Windows 10: Windows C partition got converted to RAW issue

Discus and support Windows C partition got converted to RAW issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All May be somebody can help me recover my bootable drive. I don't know if this M.2 SSD gong bad or not. All tests from Dell ran fine with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lepa71, Oct 12, 2017.

1. lepa71 Win User

Windows C partition got converted to RAW issue

Hi All

May be somebody can help me recover my bootable drive. I don't know if this M.2 SSD gong bad or not. All tests from Dell ran fine with no hardware issues. I have Dell M6800 with M.2 SSD and secondary 1tb regular drive. The system is using uefi in the BIOS. This system always had issues when I was trying to install Windows 10 on SSD, but after just having ssd in the system while installing OS and physically adding 2nd hard drive later worked. Today I rebooted the system and it wouldn't boot into Windows. It would go into trying to recover and diagnose problem, but eventually fail. I was able to get to recovery dos prompt and run diskpart. This is when I saw the c partition was shown as RAW instead of NTFS.

Q. Is there a way to convert/recover this drive or the only thin I can do is re-format and re-install OS?

Thanks

:)

lepa71, Oct 12, 2017
  2. ZenonSz Win User

CT512MX100SSD1 Drive is NOT accessible after Windows 10 update (1511)

Hi,

I have simillar issue. I installed windows 10 anniversary update on 22.09.2016 and after my laptop rebooted, D partition is raw. I have SSD Crucial MX100 256GB. C and D partitions, each 120GB. C partition is working fine but D is raw. Chkdsk cannot check
    it. I rolled back this update - still D partition is raw. I took out ssd and put in into usb case and connected to other computer - partition D is visible as raw. Ubuntu also doesn't see it.

This update cleared some file tables and now my D partition is gone.

Few months ago I changed C and D partitions sizes from 100GB and 140GB to 120GB and 120GB using easeus partition master. I think it created some small logical partition to have info about it. Maybe this is somehow related. Maybe this update cleared that
    tables?

Bottom line is that before windows 10 annivesary update my D partition was fine, and immediately after it, D partition is raw and cannot be accessed in any way. I don't want to format it to check if it is working but it's clearly not a hardware issue.

Do you have any recommendation for that before I will try to take it to data recovery center?

ZenonSz, Oct 12, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    error message

If you have not deleted the windows partition think I would go into windows and make myself a system image for backup then boot off your install media and delete both the windows partition and that first smaller partition. Install into that raw space.

That partition you have selected to install it into is only 200mb. Windows 10 install will make a 500mb 'system reserved' partition and use the balance of the raw space you made for the windows C drive install.

'Mike P, Oct 12, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Oct 12, 2017
  5. lepa71 Win User
    I was planning to use Kyhi's recovery tool. Is there a specific tool I should be looking for? I have read somewhere that easy partition can map it and could get the data out, but I would prefer to restore boot record if I could.

lepa71, Oct 12, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    I haven't done partition recovery with Kyhi's tools, so can't really advise which program to use/how to use it. I just know there is partition recovery software included. Hopefully the partition recovery software finds the backup partition record, and can simply restore the partitions from the backup record. If the data has not been overwritten on the drive, once the partition map is restored, the file allocation tables will reappear, and the files will be intact as if nothing happened.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows C partition got converted to RAW issue - Similar Threads - partition got converted

2. raw and ntfs partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    raw and ntfs partition: Had a disk partition that turned raw. Already read all the posts on converting raw partitions to ntfs partitions without formatting disk.Convert d: /fs:ntfs doesn't work returning message "d: is already ntfs". If I open disk management the partition d: is marked as raw, btw....
  3. raw partition not formatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    raw partition not formatting: i had an ransomeware attack it locked all my files . so i decided to install new window . when i tried to format or delete my hdd partition 2 the bsod appear and my partition became raw . the bsod showed kmode exception not handled plssssssss help as soonn as possible...
  4. Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation media converted my data to RAW Partition - need help: I downloaded Windows 10 installation media onto a USB drive which had some additional data on it from before. Installation media created a bootable drive, I was able to recover the damaged windows BUT it partitioned my USB drive data into a RAW partition that I now can see in...
  5. Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert RAW Filesystem into NTFS: So this is an interesting story. I have an USB-Stick with 64gb space on it. I so far only used it for readyboost because i didnt really find an other use for it. But today, i wanted to set up an virtual machine and needed the usb-stick. I realized i had an windows backup on...
  6. convert partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    convert partition: hi friend pleas can you tell me about convertion of primary partition to logical partition my pc Acer win 10 thank's https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-partition/33bcdf74-0eba-4720-b6c7-dd816ea6b34e
  7. Raw Partitions

Raw Partitions: Hi Everyone! A few days ago, I accidentally told the Ubuntu Installer to wipe my Windows 10 partition. I quit the installer, but my partition is now RAW. What is a RAW Partition? In Windows, partitions with an unknown filesystem (like my Ubuntu partition) are marked as...
  8. OEM partition got converted to RAW file system

OEM partition got converted to RAW file system: Hello everybody, I have a problem with my OEM partition and another one because they converted to RAW file system. As we can see in the photo below I have 2 RAW partitions, the second one is the important one because it is an OEM partition. How can I fix this? Or I should...
  9. Kde partition manager, resized and move C: raw now.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kde partition manager, resized and move C: raw now.: Hello, I have a samsung f3 of 500gb (465Gio) Windows 10 64 family I tryed to use kde partition manager to resize and move C: (ntfs partition 1 gpt) I did a move to the right it was about 328.98 Mb in size. and kept 0 at C partition end. Problem is i stopped process...
  10. System reserved partition got assigned c:\

in Windows 10 Support
    System reserved partition got assigned c:\: Hello, today i went ahead and turned my pc on. After a bit i noticed that the automatic repair is running, then i got option to restart pc which i did. It happened again and again. After a bit of troubleshooting i noticed that my c drive is now d and d is now e. I went ahead...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4512506 issue partition converted to raw