Windows 10: Windows Calendar keeps asking to "fix" my Google account credentials, when I do, sync stops...

Discus and support Windows Calendar keeps asking to "fix" my Google account credentials, when I do, sync stops... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Over the past few days, Windows 10 Mail and Calendar have asked me to "fix" the credentials on my Google account. When I "fix" them, everything stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by R. Hansen_690, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Windows Calendar keeps asking to "fix" my Google account credentials, when I do, sync stops...

Over the past few days, Windows 10 Mail and Calendar have asked me to "fix" the credentials on my Google account. When I "fix" them, everything stops working. Mail, Calendar, and People will not sync. Calendar won't even show my previous items.

As a troubleshooting step, I removed the Google account, uninstalled and reinstalled Mail and Calendar, re-added the account and waited for it to sync. Mail and People synced immediately and perfectly. Calendar took a day before my Google account even showed up in the app, but it did eventually sync.

I also tried installing Mail and Calendar in a fresh account. Same problems. Same problems in my Admin account, too. Three accounts -- two standard and one admin -- same problem.

Today, it is asking me to "fix" my account credentials again. I know this is wrong because I just added those credentials yesterday during the troubleshooting process. I tried doing the "fix" again, yesterday, and it wiped out my account sync again, so I know the credentials are current. They're a day old. I just added them.

I needed to do the whole uninstall/reinstall Mail and Calendar and then re-add the account process. It is still telling me to "fix" my account regularly, twice today. I "dismiss" this warning and everything continues to work as before. Removing the account and choosing to "Reset" the app does not work. It needs to be reinstalled for the procedure to work.

So what is going on with this account "fix?" Doing so breaks my Google account on Windows 10. Dismissing it doesn't seem to affect anything. Is this a known bug with the app? Is there some kind of problem at Google? Why did it start doing this this month?

It's not a problem with Google's servers. I have Thunderbird syncing Gmail and Google Calendar as well, using Oauth2 like Mail and Calendar, and it has no trouble with it at all.

Windows 10 x64, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.476), Mail and Calendar version 16005.12026.20368.0.

Please do not ask me to "refresh" my machine. It has nothing to do with corrupted OS files as I have run SFC /scannow and repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

:)

R. Hansen_690, Nov 19, 2019
  2. s427 Win User

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

3. Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Windows Calendar keeps asking to "fix" my Google account credentials, when I do, sync stops...

Google Calendar sync issues

Hello andrewm7RJ 27, I am Andrew an independent advisor, I'd like to help sync your calendars. To start type Calendar in the search bar to open the Calendar app,

Do you see your Gmail account listed on the left?

Click the gear icon to open settings way down on the bottom of that list.

Select Manage Accounts, then your google account

Now click to manage sync settings.

From here you can change how often you sync the google calendar. I go with 1 hour personally.

A bit down you can select which things to sync, Calendar, Mail ect. Make sure Calendar is ticked on.

Now in the unlikely event your Google account isn't listed you can add it from the Manage Accounts page of the Calendar app.

Try these steps and let us know it worked or not.

Take Care,

Andrew

AndrewWay1, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Calendar keeps asking to "fix" my Google account credentials, when I do, sync stops...

1. Windows Calendar keeps asking to "fix" my Google account credentials, when I do, sync stops... - Similar Threads - Calendar keeps asking

2. Windows calendar Google calendar sync: Google calendar disappears, all appointments gone.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows calendar Google calendar sync: Google calendar disappears, all appointments gone.: I have my Google account set up on Windows Calendar and all was working fine until I got a message saying I needed to fix my Google calendar. I followed instructions and had to sign in to Google and allow access which I did. Then my Google calendar was completely wiped from...
  3. Windows Calendar not syncing with Google anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calendar not syncing with Google anymore: Has anyone been having trouble lately with the Windows Calendar App not syncing with Google? I use Mail/Calendar/People synced up to my Gmail account and have had no problem with it for ages. The last few days, Mail started showing a message that my IMAP settings are...
  4. Windows Calendar not syncing with Google anymore

Windows Calendar not syncing with Google anymore: Has anyone been having trouble lately with the Windows Calendar App not syncing with Google? I use Mail/Calendar/People synced up to my Gmail account and have had no problem with it for ages. The last few days, Mail started showing a message that my IMAP settings are...
  5. Google Calendar sync issues

Google Calendar sync issues: I'm having persistent problems with Google Calendar - I use it primarily on my android smartphone, but also occasionally need to refer to it on my windows 10 pc. The two devices are hardly ever synced to each other. I somehow managed to sync the two about a month ago, but now...
  6. still can't sync Google Calendar and Calendar app

still can't sync Google Calendar and Calendar app: I have added my Gmail account to the Calendar app on my PC, but some events still do not sync. I can't figure out why not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-cant-sync-google-calendar-and-calendar-app/684c7b98-58b9-4cc4-bbdc-7ea7fe3cfbd1
  7. Windows 10 mail keeps asking to fix account

Windows 10 mail keeps asking to fix account: For 3 days now each time I try access my Outlook account via Windows 10 this is the message I am getting. I know that my password is correct but even though I say fix the account the following day I get the same message....
  8. WebDAV keeps asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WebDAV keeps asking for credentials: Hi, Some of my clients have slightly different issues about WebDAV connections. Some of them are prompted on each file (essentially PDFs and MS Office files), some of them on first connection, some of them only with PDFs. The connection is of course saved in the Windows...
  9. A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    A way to sync an Outlook calendar with Google Calendar?: Hi! My work recently switched from Google Calendar to Outlook, and the whole process has been a bit confusing for me. I still primarily use Google services for just about everything and I'd ideally like to keep it that way. Is there a way to have all my Outlook events show...
  10. how do I sync windows 10 calendar with google calendar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I sync windows 10 calendar with google calendar?: Hi, Have been trying for a while to sync windows 10 calendar on my laptop with windows 10 calendar on my wife's laptop. No luck so far. I have linked both individual windows 10 calendars with our individual google calendars, and events transfer successfully from both...