Windows 10: $windows.~bt

Discus and support $windows.~bt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With an upgrade from Win 7 to 10, a folder with the Thread title appeared at the top of my C drive folder. In that folder were the following sub... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by miata54, Nov 29, 2017.

1. miata54 Win User

$windows.~bt

With an upgrade from Win 7 to 10, a folder with the Thread title appeared at the top of my C drive folder. In that folder were the following sub folders: Boot, EFI, New OS, Sources, Store & Work. The two I am really interested in are the Boot and EFI folders. Just wondering if I burned them (or all of them) to a DVD, would I have an operable boot disk?

Thanks

:)

miata54, Nov 29, 2017
  2. NavyLCDR New Member

No. You need to create the recovery disk from that option in Windows 10, create a standard Windows 10 installation disk using Media Creation Tool, or create a bootable disk from one of the custom images available such as Kyhi's recovery tools or Macrium Reflect Rescue disk (any backup imaging program such as Macrium Reflect should have the ability to create a rescue disk).

NavyLCDR, Nov 29, 2017
Thema:

$windows.~bt

1. $windows.~bt - Similar Threads - $windows ~bt

2. Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11: Hi I have 365 and am using it on a laptop and desktop. The problem I have with both is that emails do not "Send" from a BT internet account. Seems fine with Gmail and Outlook accounts. Bt Internet inbox works but sent emails just sit in the Outbox. You can force it by...
  3. Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems "sending" emails from a BT Internet account on Outlook in Windows 11: Hi I have 365 and am using it on a laptop and desktop. The problem I have with both is that emails do not "Send" from a BT internet account. Seems fine with Gmail and Outlook accounts. Bt Internet inbox works but sent emails just sit in the Outbox. You can force it by...
  4. Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program: I joined and then opted out the Insider Program beta stream I think a while ago, but apparently it automatically downloaded and prepared an update to Windows 11 for some reason, I am still on Windows 10 Pro which I didn't want. Trying to prevent the update, I turned off my PC...
  5. Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program: I joined and then opted out the Insider Program beta stream I think a while ago, but apparently it automatically downloaded and prepared an update to Windows 11 for some reason, I am still on Windows 10 Pro which I didn't want. Trying to prevent the update, I turned off my PC...
  6. Can't delete "$WINDOWS.~BT" folder after having issues with the insider program

7. BT headphones and windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BT headphones and windows 10 PC: Hello! So I have 2 sets of bt headphones and they connect fine to my laptop and phone. I have Windows 10 on my PC and it shows up under Bluetooth devices and I'm able to connect. They just never ever show up under playback. I've tried absolutely everything and have scoured...
  8. BT headphones and windows 10 PC

BT headphones and windows 10 PC: Hello! So I have 2 sets of bt headphones and they connect fine to my laptop and phone. I have Windows 10 on my PC and it shows up under Bluetooth devices and I'm able to connect. They just never ever show up under playback. I've tried absolutely everything and have scoured...
  9. BT headphones and windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Can I connect my BT headphone, wireless keyboard and mouse at the same time In windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I connect my BT headphone, wireless keyboard and mouse at the same time In windows 10: Please answer quickly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-connect-my-bt-headphone-wireless-keyboard/244057f4-cc51-47d7-94e0-879f6d651926