Windows 10: Windows button, New Notifications, and Speakers Not Working

Discus and support Windows button, New Notifications, and Speakers Not Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I'm a relative newcomer to personal computers. I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit. About a week ago or so, the Windows button, the New... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrm3601, Aug 2, 2016.

1. mrm3601 Win User

Windows button, New Notifications, and Speakers Not Working

Hello.

I'm a relative newcomer to personal computers.

I'm using Windows 10, 64-bit. About a week ago or so, the Windows button, the New Notifications button, and the Speakers button stopped working. For example, when I left click on the Windows a button small circle appears for a few seconds and then disappears, but that's all.

Curiously, perhaps, when I right click on the buttons they work (in terms of "right clicking" (sorry about the phrase).

Any suggestions as to how the solve this problem is appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

mrm3601, Aug 2, 2016
  2. RaSm64 Win User

Start menu and taskbar not working

My "Start menu" and my "Search the web and Windows" and the "Speakers" button and the "New Notifications" button are not working. None of the Windows 10 tiles are coming up as they did when I first started using Windows 10. They did work, but not now. I
    have build 10586.36

Original Title: No start menu and. . .

RaSm64, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Notifications doest open

Notifications in the dock tells me I have new notifications, but I can't click and open the Notifications tray to view them. I click on the icon and nothing happens. Same for speaker button, no response. Windows icon, lower left, the left button
    doesn't do anything.

gilbertgonzales1, Aug 2, 2016
  4. mrm3601 Win User

After updating to the most recent version of Windows 10 the problems I stated above how some how been resolved.

mrm3601, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows button, New Notifications, and Speakers Not Working - Similar Threads - button Notifications Speakers

2. Window 10 Speaker Button Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Speaker Button Disappeared: Hi Microsoft, I am the owner of https://thecelebinfo.com In my laptop, My volume speaker is disappeared suddenly, How to show it again? I am confused Thanks...
  3. Speaker button on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker button on task bar: When I click on the speaker button on my task bar, nothing happens. I am unable to increase the volume of my speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-button-on-task-bar/6efbd51d-6068-4526-8b96-0364bc4abc90
  4. Speakers not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speakers not working: Hi. Before resetting windows 10 speakers were running perfectly. But after that, it doesn't work even after installing the audio driver. What is the problem! Please help fixing. Thanks...
  5. Brand New USB Speakers Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand New USB Speakers Not Working: My wife just bought me brand new usb speakers that I cannot get to work on my computer. I plug them in, they come on, but no sound comes from them. I've tried everything I could think off. I've tried updating drivers, sound card, etc. It's like my computer acts like they...
  6. speakers not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    speakers not working: I tried to start a video call but my speakers would not work. My headphones work but no speakers. My volume was set right and mute was not on. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working/a16082b3-4e23-46ed-baa2-610add0227b3
  7. speaker not working

speaker not working: my left speaker is not working on window 10. I also updated it but no response what should i do in such a condition, sometimes it gives sound on videos startup and imediately disappears....
  8. Missing notification Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing notification Button: i installed 1809 and i noticed that i don't have button at the end of the taskbar to open the notifications panel. i know they are on and working cause i've been getting the ones i haven't disabled under notification settings. any idea how to get it back, or an alternative...
  9. Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.

Start Button, Time & Date, Speaker Settings not working.: It's a Lenovo PC-All in one. The Monitor has all the other Hardware (HDD, M/B, RAM, Speakers, Camera, etc.) Pentuim CPU G645 2.9 + 2.9 Ghz. The config seems pretty decent. I joined the company recently and the Start Menu Button or the Button on the Keyboard do not open the...
  10. Another PC with non working start / notification button

in Windows 10 Support
    Another PC with non working start / notification button: Another PC with non working start / notification button. It seems it happens out of the blue. I tried several suggested fixes without success. So will just wait till the next update. Hopefully that will solve the issue. As long as I get updates I will just shut down...