Windows 10: Windows Build message on desktop

Discus and support Windows Build message on desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Three weeks after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 from Microsoft a message saying "Windows 10 Home Build 10240" appeared in the right-hand corner of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by smiffy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. smiffy Win User

Windows Build message on desktop

Three weeks after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 from Microsoft a message saying "Windows 10 Home Build 10240" appeared in the right-hand corner of my desktop last night. As I like to have a completely clear desktop. no icons etc. this is a nuisance, is it possible to remove it please?

:)

smiffy, Aug 30, 2015

2. Windows Build message on desktop

Hello Jesinto

I went to Get Help Activating Microsoft Windows, followed the instructions and a window popped up which said :-

Edition Windows 10 Home

Activation Windows is activated

I upgraded to Windows 10 from a genuine Windows 7 installation through the usual Microsoft procedure. Please advise me what else I can do to rectify this.

Thankyou

Regards

Stan

Stan Smith69, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Windows Build message on desktop

Hi Stan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue arises when the copy of your Windows is not genuine.

I would suggest you contact Microsoft Activation Center. Kindly click on the link below for more information:

Get Help Activating Microsoft Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/950929?wa=wsignin1.0

For more information refer the below link:

Why can't I activate Windows?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-activate-windows

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 30, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

This page shows how to add that information but at the bottom, before "Join the discussion", it shows how to disable it, may work on Win10 but I didn't try it.
    Stupid Geek Tricks: How to Display the Windows Version on the Desktop

Berton, Aug 30, 2015
  5. smiffy Win User
    Thanks Berton, worked a treat

smiffy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Build message on desktop - Similar Threads - Build message desktop

2. Supressing Expiring Windows Insider Build Messages

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Supressing Expiring Windows Insider Build Messages: My PC is running the Windows 10 Insider Build 21390.2025 Actually it's firmly stuck on that build after Microsoft about 18 months ago managed to do something wrong with the updates, and pushed my machine up to Windows 11 even though it didn't meet the specification and I had...
  3. Supressing Expiring Windows Insider Build Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supressing Expiring Windows Insider Build Messages: My PC is running the Windows 10 Insider Build 21390.2025 Actually it's firmly stuck on that build after Microsoft about 18 months ago managed to do something wrong with the updates, and pushed my machine up to Windows 11 even though it didn't meet the specification and I had...
  4. Supressing Expiring Windows Insider Build Messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  6. Build text on Desktop preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Build text on Desktop preview: Hi there I am Aldrin and one of the newest member of insider program I would like to ask regarding to the build text that is displayed on desktop when theirs's an update do mind if you rather take that one out....
  7. Error Message This build of windows will expire soon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message This build of windows will expire soon: Hey guys, not sure if it is the right topic but, so I have an issue where this pop-up appears every so often [ATTACH] And plus, I don't get updates and can't change insider channel became grayed out [ATTACH] I have a genuine license, and I have no idea what causes this......
  8. Keep getting this message: Install a new build of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting this message: Install a new build of windows: [ATTACH] I was on a insider build previously, which caused an issue so I reinstalled window by the download from cloud option and again got the insider build somehow. Now I stopped the insider preview updates and I haven't got any stable windows update since, just some...
  9. "This build of Windows will expire soon" Windows error message.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "This build of Windows will expire soon" Windows error message.: Hi community, I am asking about the notice that my build of Windows will expire soon. When I update to a newer build, it crashes my old Dell Latitude E6620 so I want to stay on this build but I don't want my Windows Insider Preview Build expiring because then I'll have to...
  10. Message at desktop login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Message at desktop login: Hello So today i turned on my PC (have fast startup enabled) and when logging in and going to desktop like i normally do, Windows just stayed at the username screen and after that i got a smaller window with some options to configure, i think they were the Privacy options...