Windows 10: Windows C: drive has no space?

Discus and support Windows C: drive has no space? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, my C: drive has 117 GB of space. Problem is, even when I uninstall nearly everything from it, especially the most intensive, space-consuming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by firefox5, Mar 15, 2020.

1. firefox5 Win User

Windows C: drive has no space?

So, my C: drive has 117 GB of space.

Problem is, even when I uninstall nearly everything from it, especially the most intensive, space-consuming applications, the most I can get is like 20 GB free out of 117, meaning something to the effect of 97 GB arestill taken up.

But why? And by what? There isn't much on there that I haven't already deleted, and I've done disk cleanup multiple times. It seems like it's bloated to a certain extent, maybe filled with massive amounts of random things but I've tried a lot to clean it up, to no avail.

I can clean up my D: drive easy peasy. It's currently 572 GB free out of 670, meaning only 98 GB actually being used,which also contains most of my important stuff, like games, applications, etc.

I understand that C: contains my Windows installation but when I first got my laptop, C: drive was no where NEAR that number, of only 20 GB free at MAXIMUM. Is there anything I can do to fix this without just reinstalling literally everything? I'd also be fine moving my Windows installation to my D: drive but I heard it takes a lot of effort and to be honest, I'm not a huge hardware person...

:)

firefox5, Mar 15, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CWindows C: drive has no space? :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Mar 15, 2020
  4. Windows C: drive has no space?

My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows C: drive has no space?

1. Windows C: drive has no space? - Similar Threads - drive has space

2. My C: Drive has no space left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C: Drive has no space left: I recently noticed my C: Drive i.e OS drive ssd is full.I use my D: Drive to store my apps to keep my main drive clear.Searching shows me that its my user folder thats filling. i.e Microsoft Flight Simulator is the main culpritHow can I move this data to another drive?General...
  3. My C: Drive has no space left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My C: Drive has no space left: I recently noticed my C: Drive i.e OS drive ssd is full.I use my D: Drive to store my apps to keep my main drive clear.Searching shows me that its my user folder thats filling. i.e Microsoft Flight Simulator is the main culpritHow can I move this data to another drive?General...
  4. My C: Drive has no space left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive space: Hello .My C drive is an ssd 476 GB.At Monday the capacity was 290 GB.I deleted the latest restore points and the capacity went up to 300GB.Also i activated the weekly scheduled optimization for C drivebut i am thinking wasn't necessary and for my second internal hddmainly for...
  6. Space in C drive!!!

Space in C drive!!!: There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space free in the c drive was 45.1 GB and today it suddenly reduced to 43.2 GB, without me installing any programs. Sometimes I...
  7. Space in C drive!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Space in C drive!!!: There is one problem which I face with my computer everyday. The space free in the C drive gets lesser day bay day. For example, yesterday the space free in the c drive was 45.1 GB and today it suddenly reduced to 43.2 GB, without me installing any programs. Sometimes I...
  8. Space in C drive!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. C Drive suddenly has no space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C Drive suddenly has no space: So here's some backstory: Around a week ago, I checked the amount of space my C drive (windows) had, and it had around 46 GB. Also, during this time, the number of GB it had was constantly changing, even if I haven't downloaded or updated anything at all. But the changes...
  10. Windows C drive space

Windows C drive space: Background: I have an HP envy laptop and use adobe cc, cinema 4D, and a few other smaller apps. I am a design student so I use these applications on a day to day basis. Apart from that I have no games, pictures, videos or even music downloaded on my laptop. For the first...