Windows 10: Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...

Discus and support Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community, Last weekend was when I first experienced the Windows button not working on my Lenovo Legion y520, this seemed like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jofet, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Jofet Win User

Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...

Dear Microsoft community,

Last weekend was when I first experienced the Windows button not working on my Lenovo Legion y520, this seemed like a small issue to fix.

The first thing I read was running a scan through sfc /scannow - it stopped at 4% and got error 87 "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation."

So I Googled fixes and tried this;

1. ran CHKDSK which had no impact on sfc /scannow;

2. Starting Windows in safe mode didn't help;

3. Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth didn't work either.

Now I'm stuck, several problems that I'm struggling with in combination with the Windows Start button not working are;

1. Can't open Windows related programs like mail, photos etc;

2. Can't even control / paste without getting an error that pops up 20 ish times;

3. Can't open Adobe programs e.g. Photoshop, Lightroom etc.

4. Get a lot of error pop ups when opening programs "Error message: 0xc000012f"

An important thing to note is that I have no restore point.

I hope I offered enough information to fix this issue.

Kind regards,

:)

Jofet, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 Club

you can try the built in windows repair. I forget if its refresh or reset.

alternatively you can try

Admin Powershell

SFC /scannow

then

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Solaris17, Nov 6, 2018
  3. DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and sfc /scannow doesn't work

As the subject says, /restorehealth and /scannow doesn't work.

I tried to use /restorehealth to fix a component store corruption, but I got the following message:

C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.3.9600.17031

Error: 112 (Note: I've seen different error codes, like 2, when trying to run this again.)

An error occurred accessing the temporary folder C:\Users\me\AppData\Local

\Temp\A6A16BBE-4935-4609-878D-CF67AFFC3F4E.

Ensure that the path to the temporary folder exists and that you have Read/Write

permissions on the folder.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

So I went to the internet and found sfc /scannow as one of the solutions to this. so I ran it, and...

C:\Windows\system32>sfc/scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

I went to the internet again and searched around for solutions, but they don't work.

The solutions I tried include:

-chkdsk (ran about 4 times, didn't fix)

-running /scannow in safe mode (tried in all 3 variants of safe mode, didn't work)

-ICACLS C:\Windows\winsxs (didn't fix)

-Windows Update Troubleshooter (told me it fixed the problems, but the commands still don't work)

-Automatic Repairs (Advanced Startup->Troubleshoot->Advanced Options) (also didn't work)

-ran %processor_architecture%, got "AMD 64", so it's probably not a command prompt issue

Can someone please help?

justapassingrandomperson, Nov 6, 2018
  4. RejZoR Win User

Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth...

Can't get SFC and DISM to work anymore on Win10

Ok, can someone help me out because this crap is starting to piss me off. There was once a time when you could simply run SFC and DISM to check Windows files integrity and if there were any problems found with the local files, Windows repaired it automatically. The reason why I want to run this is because I'm getting stupendously huge amount of errors and warnings in Event Viewer, but I don't want to run refresh because it'll mess up tons of apps.

Commands I used:
    sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Fast forward few years and we now have glorious Windows 10. Trying to run the same tools, they find errors but stubbornly refuse to fix ANYTHING. What's the god damn point of it then?

Sfc finds issues but can't repair them and DISM constantly bitches how it can't find the source. All this used to work directly in Windows 7, but in Win 10, nothing. This was one of the best features to get OS back in good state and they go and ruin it. Because Microsoft!

I've checked this thread:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.co...sfc-failed-to-repair?forum=win10itprohardware

Nothing worked. And they keep mentioning install.wim where my Windows image downloaded from Microsoft itself! only carries install.esd which I can't seem to use with anything.

I've also tried this tool:
    CodePlex Archive

Which again wants .wim file and refuses to work with esd.

RejZoR, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows button doesn't work - sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth... - Similar Threads - button doesn't sfc

2. What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-sfc-scannow-dism-online/b5bc0985-eaf4-4495-96f2-8998cb2ec485
  3. What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I run first? sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Windows...: Ensure the process is clean and perfect, I want to know what I should run first. Is there a correct order? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-run-first-sfc-scannow-dism-online/b5bc0985-eaf4-4495-96f2-8998cb2ec485
  4. SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.: Hi.Recently i reset my ssd and installed RTM Windows 11, Then moved to Windows 11 Insider preview. 25145I was just going to install Dell SupportAssistant, But it failed to install.It never happened before i reset my ssd, But now it does.So i tried SFC and DISM, But it didn't...
  5. SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth don't work.: Hi.Recently i reset my ssd and installed RTM Windows 11, Then moved to Windows 11 Insider preview. 25145I was just going to install Dell SupportAssistant, But it failed to install.It never happened before i reset my ssd, But now it does.So i tried SFC and DISM, But it didn't...
  6. SFC /SCANNOW and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth complete too fast sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SFC /SCANNOW and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth complete too fast sometimes: I don't know why but sometimes when I run sfc /scannow and dism scan because I suspect there's corrupted files that make my pc slow, it complete TOO FAST. Sometimes it jumps from 40% to 100% right away. Is the scan skipping some part of the disks because of malware or...
  7. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth: When I run this command its always stuck in 43-44 % its said access denied error 5 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-online-cleanup-image-restorehealth/cd798b7b-e035-4d1b-9f9d-3b00a17fd9ca
  8. Both SFC /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Fail

Both SFC /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth Fail: Hi Everyone In late 2017, I purchased a new Lenovo core i5 desktop with Win10 Home edition with 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD. The OEM HDD has 6 partitions with partition #3 being the C drive at 909GB. I'm sure all the other 5 partitions are being used by Lenovo and Microsoft for OEM...
  9. sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

sfc /scannow and DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.: Hi, the two commands above, when entered in my Admin. command prompt do not work. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/sfc-scannow-and-dismexe-online-cleanup-image/db3b24de-a261-403e-9d11-8141d13f7954
  10. SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth using Image: Windows 10 user. Having some trouble with my system after coming back from a weekend. Nothing major...just having trouble playing some games that require plugins etc Regardless if it's related, I just wanted to run an SFC/Scannow or DISM/RestoreHealth I downloaded the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dism error 433

2. dism error 433 Error accessing temporary folder

3. sfc/scannow Dis/Online/Cleanup-Image/RestoreHealth