Windows 10: Windows Calendar only partially syncing with iCloud

Discus and support Windows Calendar only partially syncing with iCloud in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm running Windows 10 20H2 (19042.630). I have Windows Calendar set up to sync my iCloud calendars using its built-in iCloud support (not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sidewaze, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Windows Calendar only partially syncing with iCloud

Hi there,

I'm running Windows 10 20H2 (19042.630).

I have Windows Calendar set up to sync my iCloud calendars using its built-in iCloud support (not the separate iCloud syncing tools provided by Apple)

It sort-of works, but I'm noticing two things:

1. Events deleted from iCloud remain on the Windows machine

2. Events added on the Windows machine do not propagate to iCloud

I logged in to icloud.com and confirmed that everything is in the correct state there. It's just the Windows machine that is not syncing properly.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose this? Thanks

Edit: The Windows Calendar account is set to refresh every 15 minutes

Edit 2: If I try to edit an event that was created on the Windows side, a banner appears that reads "Something went wrong and we weren't able to save your recent edits." Unfortunately not very useful for diagnosing.

submitted by /u/sidewaze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sidewaze, Dec 22, 2020

2. Problems syncing iCloud Calendar with Windows 10 Calendar

Hi Rick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Login to your Apple ID and password.

• Choose ‘Calendar‘, click on the ‘WiFi’-like Logo next to the calendar you want to see in Windows 10 calendar app.

• Choose ‘Public Calendar‘ and send copy the link.

• Next, login to your outlook.com account, go to ‘Calendar‘ in the PC website view, click on ‘Import‘, then on ‘Subscribe‘, choose a calendar name, paste the iCloud calendar link
      and click ‘Subscribe‘.

• Now the iCloud calendar subscription is processing and after a short while you can see your iCloud calendar apps on outlook.com.

• For checking correct syncing, go to the settings wheel on the right upper corner, click on ‘Options‘ and then on the name of the iCloud calendar subscription you gave in step 4. Under ‘Last Refresh‘,
      you can see the refresh period and the number of correctly synced events.

• Open Windows 10 calendar app. If you’ve already set up your outlook.com account, you will see the iCloud calendar subscription in ‘read-only’ mode.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 22, 2020
  3. iCloud calendar will not show calendar and categories in Windows 10 mail app.

Hello,

If it's a Calendar app, we suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

• Login to your Apple ID and password.
    • Choose ‘Calendar‘, click on the ‘WiFi’-like Logo next to the calendar you want to see in Windows 10 calendar app.
    • Choose ‘Public Calendar‘ and send copy the link.
    • Next, login to your outlook.com account, go to ‘Calendar‘ in the PC website view, click on ‘Import‘, then on ‘Subscribe‘, choose a calendar name, paste the iCloud calendar link and click ‘Subscribe‘.
    • Now the iCloud calendar subscription is processing and after a short while you can see your iCloud calendar apps on outlook.com.
    • For checking correct syncing, go to the settings wheel on the right upper corner, click on ‘Options‘ and then on the name of the iCloud calendar subscription you gave in step 4. Under ‘Last Refresh‘, you can see
      the refresh period and the number of correctly synced events.
    • Open Windows 10 calendar app. If you’ve already set up your outlook.com account, you will see the iCloud calendar subscription in ‘read-only’ mode.
    Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 22, 2020
  4. skcusime Win User

Windows Calendar only partially syncing with iCloud

Creators upgrade and CodeTwo Sync for iCloud

My upgrade went smoothly, but Office Outlook 2007 would not open, citing Code Two as the culprit. Code Two is an Outlook add-in that syncs Outlook calendars, contacts etc with iCloud calendars, contacts etc.
    With Code two uninstalled, Outlook works fine, as does iCloud for windows.
    I've tried all suggested fixes on the code two website, but have had no success in getting the calendars to sync.
    Has anyone been able to get them to play together?

skcusime, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Calendar only partially syncing with iCloud

1. Windows Calendar only partially syncing with iCloud - Similar Threads - Calendar partially syncing

2. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  3. Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync iCloud calendar to the default Windows calendar app: I'm currently trying to sync my calendar I have setup on my phone to my Windows 10 machine. Currently, I have the iCloud app installed and syncing, but it wants to sync to Outlook because I have Office 365 installed that I need for work. I tried adding the iCloud account...
  4. Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 calendar and icloud: iCloud not syncing.: Hi. I've managed to add my iCloud calendar account to the Windows 10 mail/calendar app. The only problem i'm having is that when I edit/add a calendar event directly into the Windows 10 Calendar app, this new entry isn't getting reflected on my iCloud account (e.g. on my...
  5. Syncing iCloud with Outlook and Calendar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Syncing iCloud with Outlook and Calendar: Hi, I’m trying to sync iCloud with W10 but with no success, I generated the password but it still doesn’t work. I also have the iCloud app installed and functional on the pc but for some reason doesn’t sync with mail or calendar. And as I said I went on my Apple ID and...
  6. iCloud calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar

iCloud calendar not syncing with Windows Calendar: Hi, I currently use Windows Calendar (because for the life of me I can't get icloud to sync with Outlook) and my icloud calendars appear on the left side tool bar and I can set up meetings in the app from the icloud account - which then sync with my apple devices - but none...
  7. Windows 10 Calendar not syncing all icloud calendars

Windows 10 Calendar not syncing all icloud calendars: My iCloud calendars used to show up in the Calendar app, but now only one does. I have a few icloud calendars, one of which is a shared calendar with my partner and until last week all calendars were visible in the Calendar app on my desktop, but now only one is, not the...
  8. W10 Calendar syncs only partially with iCloud calendar

W10 Calendar syncs only partially with iCloud calendar: I use iCloud for my calendar and contacts, and sync the Windows 10 calendar to iCloud. This allows me to see my calendar in the Windows 10 calendar widget, in Outlook (uses my iCloud calendar), or on my iPhone. I have app-specific passwords for Outlook and Windows 10...
  9. Sync Windows 10 Calendar with iCloud?

Sync Windows 10 Calendar with iCloud?: I have Windows 10 Home. I'm using the Microsoft Calendar app. Is it possible to sync my calendar entries from my iPhone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-windows-10-calendar-with-icloud/ce50bb95-f201-4458-ad78-abcc4300e275
  10. Windows 10 calendar won't sync with Icloud calendar.

Windows 10 calendar won't sync with Icloud calendar.: I have Windows 10 but the calendar will not sync with my iphone calendar. It keeps saying fix account. But the password is correct. Still will not sync. I have the People App, but it's useless and will not sync my contacts with my iphone either. Please Help?? Moved from:...