Windows 10: Windows button not working

Discus and support Windows button not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good Day, Sorry this is a bit long. Last week I came to use the computer and discovered that the windows button has stopped working. When I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HiltonFynn, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows button not working

Good Day,

Sorry this is a bit long.

Last week I came to use the computer and discovered that the windows button has stopped working. When I click on it the little circle appears then disappears and nothing happens. If I move the mouse to the other side of the screen where the date/time is audio and internet connection the same happens. Click on it nothing happens. I tried more solutions then I can remember from different places. I was not too worried because the icons on the taskbar that I use a lot like Outlook, Word and Excel still worked. I managed to find a way to settings and tried to uninstall the updates. The updates had not been downloaded but were stuck. Every time I tried to install it, it would stop installing at 20% with an error. I tried to reset the computer but kept getting an error message. I restarted the computer and instead of logging in went into that blue screen troubleshoot. I tried to reset from there. It kept asking me for a password. I use a pin to log in but did not work. I tried every password I used in the last 2 years and still could not go further. I changed my Microsoft password and tried again still said incorrect password. Today the icons like Outlook and Word have now stopped working. A very long error message came up. I decided to reinstall Windows. Downloaded the Media Creation Tool followed the instructions. I am now at the part that says Downloading Windows 10 Progress 0%. That is how it has been for the last hour. I am using Windows 10 Pro. My computer is HP Pro 3400 Series MT. I have 6gig RAM and a 150 gig SSD.

Any suggestions would be great.

Many thanks

:)

HiltonFynn, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Windows button not working

Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows button not working

1. Windows button not working - Similar Threads - button working

2. My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...: What may be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-working-i-was-trying-to-open-it-but/7e1cb1ed-97f7-4915-82fa-6f9a2ce87721
  3. My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is not working, I was trying to open it but the buttons aren't working now I want to...: What may be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-not-working-i-was-trying-to-open-it-but/7e1cb1ed-97f7-4915-82fa-6f9a2ce87721
  4. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  5. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  6. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  7. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work: My laptop has Windows 10. I have Microsoft 365 installed. I have no internet connection. The laptop shows that it is on Airplane Mode which I did not set. The button is gray and does not react when I click on it to turn off airplane mode. HELP...
  8. Airplane Mode is on and button is gray. Clicking on button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Ctrl Buttons Not Working: Yesterday morning on the train it was fine, but in the evening when I got back to the dorm both ctrl keys were not working. I did a test on the keyboard test sites on Google but it doesn't recognize the key. If it was only one of them, I would have thought it was a hardware...
  10. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...