Windows 10: Windows C drive space

Discus and support Windows C drive space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Background: I have an HP envy laptop and use adobe cc, cinema 4D, and a few other smaller apps. I am a design student so I use these applications on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by YasoR2, Aug 29, 2019.

1. YasoR2 Win User

Windows C drive space

Background: I have an HP envy laptop and use adobe cc, cinema 4D, and a few other smaller apps. I am a design student so I use these applications on a day to day basis. Apart from that I have no games, pictures, videos or even music downloaded on my laptop.

For the first two months I was able to work comfortably using multiple adobe software and saved all my work on the c drive of my laptop without experiencing any problems. I noticed the c drive getting full so I backup my work on an external hard drive and deleted those files. But now I can barely work photoshop without my c drive getting completely full within a week.

I have tried to move as many apps from my c drive to d drive but it has had minimal effect. I would rather not change the defaults for larger apps like adobe and microsoft.

I use to have an Asus laptop but it feels as though it had so much more storage in the c drive and I had at least triple the amount of work saved on it and never needed to delete my work files. I feel as though I have much less space compared to my peers who have similar apps installed and am wondering what the problem is.

I have already enquired to upgrade my storage of the c drive but received word from a HP store assistant that it is impossible with the HP envy model

(HP envyx360 convertible 15) I have. I have changed the settings so that new files save on d drive but I still see my c drive getting full and am unable to save my work from apps like indesign because the c drive is full. Photoshop is not as bad now because I had added d drive as a scratch disk under preferences but other apps still have this problem.

At this point I am desperate to figure out how I can upgrade my c drive or use more of my d drive space. Any help is welcome.

For reference here is a screenshot of my storage. As you can see I have a large amount of space on my d drive. Windows C drive space 84716552-b7b5-406f-b676-0b65fb89dc12?upload=true.png

:)

YasoR2, Aug 29, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CWindows C drive space :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Windows C drive space

My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)

• My windows 10 upgrade consumes all of it's drive c: space (50 GB)
    • I am unable to install the update,
    • I suspect the windows 10 need this much space and it is some kind of glitch,
    • Please suggest a way to free up some space as I don't prefer to format partition C:

letmeguess, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows C drive space

1. Windows C drive space - Similar Threads - drive space

2. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  3. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?: I have 4X 4TB drives configured as RAID 1 mirroring. I assumed that meant that a copy of the data was also stored on the other drives since only 8TB of the 16TB is available. I ID'd the failing drive and replaced it. I'm unable to remove the drive from the pool even though...
  4. How do you recover data/repair from a drive failure in Windows 10 Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive space

Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  6. Hard Drive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive space: I have a 128GB SSD Windows 10 home version 22H2 Build 19045.4291 and my programs are installed on.However I am losing fee space on a daily bases, current only 7..0 GB free.Checked Windows folder and have 2 folders SoftwareDistribution 945mb and another...
  7. Hard Drive space

8. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  9. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?: Storage usage shows 130 GB used by Installed apps, but when I click for more details, the list provided doesn't add up to that at all. Where is the rest of that 130 GB?I'm trying to add screenshots here but they won't seem to upload for some reason....
  10. How do I find what's taking up space on my C drive?