Windows 10: Windows Calculator Not Opening

Discus and support Windows Calculator Not Opening in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; The Calculator Splash screen will come up, then it immediately closes. That's it. I had previously Transferred the profile from an older computer to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mdoverl, Apr 4, 2019.

1. mdoverl Win User

Windows Calculator Not Opening

The Calculator Splash screen will come up, then it immediately closes. That's it.

I had previously Transferred the profile from an older computer to a newer computer using MizWig, I even backed up the AppData folder, I'm wondering if this is the source of the problems.

I'll cover what steps I've taken so far below.

1. First I reset the Calculator app.

2. I re-installed the Calculator app via PowerShell with

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsCalculator | Remove-AppxPackage

and

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsCalculator | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

3. I ran the windows store troubleshooter.

4. I reset Windows Store via Command Prompt with

WSreset.exe

5. I re-registered all Store apps via PowerShell with

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6. I reinstalled Windows Store via Powershell with

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Remove-AppxPackage

and

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *WindowsStore* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Calculator still would do the same thing, if anything, the Splash Screen seems to close faster now. So I signed onto the computer with a different profile, and what do you know, the calculator opens. So I decided to rebuild the profile.

7. I rebuild the offending profile and guess what, the Calculator app still closes on the splash screen.

I'm at a loss, so I've pasted the Application Fault log below to see if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version: 10.1812.1901.4008, time stamp: 0x5c304989

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.17763.379, time stamp: 0x1dcf1d23

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x0000000000708aa2

Faulting process id: 0x1254

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4df50ba6e5ed3

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1812.10048.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Calculator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: aee60d6d-c5b6-47b8-b92a-be1e74337be7

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1812.10048.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

:)

mdoverl, Apr 4, 2019

2. Calculator Will not Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Are you facing this issue with the built in calculator or the calculator app?
    If it is a built in Calculator I would suggest you to check if you can open and check the status.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type calc and hit Enter
      and check the status if its opening.
    I would also suggest you to try creating a new user account
    and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note:Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 4, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    CALCULATOR WILL NOT OPEN - WINDOWS 10

Hello Maxine,

There may be several reasons why the Calculator won't suddenly open. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there updates installed prior to this happening?
    • Have you checked the Windows Store if there are any available updates for Calculator?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Apr 4, 2019
  4. KenLong33 Win User

windows 10 calculator won't open

The Windows 10 Calculator simply doesnt open. It is still in the apps list and it appears when I use Windows logo key + R, but it doesnt open. Windows store lists it as Installed. It is impossible to simply remove and reinstall as it is part of a larger
    package. The only option seems to be to use a different calculator.

KenLong33, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Calculator Not Opening - Similar Threads - Calculator Opening

2. Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?: Why won't my Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thank *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes?: Why won't my Windows 10 Calculator Work it opens and then it Crashes. Does anyone know how to fix this?Thank *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open: Hi, for the past month or so, the store app, the calculator, the xbox apps and some settings screens just wont open. If I click on one of them it will show the opening screen and immediatley crash. I tried pretty much everything including factory reset, and all the Powershell...
  5. Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open

Micrsoft store, calculator, Xbox and others won't open: Hi, for the past month or so, the store app, the calculator, the xbox apps and some settings screens just wont open. If I click on one of them it will show the opening screen and immediatley crash. I tried pretty much everything including factory reset, and all the Powershell...
  6. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  7. Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening

Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE and apps such as Calculator, Notepad, Paint etc. not opening: I've wasted many hours googling for a Windows 11 problem which presented itself in the following form:Microsoft Store error 0x800706BE appearing when trying to update appsCouldn't open Notepad, Paint, Calculator and other basic Windows appsIn the Start Menu some Windows apps...
  8. When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator: I have a button on my Logitech keyboard that opens Calculator, but if I'm using Notepad, it won't open. I have to switch to something else in order for the button to open Calculator. Is there any way to fix this?...
  9. When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator

When using Notepad, keyboard button won't open Calculator: I have a button on my Logitech keyboard that opens Calculator, but if I'm using Notepad, it won't open. I have to switch to something else in order for the button to open Calculator. Is there any way to fix this?...
  10. I can't open my calculator, microsoft teams, snipping tool, and other apps on my dell computer.

I can't open my calculator, microsoft teams, snipping tool, and other apps on my dell computer.: I click the calculator, teams, snipping tool, and other apps on my laptop, and they do not open. I don't understand why. Even on the start menu, they have little gray lines under them instead of the application name. Can anyone provide some guidance on this??...