Windows 10: Windows Button Stopped Working

Discus and support Windows Button Stopped Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I had this issue over a year ago and it's happening again. For whatever reason the Windows button in the bottom left corner has stopped working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WingKips, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Windows Button Stopped Working

Hello, I had this issue over a year ago and it's happening again. For whatever reason the Windows button in the bottom left corner has stopped working, when I click on it a blue loading circle spins next to my cursor for a second before disappearing, same goes when I press the Windows Key on my keyboard. I've tried various Troubleshooting techniques when reading about this issue online, usually it's just various PowerShell and CMD scans that haven't fixed my issue. When this happened to me before the way I got around it was to make a new User Profile on my computer and then move all my files over since the Windows button worked there. I tried this again and it works, however I don't really want to go through the process of changing a bunch of little details on a new User Profile again and would rather find a solution for my current User Profile, thanks.

submitted by /u/WingKips
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WingKips, Jan 16, 2021

2. Side button on G502 stopped working

Hello,

I've been using my G502 mouse for a long time , and it's great, recently however my side button (the "forward" button) has stopped working.

I use this button alot when browsing and I don't know why but it no longer does it's function so I'm asking if anyone might be able to help me in this. I installed Logitech Gaming Software to check if maybe the button is unbinded but everything is normal. I also unplugged/plugged my mouse to see if it works and also restarting my PC, however still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions , I really like this mouse and would love to fix any problem it has.

Thanks in forward.

gamingmonkey, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Tilghman Win User
    Start Button Stopped Working

Yesterday the start button stopped responding. Cortana works okay and right clicking the start button opens a long list beginning with Programs and Features through Desktop. I restored from a point yesterday before experiencing the problem. Did not help.
    Any suggestions?

Tilghman, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Button Stopped Working

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows Button Stopped Working

1. Windows Button Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Button Stopped Working

2. A particular keyboard button stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A particular keyboard button stopped working: Hello Microsoft, please I need your help. I noticed that a particular keyboard button stopped working on my pc and it is the "A" button. Please I need you guidance. I think the button is fine and maybe this is a bug or something causing this. I don't want to have to change...
  3. A particular keyboard button stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A particular keyboard button stopped working: Hello Microsoft, please I need your help. I noticed that a particular keyboard button stopped working on my pc and it is the "A" button. Please I need you guidance. I think the button is fine and maybe this is a bug or something causing this. I don't want to have to change...
  4. buttons on my headphones stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    buttons on my headphones stop working: HelloAs the title says, the buttons to raise, lower or mute the sound of my headphones stop working for no reason. They work again if I modify the sound, either with the keyboard buttons or the soundbar on the taskbar.I have tried both with formatting and driver update, but...
  5. Windows Start button randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start button randomly stops working: So whenever I click on the Start menu it doesn't open, my cursor will show a 'working in background' for about half a second. Also whenever I click Ctrl + I for the settings, it automatically closes itself out. I can open Task Manager with no issues though. P.S This happened...
  6. Brightness buttons stopped working Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness buttons stopped working Win10: Hello. I have an HP Laptop (HP EliteBook 840 G5) running win10 enterprise. My Fn f3-f4 of the brightness control stopped working after an update. when my computer was new i had this issue, and after a lot of error and trial it appeared i needed an Intel driver of chipset...
  7. Start button stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button stopped working: I made some changes to my network settings in an attempt to determine what was preventing my desktop system from sleeping. I was restarting my system after each change, and now my Start button has stopped working. Microsoft Edge crashed immediately when opened one time prior...
  8. "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" virtual button & keyboard button stop working: I just did a clean install on W10 and change my bios to UEFI (which it supports.) I'm having this intermittent problem with the Windows "Start" Button in the lower left. It just stops working - left clicking doesn't do anything, although right-clicking does. I just have the...
  9. Windows Button stops working (Surface Book)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Button stops working (Surface Book): Hi, I have a Surface Book (8 GB RAM, 256 GB HD, Dedicated Graphics) with a random, re-occurring issue with my Windows (10) Start Button. It will just randomly stop working. By that I mean when I click it nothing happens... no Start Screen. If I right-click it, sometimes I'll...
  10. Start button has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button has stopped working: Hey guys wondering if some of you can help me out. The start button on windows 10 has stopped working for me. It came right after I installed a new graphics card though in the days before I had noticed strange stuff like when I searched for an app and clicked on its icon...