Windows 10: Windows Calendar search not working

Discus and support Windows Calendar search not working in Cortana to solve the problem; The search facility within my Windows 10 Calendar app has stopped working. When I type something into the search box and click the magnifying glass it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RichardNB, Mar 14, 2021.

1. RichardNB Win User

Windows Calendar search not working

The search facility within my Windows 10 Calendar app has stopped working. When I type something into the search box and click the magnifying glass it returns two messages. Immediately beneath the search box the message states <Cannot search the account "Microsoft account"> and lower down on the left the second message states <That didn't work. Please try again in a moment>.

If I uncheck the Calendar box named "Microsoft account" then the first message disappears as I expected it would, but the second message remains.

Because I don't search my Calendar every day I'm not certain when the fault began, but I first noticed it about two weeks ago.

My Calendar app is up to date.

Any suggestions, please?

:)

RichardNB, Mar 14, 2021

2. Event portion in calendar doesnot work.

Hello,

So this helped us to understand that the issue is with in the Calendar app. So let's proceed with further troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run Windows Store Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Store troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search window and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Store troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2:

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Calendar app may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these app working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell
      as administrator. Type PowerShell in the search box, right click on it and select
      run as administrator.

• Run the command get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

• Re-install Calendar from Windows Store.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 14, 2021
  3. vox2017 Win User
    mail and calendar not working windows 10

THIS WILL NOT WORK.

vox2017, Mar 14, 2021
  4. Windows Calendar search not working

Windows 10 calendar at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key.
    • In start menu.
    • Search for calendar.
    • And right click on the app.
    • Click on Pin to start option.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows Calendar search not working

1. Windows Calendar search not working - Similar Threads - Calendar search working

2. My search bar and calendar aren't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar and calendar aren't working.: Calendar won't open and Search bar won't let me type anything.- Recently trying to open the calendar in the bottom right corner will not stay open longer than a couple of seconds, when I go to the search bar to open an app, after I start typing it goes away. I have...
  3. Calendar, Mail and Search not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar, Mail and Search not working: Some Windows functions are not working. So far I have noticed:Mail: the app opens and displays the list of emails, but when I click one, it freezes for some seconds and then it crashes.Calendar: quen I click on the time/date on the bottom right of the screen, the calendar...
  4. Calendar, Mail and Search not working

Calendar, Mail and Search not working: Some Windows functions are not working. So far I have noticed:Mail: the app opens and displays the list of emails, but when I click one, it freezes for some seconds and then it crashes.Calendar: quen I click on the time/date on the bottom right of the screen, the calendar...
  5. No Search bar in windows calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Search bar in windows calendar: Hi,I cannot see the search bar in the windows calendar app. I tried repairing and resetting. No use.App version: 16005.14326.20970.0I have seen other posts but no one seems to have solved itThanks and Regards...
  6. No Search bar in windows calendar

No Search bar in windows calendar: Hi,I cannot see the search bar in the windows calendar app. I tried repairing and resetting. No use.App version: 16005.14326.20970.0I have seen other posts but no one seems to have solved itThanks and Regards...
  7. Search and Calendar simply refuse to work

in Cortana
    Search and Calendar simply refuse to work: My current information:Edition: Windows 10 ProVersion: 21H1OS: 19043.1081Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0I literally cannot type in search, nor can I open the Windows Calendar in the bottom right of the taskbar and it drives me insane. It all...
  8. Calendar search

Calendar search: I have been using Windows Calendar not the Calendar in Outlook, but the Windows app for years and find the search facility really useful. But a week ago the search stopped working. If I enter a word in the search box and hit return, no results are displayed and I get the...
  9. Windows 10 Calendar App Search not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Calendar App Search not working: As the title suggest search stopped working on my win 10 calendar app. When I try and search in the results area it says "That did not work. Please try again in a moment." Is anyone else having this problem or does anyone have a suggested fix. Note I have tried this on a...
  10. Search bar on desktop calendar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar on desktop calendar doesn't work: I’ve been unable to use the search bar on the calendar on my Windows 10 desktop (I don’t have issues with the search bar on my Android though). The search bar is there, but it always says that it can’t find any events or reminders, even though I see the event right there when...