Windows 10: Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Discus and support Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by modified_life, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

i have tried a reset on app, uninstall and reinstall.

still not working

:)

modified_life, Oct 5, 2020
  2. G_Pandey Win User

Hi Microsoft Community,

I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users.

One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. Similar issue was observed on calculator HD+ app after installing it.

These are the following T/S steps I have performed so far.

OS - Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.295) Enterprise Edition ( upgraded from version 1809 )

-> Reset the calculator app and it did not work

-> Tried to uninstall the app manually, and then reinstall via Windows store however the issue persists.

-> Also Tried it from Power shell using Get-Appxpackage -Allusers | Select Name, PackageFullName and then Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage

-> Ran SFC/ scannow

-> Ran DISM scan online

-> Further tried to update windows to the latest version 1903 - issue still persists.

I, however, did not create a local user account since The machine is on Domain network.

Is there any registry fix or any hotfix that I can try?

What do you guys recommend?

Regards,

Gaurav

G_Pandey, Oct 5, 2020
  3. OldNavyGuy, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

I've had mixed results with Tweaking.com's Windows Repair All in One tool.

I would go forward with the DISM option, and failing that, move on to a repair install using an in-place upgrade.

Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

As I recall, you had the problem with the repair install/in-place upgrade before you rolled back to 1903.

OldNavyGuy, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. - Similar Threads - Calculator app does

2. Some programs and windows close immediately after launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some programs and windows close immediately after launching: Some programs such as Microsoft Edge, some games and windows close a few seconds after launching. Some programs that work are Firefox, Discord, Task Manager. Settings work normally, but i can not run troubleshooter, because it closes immediately after start, I can check...
  3. Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.: Roblox closes immediately after launching microsoft store app.I was able to download and launch Minecraft windows 10 app from the microsoft store app, so this seems to be related to Roblox only at this time.I tried the steps shown here:Roblox App Crashes upon Launching on...
  4. Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps Close Immediately After Launching: Windows Version Number: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.330) Recently I became annoyed with restrictive permissions in C:\Program Files. I changed the permissions for C:\ to only contain user Everyone with Full Control permissions. I changed the Owner in Advanced Permissions to...
  5. Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately

Stock calculator app opens and closes immediately: Upgraded to Windows 10 ver 2004 and now calculator is doesn't work. Microsoft support is suggesting to rollback to last version. WHAT, that's a fix. It's more of a copout.... Any suggestions, ideas. Asking the question shows that a lot of apps suffer from that....
  6. Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Calculator App Launches On Its Own: Hello, everyone. I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and I've been unable to find out why, or to make it stop. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903. So far, it seems to be connected...
  7. Command prompt closes immediately after launching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt closes immediately after launching: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ledgerthemain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/docmt1/command_prompt_closes_immediately_after_launching/
  8. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: Hi Microsoft Community, I really hope that you can provide a possible solution to my problem. I'm an employee working for an MNC and supporting internal users. One of my user has a problem with Windows calculator app. The Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes...
  9. Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.

Microsoft Sticky Notes launches and immediately closes.: Hey all. I'm having an issue with the official Microsoft Sticky Notes application - it's actually described in this locked thread here, but none of the fixes there worked for me and I suspect this remains an issue for most people. I've run the Windows Store Apps...
  10. Skype closes immediately after launching

Skype closes immediately after launching: Hi, I just asked Cortana to open Skype, so she did, and when Skype showed the loading it immediately closed itself. I don't really have too much information, other than this is a Windows 10 Home Version 1803 Build 17738.1000, according to the "About" tab in the settings....