Windows 10: Windows button on screen bezel

Discus and support Windows button on screen bezel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all. My question is, I have acquired a couple Linx 8 tablets that were running windows 8. I've upgraded them to windows 10 but now the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stickyshocker, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Windows button on screen bezel

Hi all.

My question is, I have acquired a couple Linx 8 tablets that were running windows 8. I've upgraded them to windows 10 but now the windows button on the bezel fails to work. I messaged Linx and they have claimed the feature was removed from the newest versions of windows 10 and that's why the newer surface tablets don't have them.

Is this correct or do any of you know a way to get it working again.

Cheers

Stuart

:)

Stickyshocker, Aug 21, 2019

2. Loose metal screen bezel

The metal bezel has spring-like properties, so if usage/drops cause it to flex out, you simply need to flex it in a bit beyond normal in order to restore its true/original shape.If you're not too risk-averse (and willing to void your warranty), you might
    try this:

• Watch this N900 disassembly video: Tehk Seven
    • Disassemble your N900 until you've got the metal bezel off
    • 'Pinch' the bezel a bit: press the top & bottom edges inward just enough so that when re-assembled, they expand to flush with the plastic body
    • re-assemble N900
    Have fun.

digittante---01, Aug 21, 2019
  3. nruva Win User
    Loose metal screen bezel

I'm in the US, so repair would mean sending it away for a few weeks. I could... I have backup phones I could use, but if there is a simple/easy fix, I'd definitely be willing to do that myself and not waste mine or Nokia's time. Anyone have this issue and
    successfully repair it on their own? The disassembly video listed on maemo.org doesn't really describe the process, only that they leveraged the bezel away from the screen with a screw driver. Fine if you weren't too worried about the condition of the phone
    or bezel after, but that's going to leave some marks otherwise.

nruva, Aug 21, 2019
  4. nruva Win User

Windows button on screen bezel

Loose metal screen bezel

I've noticed over the past few weeks that the metal bezel around the screen has become loose on the top of the device (near the power button) and now seems to have a few mm of play when you press it in with your thumb. This is not causing any problem with
    the device, but it is a bit off-putting. You can clearly see the movement of the bezel and hear an audible click as it moves in and out. All other sides, besides the top, are completely solid and do not move. Is anyone else having a similar issue? Again, it
    doesn't really deter me from using the phone, but makes the device definitely feel cheap in the hand when I reach for the power button and get this spongy feeling from the bezel. Can/should this be fixed?

Just FYI: This device is now just over two months old, has never been dropped, is always kept in a case, and is very well cared for. The phone is in perfect condition, otherwise, and that's probably the main reason it upsets me.

nruva, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows button on screen bezel

1. Windows button on screen bezel - Similar Threads - button screen bezel

2. Power button and screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button and screen: Hello I have a problem with my laptop. I assigned the power button to hibernate but when i press it nothing happens. And when i enter start menu and select power and choose hibernate the screen turns black but not off and the laptop keeps running but you can't do anything....
  3. Screen button off / setting button off

Screen button off / setting button off: screen button off / setting button off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-button-off-setting-button-off/a2cb49d0-682f-4e93-94c5-667e0ca888ed
  4. Help, black line appearing under top bezel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, black line appearing under top bezel.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fiestabowl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jzl6n0/help_black_line_appearing_under_top_bezel/
  5. On Screen Button Mapper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On Screen Button Mapper?: Sort of like Bluestacks Game Mapper where it let's you map Controller inputs to onscreen touch inputs but for Windows in general. If thats actually a thing could someone supply a link please? submitted by /u/SpicySalsa2 [link] [comments]...
  6. Print Screen Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Screen Button: Hello, I'm trying to find the pictures I thought I was saving when I pressed the (Print/Scrn/SysRq) button, but I don't see any letter/names located at the Top of the screen as instructed from the manual to look for once I open site. I'm telling you this was a piece of...
  7. Print Screen button

Print Screen button: Print screen button used to save to photos now not working, also pressing snipping tool make page you wish to snip disappear! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-screen-button/55850b92-a5ed-4689-b558-ed77c1d60b20
  8. boarderless/thin bezel monitor??

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    boarderless/thin bezel monitor??: Hey guys, Has anyone seen a 4k monitor anywhere between maybe 22inch to a 28inch that has an extremely thin bezel? Like a boarderless design? I’m going to run a dual or triple monitor setup and butting them together I need the least gap in the viewing area as possible. Thanks
  9. Thick Bezel with my theme color all of the sudden showing up on all "windowed" application...

Thick Bezel with my theme color all of the sudden showing up on all "windowed" application...: I just noticed this a couple of weeks ago and I have no idea where to find settings to turn them off. I have included a picture of the problem. The red border around the sticky note (for this example) is what I am talking about. This also happens on any other windowed program...
  10. Print Screen Button

in Windows 10 Support
    Print Screen Button: Hi All On my old laptops keyboard the Print Screen button was on the main keyboard and even when I changed how the F keys work in the Bios I had no problem as Prt Sc was the default action for that button. On my new laptop though I noticed that the Print Screen button now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. linx 8 bezel not working windows 10 compatibility