Windows 10: Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing

Discus and support Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just reset my PC because it was getting sluggish and once it was all reset i noticed that the C drive has all of the files like 'Program files (x86)'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gmann134, Mar 12, 2019.

1. gmann134 Win User

Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing

I just reset my PC because it was getting sluggish and once it was all reset i noticed that the C drive has all of the files like 'Program files (x86)' and 'Users' and my D drive has nothing at all. My main problem is that i cant easily just download and install programs onto the D drive like Steam or Origin.

Any help would be appreciated cause i am not the best with computers and have been looking for a straight fix for a while now. Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing :)

:)

gmann134, Mar 12, 2019
  2. little cat, Mar 12, 2019
  3. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Gerwoj Win User

OS drive versus D drive

My new window computer has 100g on the OS drive, of which 71G is already used (Computer is two weeks old)

How much of the 71G is from the Windows 10 operating system?

If I buy a piece of software and install it on my computer, is it all going to land on the OS drive?

MY D drive has 1TB of storage space. It is designated as D (Data).

I assume anything I create (Word Docs, CAD drawings, etc) would be stored here.

If What I've said is true why do documents I create default to the OS C: drive?

Gerwoj, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows (C:) drive has OS but (D:) drive has nothing - Similar Threads - drive has drive

2. My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing: I'm at a loss at this point i'm terrified. My C drive is endlessly filling up with nothing files that I cannot find. I've trying using storage sense, I saw someone use Treesize, that didn't work. I've deleted so many documents, uninstalled apps nothing has worked. All the...
  3. My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing: I'm at a loss at this point i'm terrified. My C drive is endlessly filling up with nothing files that I cannot find. I've trying using storage sense, I saw someone use Treesize, that didn't work. I've deleted so many documents, uninstalled apps nothing has worked. All the...
  4. My Computer OS C drive has been filling up with absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. C drive and D drive

C drive and D drive: Hi, I was looking through my files and found my brother's files on my D drive. I asked him to move it to C drive so that it wouldn't appear on my D drive, but when I checked my C drive, he's files were there. I share a laptop with my brother and have our own accounts. Is the...
  6. D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive became C Drive, C became OS: F: Hi, After an update and not using my laptop for a week, after powering on my laptop, my profile was completely different, my wallpaper, profile name, and all my on screen apps were gone. I checked and my Downloads, desktop, pictures, music, videos and documents file and it...
  7. Windows C: drive has no space?

Windows C: drive has no space?: So, my C: drive has 117 GB of space. Problem is, even when I uninstall nearly everything from it, especially the most intensive, space-consuming applications, the most I can get is like 20 GB free out of 117, meaning something to the effect of 97 GB arestill taken up. But...
  8. Drive C has errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive C has errors: Hello Windows showed me a notification which said...... Scan drive for errors, after that I right clicked on drive C and selected properties, then it showed me this message which said .... acrotray.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly...
  9. C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive almost full but D drive has lots of space!: Hi, I would like to know if I can move "Users" from the C drive to the D drive as the C drive is almost full and I have lots of space on the D drive?...
  10. D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive

D Drive has the terabyte, not C Drive: I bought a laptop for gaming that is supposed to have a Terabyte HDD a few months back. I trusted that it was actually what it said since the reviews were good. I decided to see how much disk space I have left and when I checked... the D Drive was the terabyte and my C Drive...