Windows 10: Windows C drive too small and nearly full, how can I extend it?

Discus and support Windows C drive too small and nearly full, how can I extend it? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The latest Windows 10 update has taken my windows c drive to near capacity, I have plenty of room on d drive so do I need to buy something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulButler11, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Windows C drive too small and nearly full, how can I extend it?

The latest Windows 10 update has taken my windows c drive to near capacity, I have plenty of room on d drive so do I need to buy something like Partition Magic or is there a Windows 10 tool that can assist?

:)

PaulButler11, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Malant Win User

Extend drive C

Is it possible to extend drive C across another drive. The PC is 12 months old, has a 119gb SSD fitted which has the OS and apps on it. It is now nearly full. There is a 1TB internal drive with all data on it. Also there are 2 external drives, 5TB and a
    500SSD. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Malant, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Extending disk space in drive c

Hello honey164,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

This step-by-step guide should help you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-extend-c-drive...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Oct 21, 2019
  4. Windows C drive too small and nearly full, how can I extend it?

Extend C drive Size

Your Image does not show a D partition. It does show an F partition which if reduced in size would enable you to increase the size of the C partition.

These are the steps needed to enable you to increase the size of your C partition:

• Reduce F by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before F.

• Increase the Recovery partition by 20 gb taking up unallocated space created by Step 1.

• Reduce the Recovery partition by 20 gb placing the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

• Increase the C partition by 20 gb to take in the unallocated space before the Recovery partition.

You can use Easeus Partition Manager (freeware) to carry out these tasks. The files in each partition are automatically moved when you carry out each step detailed above.

Free partition manager software to resize partitions - EaseUS® Partition Master Free

How to extend system partition when there is no unallocated space next to it?

Detailed solutions to manage disk space and partition size with EaseUS Partition Master

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows C drive too small and nearly full, how can I extend it?

1. Windows C drive too small and nearly full, how can I extend it? - Similar Threads - drive too small

2. How can I extend my C drive in this situation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I extend my C drive in this situation?: I've cloned my old C drive onto a new, larger drive in hopes that I'd be able to have more storage on my C drive, turns out it didn't extend the partition which is fine, but I can't do it manually either since there is part of the system reserve partition in the way....
  3. C drive nearly full after upgrading to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive nearly full after upgrading to Windows 11?: I recently bought a new laptop with a 500 GB SDD. I had around 430 GB of free space at first, but after upgrading to Windows 11, my computer claims C drive is nearly full - I only have around 30 GB left. How is this possible exactly and how can I get GB back?...
  4. C drive nearly full after upgrading to Windows 11?

C drive nearly full after upgrading to Windows 11?: I recently bought a new laptop with a 500 GB. I had around 430 GB of free space at first, but after upgrading to Windows 11, my computer claims C drive is nearly full - I only have around 30 GB left. How is this possible exactly and how can I get GB back?...
  5. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  6. C drive nearly full

C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  7. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. how can i extend my c drive ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i extend my c drive ?: i want to extend my c drive storage , it is full now and im not able to install or download any more files in c dive ? NEED HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-extend-my-c-drive/bbb1f2d4-c8f5-450f-ae4e-462a998bf02f
  9. C: Drive too full

in Windows 10 Customization
    C: Drive too full: I got a message my C: drive is at capacity and needs to have some files removed. What is the difference between the "Program Files" and Program Files x86. If I have to remove an application can I remove it from one of these folders & leave the other one alone? Any other...
  10. How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I extend C drive when Extend is grayed out?: Good afternoon everyone, I have two laptops that were purchased with this hard disk configuration. I would like to extend C: and include some or all of the D: Data drive. Is there any way to do this without losing data/applications in C? I don't have the option to...