Windows 10: Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic

Discus and support Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a PC with Windows 10. I use the built-in Mail and Calendar apps. The calendar app is synced with my iCloud calendars that I use on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JordanInsoll, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic

Hi,

I am using a PC with Windows 10. I use the built-in Mail and Calendar apps.

The calendar app is synced with my iCloud calendars that I use on my iphone and ipad. It was sent up using the standard method of adding the iCloud account into the Calendar app then using the one-time generated password in iCloud.

The problem is:

When using the calendar app, it will regularly add-in events I have recently deleted or change events and dates that I have recently changed back to their previous date. This is despite the fact that I click 'sync' after every change I make.

For example:

I have an event on Friday at 7am that I want to move to 8am.

I have an event on Saturday I want to delete entirely.

I move the Friday event from 7am to 8am.

I click 'sync'

I wait for it to finish (approx. 2 seconds)

I delete the Saturday event

I click 'sync'

I wait for it to finish (approx. 2 seconds)

I presume everything is now updated and all good and continue going about updating my calendar. Within a short time frame (anywhere from 2 seconds to 2 minutes) the following will happen:

The event on Friday either moves back to 7am, or a duplicate event appears at 7am so I now have 2 of the same event, one at 7am and one at 8am.

The event on Saturday reappears in its entirety.

Why is this happening?

Do I need to press sync after every change. I would prefer not to as its inconveinient and I feel like I shouldnt have to but do to avoid problems, but the problems happen anyway?

How can this be fixed and work properly?

Is there anything I am doing wrong here. I feel like I am using the apps and the system properly and doing everything as it should be done?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide to get this operating properly.

Update:

I have just noticed that when I delete the events from the Calendar using Calendar app on Windows, the events are still showing on my Calendar on my iPhone.

I can only assume that when I delete them from the Calendar on Windows, it is not actually deleting them from the iCloud calendar (as they are still showing on my phone) and therefore a short time later the Windows calendar 'updates' and adds the events back in because they are still on the Calendar.

Why is the Windows Calendar app not successfully updating the iCloud calendar automatically?

Why is the Windows Calendar app not updating the iCloud calendar even after I press 'sync' after every change?

:)

JordanInsoll, Nov 7, 2018

2. iCloud calendar will not show calendar and categories in Windows 10 mail app.

Hello,

If it's a Calendar app, we suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Login to your Apple ID and password.
    • Choose ‘Calendar‘, click on the ‘WiFi’-like Logo next to the calendar you want to see in Windows 10 calendar app.
    • Choose ‘Public Calendar‘ and send copy the link.
    • Next, login to your outlook.com account, go to ‘Calendar‘ in the PC website view, click on ‘Import‘, then on ‘Subscribe‘, choose a calendar name, paste the iCloud calendar link and click ‘Subscribe‘.
    • Now the iCloud calendar subscription is processing and after a short while you can see your iCloud calendar apps on outlook.com.
    • For checking correct syncing, go to the settings wheel on the right upper corner, click on ‘Options‘ and then on the name of the iCloud calendar subscription you gave in step 4. Under ‘Last Refresh‘, you can see
      the refresh period and the number of correctly synced events.
    • Open Windows 10 calendar app. If you’ve already set up your outlook.com account, you will see the iCloud calendar subscription in ‘read-only’ mode.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Problems syncing iCloud Calendar with Windows 10 Calendar

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Login to your Apple ID and password.

• Choose ‘Calendar‘, click on the ‘WiFi’-like Logo next to the calendar you want to see in Windows 10 calendar app.

• Choose ‘Public Calendar‘ and send copy the link.

• Next, login to your outlook.com account, go to ‘Calendar‘ in the PC website view, click on ‘Import‘, then on ‘Subscribe‘, choose a calendar name, paste the iCloud calendar link
      and click ‘Subscribe‘.

• Now the iCloud calendar subscription is processing and after a short while you can see your iCloud calendar apps on outlook.com.

• For checking correct syncing, go to the settings wheel on the right upper corner, click on ‘Options‘ and then on the name of the iCloud calendar subscription you gave in step 4. Under ‘Last Refresh‘,
      you can see the refresh period and the number of correctly synced events.

• Open Windows 10 calendar app. If you’ve already set up your outlook.com account, you will see the iCloud calendar subscription in ‘read-only’ mode.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic

Calendar App in Windows 10 PC Not Showing my iCloud Calendar Since I put in the wrong Information for iCloud

Hi,

How is your iCloud set up?

We suggest you to reset your calendar application and re-add the account, check if it resolves the issue. To reset calendar, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I.
    • Click System.
    • On the left pane, click Apps and features.
    • Click on Calendar then click Reset.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic

1. Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic - Similar Threads - calendar app using

2. Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app: Hey yall,I have recently gotten a windows laptop for school. I have connected my icloud to my pc in the accounts section of the settings.I did the whole 2-step verification thing where I get a password for a third-party account from apple. This only worked for the email...
  3. Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icloud calendar now showing up in calendar app: Hey yall,I have recently gotten a windows laptop for school. I have connected my icloud to my pc in the accounts section of the settings.I did the whole 2-step verification thing where I get a password for a third-party account from apple. This only worked for the email...
  4. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  5. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  6. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  7. iCloud calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar

iCloud calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar: Hi, I currently use Windows Calendar (because for the life of me I can't get icloud to sync with Outlook) and my icloud calendars appear on the left side tool bar and I can set up meetings in the app from the icloud account - which then sync with my apple devices - but none...
  8. iCloud calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud calendar: I have a problem with the iCloud calendar. It isn’t showing most of scheduled events. I use this feature on my computer and on the iPhone and checked it using different computers with the same result. I noticed this problem a few months ago and since that moment I’ve tried...
  9. iCloud calendar on MS Calendar App

iCloud calendar on MS Calendar App: I synced my iCloud calendar to the MS Calendar app. I tried many times to change the color of my appointments to blue, but every time I minimize the calendar and then pull it back up the appointments come up green....
  10. iCloud calendar on MS Calendar App

iCloud calendar on MS Calendar App: I synced my iCloud calendar to the MS Calendar app. I tried many times to change the color of my appointments to blue, but every time I minimize the calendar and then pull it back up the appointments come up green....