Windows 10: windows bugged after update to 1909

Discus and support windows bugged after update to 1909 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I updated to 1909 and now i am having strange bug. When i left-click on something, it doesn't react. For example: hitting field for searching folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Jan 12, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

windows bugged after update to 1909

I updated to 1909 and now i am having strange bug. When i left-click on something, it doesn't react. For example: hitting field for searching folders doesn't do anything. One time my whole system was unresponsive, left click didn't work for almost anything. It is not mouse, i have no problem playing pc games. And i just repaired pc using usb. Yet i runned sfc /scannow and it found corruption already, while just after a repair it was fine. I wasn't doing anything yet on my system and it is already corrupted again, what the heck ???

Only thing i can think of, which could do anything is using program: Tweaking.com - Windows Repair. Because my windows update service wasn't running and i couldn't turn that on. But this program is legit, i doubt it would corrupt system. But something did, yet i think this error was already happening before corruption. After i just repaired pc and it was fine no errors... Anyway isn't this known issue, or something. Windows is really bugged, i can be not doing anything to my system months and than random issue happens...

EDIT: so i looked to cbs log and it couldn't repair some windows update component so it is possible, that this program corrupted something. Usually is bad idea to use programs like this, but this one is legit, it can fix various issues, without need to reinstall and helped me many times. But nothing is perfect. But i still think it didn't cause this issue. Some weird bugs have been happening to me lately. Or in browser: it is switching me on one tab, while i didn't installed any new extensions and i have no virus detections either.

:)

empleat, Jan 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Barman58 Win User
    1909 in the offing?

My thoughts on updating older revisions

The version being offered in the Autumn (fall) is to be mainly a bug fix, but some features may also be altered or added, Not as many as has been previously but it is more of a hybrid between a feature upgrade and a Bug Fix Update than a regular "Bug Fix Update"

I would have to assume that someone running an older revision of Windows 10 would be updated using just the installer for 1909, as I am assuming that the 1909 Download will be capable of installing to a bare disk, If the upgrade is through WU I would assume that the process would install the latest revision of all the changes from the Base install being upgraded

A totally forced manual install (Upgrade) of 1909, where Microsoft does not consider the system ready / suitable would possibly need a step by step approach installing the intermediate Revisions, correcting these, to work with the system, and then moving on to the next . In this case a fresh install would possibly be the best way, but may be rejected for the reasons for Microsoft deciding not to upgrade

Barman58, Jan 12, 2020
  4. windows bugged after update to 1909

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

windows bugged after update to 1909

1. windows bugged after update to 1909 - Similar Threads - bugged update 1909

2. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  3. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update not updating after build 1909: I started having this issue last December or so. If I try to do a major Windows Update the update appears to download and mostly install. Once the computer prompts for a restart it doesn't seem like anything finalized and when the computer boots up again nothing has changed....
  4. Windows Update not updating after build 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bug after Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bug after Update: Hello, There was an update I got for my Pc, Every thing was fine and updating fine and it also finish updating, but I realize that Windows Hello had got rested. I tried to enter my password to log in to my account but it keep saying "Offline mode, Connect to the internet."...
  6. Windows bug after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows bug after update: After update to Build 19041.388, I've no longer to use Snip & Sketch again it show up with this notification [ATTACH] Can anyone experience the same error like me or anyone know how to fix it...
  7. [BUG] updated from 1909 to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [BUG] updated from 1909 to 2004: with version 1909 windows 10 home i was able to use "windows key + ctrl + s" to take a snapshot of my screen and the resulting picture would get send to "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip" which...
  8. Windows 10 1909 mouse bug

Windows 10 1909 mouse bug: Sometimes the mouse goes directly to the left upper corner, its so annoying and this started to happen in the last update. 18363.836 SO submitted by /u/Meffecter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwuw7v/windows_10_1909_mouse_bug/
  9. Permissions bug in Windows 10 1909

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permissions bug in Windows 10 1909: [ATTACH] I found a permissions bug in Windows 10. I also got this bug in Windows 7 running on VirtualBox. This bug just happens when I set permissions to MYSELF. I was attempting to rename a Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows 10 picture wallpaper and when I set permissions to...
  10. Bizarre search bug since 1909 update

Bizarre search bug since 1909 update: I realise 1909 has a few search issues but I've not seen anyone else have this exact bug so I'm not really expecting help (though it'd be really appreciated), but I'm more sharing this in case others DO have the issue and this will let them know they're not alone.. If I use...