Windows 10: Windows Cache

Discus and support Windows Cache in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I has Windows in my SSD. I had to format the disk and I installed Windows on SSD. It works fine. But at the startup, it asks to choose between 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ahmed Aseel, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Windows Cache

Hi I has Windows in my SSD. I had to format the disk and I installed Windows on SSD. It works fine. But at the startup, it asks to choose between 3 operating systems. I have a OS in HDD and SSD. Since SSD was corrupted, I formatted it and made a fresh install. But it still shows a vacant Windows slot on which SSD was installed previously. How do I remove it? Thanks in advance

:)

Ahmed Aseel, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows Store Cache Problems (Windows 10)

Hi,

Corrupted Windows Store components are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try resetting Windows Store cache as the administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Type wsreset.exe in the search box.
    • Right-click wsreset, then select Run as Administrator.
    • Complete the process, then open Windows Store to test.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend following the suggested steps by
    SpiritX MS MVP
    on this thread. Follow the steps 1 to 4 and see if it helps.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    How do I repair Windows Store cache in Windows 10?

Hi Edgardo,

A corrupted Windows Store cache may cause problems when using the Store app. We suggest following these steps to reset the cache to its original state:

• Press the Windows key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type wsreset.exe and click OK.

The Store app will open automatically, as well as an empty command prompt window. Once the command prompt window closes on its own, that means the Store cache has been reset. Using this command doesn't affect any account settings or delete any installed
    apps.

Let us know if you're able to use the Store app properly after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Jan Del Win User

Windows Cache

Windows Store Broken - Windows Store cache may be damaged

Hi,

Since you already run wsreset.exe, We suggest clearing/deleting the local cache by following these steps:

• Run Command.
    • Click Users.
    • Select the username that you're using to login on the computer.
    • Click AppData.
    • Select Local.
    • Click on Packages.
    • Select on Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    • Click on LocalCache.
    • Delete all files and folders.
    • After you have deleted cache try to open Windows App Store again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Cache

1. Windows Cache - Similar Threads - Cache

2. How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?: Hi there,I haven't had a Windows PC for a number of years, I've been using Android smartphones as my go-to device for emails, web browsing, news, etc. I'm well versed in most things tech, however, I do not have anywhere near the skills of a full stack developer. I know how to...
  3. How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clear the cache of my installed apps in Windows 11?: Hi there,I haven't had a Windows PC for a number of years, I've been using Android smartphones as my go-to device for emails, web browsing, news, etc. I'm well versed in most things tech, however, I do not have anywhere near the skills of a full stack developer. I know how to...
  4. Cach thoát ra cái này

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cach thoát ra cái này: Cách thoát ra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cach-tho%C3%A1t-ra-c%C3%A1i-n%C3%A0y/b66b7b58-2707-4d3b-9075-88a063e14d79
  5. Cach thoát ra cái này

Cach thoát ra cái này: Cách thoát ra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cach-tho%C3%A1t-ra-c%C3%A1i-n%C3%A0y/b66b7b58-2707-4d3b-9075-88a063e14d79
  6. ghost chat feature / ghost cache feature ??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ghost chat feature / ghost cache feature ??: Recent windows 10 update. A pop-up for 'ghost chat' asking for Title and Please state your State or Province. I hit the X button on it. It's was not from ad download pop-up thinger. Norton can't find anything. Is this a new integration for twitch or something (closest thing...
  7. Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?

Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?: I have 128GB of RAM in my Windows 11 computer. Task Manager shows 15.8 to 16.4GB of it "cached". I've made the paging on the drives smaller, but can I reduce the amount that is "cached"?This is a screenshot from Task Manager....
  8. Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reduce the amount of memory "cached"?: I have 128GB of RAM in my Windows 11 computer. Task Manager shows 15.8 to 16.4GB of it "cached". I've made the paging on the drives smaller, but can I reduce the amount that is "cached"?This is a screenshot from Task Manager....
  9. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...
  10. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...