Windows 10: Windows build1903 update to 1909

Discus and support Windows build1903 update to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why won't Windows build1903 update to 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bob494, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Bob494 Win User

Windows build1903 update to 1909

Why won't Windows build1903 update to 1909

:)

Bob494, Jan 17, 2020

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jan 17, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows build1903 update to 1909 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 17, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows build1903 update to 1909 - Similar Threads - build1903 update 1909

2. Windows Update 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 1909: My laptop was working just fine. Running Windows Home Edition. When I checked for available updates. Windows UPDATE 1909 showed as available. I went ahead and installed UPDATE 1909. The installation never did finish. After many hours I just forced a shut down pushing...
  3. Windows update 1909

Windows update 1909: So everytime I check windows update, the update states I need to install the cumulative update for windows version 1909. This happens EVERY TIME despite the fact that I have already installed it at least twice. When I check in the settings for the version I have it states I...
  4. windows 1909 update

windows 1909 update: why is this unable to update gets to 99 and stops worst windows update ever https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1909-update/06424c84-e2d8-45fa-adf8-4f5f34829825
  5. Windows Update 1909

Windows Update 1909: Is anyone else having trouble with the Windows 10 update 1909? It keeps downloading and wanting to update, but it fails every time. I'm told it may have something to do with DIOS from 2011 instead of 2016- It's almost suggesting the on;ly solution is a new computer....
  6. Windows update 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update 1909: I have done the security update 1909 om a 8th Gen processor system. After that an error is coming with graphics saying 'graphics unavailable ' Any solutions available ?...
  7. Windows 1909 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 1909 update?: Hi everyone, This is the first I've heard of this update. I only found out about it because I went to purchase Outer Worlds and discovered that my OS is somehow out of date? My question is simple. Will I lose data from updating to this new version of windows? Specifically...
  8. Windows Update 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update 1909: After my laptop updated to the Windows 10 version 1909, I no longer had the calendar app that comes on the other versions of Windows 10. Is there any way that I can download that app, so that I can reinstall it on my laptop?? If so, can someone point me in the right...
  9. updating to windows 1909

updating to windows 1909: i am currently trying to update to windows 10 to 1909 from 1803, everytime i do it either A. gets stuck on 100% download B gets stuck on working on updates and then restarts i cannot use windows update assistant thing as im unable to use external storage with it. All help...
  10. WINDOWS UPDATE 1909

WINDOWS UPDATE 1909: Hello guys im experiencing problem with windows update my current windows version is 1809.. I've tried to update my windows to version 1909 and yes it downloads but when it reach to 94% my pc restarts I tried using ISO for update when i launch setup my pc restarts i tried...