Windows 10: Windows calculator needs a backspace button

Discus and support Windows calculator needs a backspace button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows calculator needs a backspace button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hao S, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Hao S Win User

Windows calculator needs a backspace button

:)

Hao S, Feb 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Calculator Buttons

Up Arrow has the same function as shift in the keyboard(notice the change in above rows ) and black arrow with X is for a backspace.

I don't think there is a guide on this,however I can help you out if you require any other query regarding buttons

Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Windows calculator needs a backspace button

Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows calculator needs a backspace button - Similar Threads - calculator needs backspace

2. backspace button is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace button is malfunctioning: my backspace button is deleting everything from the right side of the cursor whenever I try to press it. this usually happens in word, but not in browsers nor notepad. I noticed that this also occurred once while I was using outlook. please help. the on screen keyboard works...
  3. backspace button is malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backspace button is malfunctioning: my backspace button is deleting everything from the right side of the cursor whenever I try to press it. this usually happens in word, but not in browsers nor notepad. I noticed that this also occurred once while I was using outlook. please help. the on screen keyboard works...
  4. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  5. backspace button taking screenshots

backspace button taking screenshots: For some odd reason for my backspace takes screenshots and displays them on my desktop. I have to press SHIFT every single time with backspace now. usually, a restart works for the first couple of minutes but then it starts occurring again. my sticky, toggle, and filter keys...
  6. backspace button taking screenshots

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 - Office 365 - Backspace button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Office 365 - Backspace button: I have done something to my laptop where I can no longer hold down the backspace button to delete in multiples. I now have to hit it every time I want to go back/delete. Can anyone help?...
  8. Backspace button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backspace button: When I press the backspace button, anything on either side starts to delete as it would normally. So if I have to correct something and I press backspace it deletes a letter to the left and the right each time I press it...
  9. Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %

Calculator needs an extra step to calculate %: I have never had an issue up until today. When I open my calculator and try to figure out percentage it give me the decimal and not actual percentage unless I click enter twice. Not a huge deal but it wasn't always like that. What could have changed? For example normally...
  10. Need Old Calculator

Need Old Calculator: Howdy, I want to use the old calculator from Windows 8.1 in Windows 10. The new metro app is pretty slow and ugly, I think. I copied calc.exe from System32 and SysWOW64 folder of Windows 8.1 to my Windows 10 but it won't run. I searched the web for a whole day for a...