Windows 10: Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug?

Discus and support Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There is a delay after typing before touch pad taps will register. Reproduce Go to Settings > Devices > Touchpad and set "Touchpad sensitivity" to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Randy_845, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Randy_845 Win User

Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug?

There is a delay after typing before touch pad taps will register.

Reproduce

• Go to Settings > Devices > Touchpad and set "Touchpad sensitivity" to anything other than "most sensitive"
    • Find some text input field and place the pointer close to the beginning of a line so that when you tap later the cursor will move
    • Tap in the field
    • Type a word
    • IMMEDIATELY tap the touch pad

Expected behavior: the cursor will be placed where you tapped.

Actual behavior: as if there was no tap at all.

That is sufficient to produce the problem, but I find that this method makes the problem easier to reproduce but includes steps unrelated to the problem:

• Type a word
    • Double tap the word to highlight it
    • Type another word in its place that is long enough so that the cursor is to the right of the pointer so that tapping will move the cursor instead of just placing it where it already is at the end of the line
    • IMMEDIATELY and QUICKLY double tap the new word

Expected behavior: the word will be highlighted.

Actual behavior is one of these:

• If I double tap slowly but still immediately after typing, the first tap does nothing and the second tap places the cursor where I tapped.
    • If I tap both quickly and immediately, the tapping does nothing at all

Not: it is essential that the tap after typing is immediate. I assume that the touch pad is ignoring taps while I type, but the delay after typing is long enough that I frequently make mistakes while working. Setting the touch pad sensitivity to "most sensitive" is not an acceptable solution because this imposes other costs on the user the cursor jumping around because you barely scraped the touch pad. The duration of delay between typing and touch pad responding should not be considered the same thing as overall sensitivity.

Why this matters: Replacing a single word in my computer code and then double tapping that word to highlight it and use it elsewhere is a common part of my workflow, and it almost always fails.

Is this something that should be taken up with Windows or with the touch pad manufacturer? I assume that either could do something about it, but the behavior can be controlled somewhat with a Windows setting, so I think this should be considered a Windows bug.

:)

Randy_845, Jan 13, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 13, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug?

Bug with GWX translation

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to give your feedback about the bug in the feedback app.

To do so you can follow this below steps:

• Type “Windows Feedback” in the
      search box of Windows 10 system.

• From the search results shown, select the option for Windows Feedback app and launch it.

• As a mandatory step, please check the existing Windows 10 feedback reports and bug reports to make sure your identified issue or bug is not already present in them.

• If your bug or feedback is already mentioned by someone else, you can click on the “Me too” option which informs Microsoft that even you have faced similar issue / bug.

• In case of a new bug, feel elated that you found one and using the “New Feedback” option specify the relevant details clearly (possibly by making use of some screenshots for clarity).

• Once you are sure that you have shared all possible details about the issue you found with some Windows 10 functionality or feature, click on the “Submit” option to share your valuable feedback
      with Microsoft.
    The above step-by-step guide on using Windows Feedback app will help you to report any new error or bug with the Microsoft Windows 10 features. Please feel free to share any bugs that you may come across and may possibly
    have reported the same using this Feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug?

1. Windows bug/stupid design or touchpad bug? - Similar Threads - bug stupid design

2. Stupid windows bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stupid windows bugs: It is ridiculous that system error in blue to restart and browser error are commonly happen last few weeks. I am **** busy last few weeks and your problems **** affect to my own business. As we know that there are many bugs after your ridiculous Window update. Also, my...
  3. Stupid windows bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stupid windows bugs: It is ridiculous that system error in blue to restart and browser error are commonly happen last few weeks. I am **** busy last few weeks and your problems **** affect to my own business. As we know that there are many bugs after your ridiculous Window update. Also, my...
  4. Stupid windows bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Touchpad bugged???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad bugged???: Hello!When i try to use my touchpad it no longer moves my cursor, but it will randomly switch between apps and on chrome it will scroll up and down on the page and zoom in and outHow do i fix this?...
  6. Touchpad bugged???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad bugged???: Hello!When i try to use my touchpad it no longer moves my cursor, but it will randomly switch between apps and on chrome it will scroll up and down on the page and zoom in and outHow do i fix this?...
  7. Touchpad bugged???

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Virtual touchpad bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual touchpad bug: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ITACHI_ClanUchiha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yqm985/virtual_touchpad_bug/
  9. Minecraft stupid bug.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft stupid bug.: Hi, i am on the verge of breaking my computer. Please i have googled and read through useless internet tips and advice but i saw that those reports are from 2012 till 2017 yet still in 2019 minecraft still faces such idiotic bugs. I entered the nether and left and my game...
  10. Bad design or bug? > Windows Filehistory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad design or bug? > Windows Filehistory settings: Hi, I really don't get why everything has to pass through the feedback app that basically is a voting app. If this is how Microsoft takes input and evaluate what to work on, it's just horrible. Anyways. I just want to say that I think the setting setup regarding...