it still could not recognize the WiFi. So, I downloaded the Windows 10 Install/upgrade to a USB to bring the computer back up to Windows 10 since some of the drivers were only compatible with Windows 10. I attempted to update the Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 picking the same partition that the OS is loaded onto, for the upgrade, and it stuck at 96%. I cancelled the install, rebooted and tried again, and left it overnight; it again was stuck at 96% all night. And now, when I try to restart the computer with no USB in and just go straight to Windows 8.1, it continuosly fails and says "Windows failed to install" and reboots. Forever. I can not get back into Windows.

I have looked at all of the articles that have been linked about "how to troubleshoot Windows 10 install" and other "windows stuck at 96%" issues, but they do not apply in this case. I cannot access the internet even if I wanted to, and I am trying specifically to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, without knowing whether 8.1 has all the right drivers since some of the drivers I can get are specifically limited to Windows 10.

I don't really know where to go from here; I do not know how to get back to Windows 10 on this laptop, as I upgraded it to 10 for free so I do not have a Product Key. I do not know if I can wipe the hard drive it is SSD entirely and be able to use the USB Windows 10 install media to be able to go from a completely new hard drive to Windows 10. At this point, I feel my only option is to install Windows 10 on a whole new, clean hard drive, but I don't know how to go about doing that because I upgraded. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

:)

SaveAStrayVK, Apr 13, 2021
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Apr 13, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install...

1. Windows BSOD with "PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR", then Recovery failed, then Windows 10 install... - Similar Threads - BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR Recovery

2. bsod PNP_detected_fatal_error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsod PNP_detected_fatal_error: struggling with this one. cant seem to cause it to blue screen but as soon as it goes back to user its happening regularly details as below Fault bucket 0xCA_5_IMAGE_ntkrnlmp.exe, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id:...
  3. Windows installation failed after recovery reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation failed after recovery reset: Trying to delete all personal data in old PC before donating. Went to Recovery Reset and choose Remove everything and restore Windows from the device. During Windows install received error and install could not complete. Told to reply OK to error message and restart...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD on entering sleep PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error

Windows 10 BSOD on entering sleep PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error: After a clean install of Windows 10, the system throws PNP_Detected_Fatal_Error on manually entering sleep. sfc /scannow reports no integrity violations. Drivers are all up to date. How can I find out which device is throwing the error and fix it?Thanks,- Steve....
  5. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR windows 10: Hi Team, My windows 10 system just crashed randomly to blue screen with this error code PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR. The windows updates was in automatically download mode so there might be some drivers that might have got updated. Can you please help. Tried the following...
  6. PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR

PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR: Alright so, i just jumped onto my pc today and saw a few cumulative updates were pending under settings. My pc has always been a mess. But my issue today was as it was applying the updates it said it failed to apply the updates and restarted. I waited a few seconds to show it...
  7. pnp_detected_fatal_error after installing the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pnp_detected_fatal_error after installing the latest update: After installing the latest update I'm receiving a blue screen with the error "pnp_detected_fatal_error. I've tried to start with secure mode and it didn't work. Also I tried to uninstall the latest version through the troubleshoot menu and it says it can't because a problem...
  8. window 10 recovery failed

window 10 recovery failed: I have Hp PAV 510-p127 Personal computer. With Window 10. Some how Window 10 running, I used recovery disk to factory reset, but at the end It show recovery failed. Please let me know what to do. Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 frequent BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe

Windows 10 frequent BSOD PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR ntoskrnl.exe: My computer keeps blue screening because of a PNP_DETECTED_FATAL_ERROR minidumps are available here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-frequent-bsod-pnpdetectedfatalerror/0a92df6a-6c09-4ee4-b5d7-f4cd1ddb8f89
  10. Windows 10 BSOD and updates failed installation

Windows 10 BSOD and updates failed installation: Attachment 126842 I need help on how to fix these two problems. I don't really know what's causing the blue screen of death, it could be a software I had previously installed but since I did a system restore that should not be a problem. My computer installed most of the new...