Windows 10: Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL

Discus and support Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to use a Windows Surface or laptop to scan barcodes 2d for a manufacturing application. Using the Camera app on Win11 you can select the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoelM2112, Jun 14, 2022.

1. JoelM2112 Win User

Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL

Hi,I am trying to use a Windows Surface or laptop to scan barcodes 2d for a manufacturing application. Using the Camera app on Win11 you can select the barcode scanning function and it will present a clickable link if the barcode has a URL. What is really strange is that it will open Internet URLs just fine when you click / touch the link, but will not open intranet URLs. I have printed barcode URLs to scan with the full host name, IP address, http and https links, it just does nothing. Using Process Monitor to look for Edge to launch thinking it was opening too quickly and shutting down to

:)

JoelM2112, Jun 14, 2022

2. How to disable code pairing password for keyboard input (barcode scanner)

Hi Sebastian,

To help you better, please answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of the Barcode Scanner?

The reason your Barcode scanner is being recognized as a Keyboard could be because the Barcode scanner would not have a compatible firmware to recognize the device in Windows 10. I suggest you to check if the Barcode scanner is compatible with Windows
    10 and you may contact the manufacturer support if the device is not compatible.

Let us know if you have further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Jun 14, 2022
  3. Entegy Win User
    Barcode Scanner

Weight Watchers needs to make a Windows Phone version of their app. And it seems that they only have some sort of members-only

calculator app
    in the marketplace. The permissions don't ask to use the camera, so this app has no barcode scanner.

Entegy, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Mala_S Win User

Bluetooth barcode scanner not recording data on windows 10

Hello wazeight,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Moderator.

1. What is the make and model of your computer and the barcode scanner?
    2. Do you read any error code/message in the software regarding the issue?

A Bluetooth connected scanner must be configured in Serial Port Protocol - Simple Serial Interface (SPP-SSI)
    mode to work with the UWP Barcode Scanner APIs. Please refer to your barcode scanner documentation or contact your barcode scanner manufacturer for instructions to enable the SPP-SSI mode. Also, you may refer to the following article to know the list
    of compatible devices -
    Supported Point of Service Peripherals

However, you may want to refer to an article on
    Fix Bluetooth problems
    for further troubleshooting steps and see if it helps you in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL - Similar Threads - Camera Barcode Scanner

2. Camera app barcode scanner not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera app barcode scanner not working: I have a QR code on a piece of paper. I open the Windows 11 Camera app and select "scan barcode." I hold the code up to the camera. And no sign of life from the camera. I saw an instructional video that showed the URL should show up in the app, but not in my case....
  3. Camera app barcode scanner not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app barcode scanner not working: I have a QR code on a piece of paper. I open the Windows 11 Camera app and select "scan barcode." I hold the code up to the camera. And no sign of life from the camera. I saw an instructional video that showed the URL should show up in the app, but not in my case....
  4. Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner: I need help, I'm trying to hook up my Wasp WPA1200 barcode scanner which runs on Windows Mobile to my Windows 10 laptop. I've got them connected via ActiveSync but I can't seem to transmit scanned barcodes from my scanner to laptop. I want to use this scanner to scan barcodes...
  5. Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner

Wasp WPA1200 Barcode Scanner: I need help, I'm trying to hook up my Wasp WPA1200 barcode scanner which runs on Windows Mobile to my Windows 10 laptop. I've got them connected via ActiveSync but I can't seem to transmit scanned barcodes from my scanner to laptop. I want to use this scanner to scan barcodes...
  6. Barcode option in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Barcode option in Camera app: I heard there is a new feature in WINDOWS camera application called 'BarCode'I can't wait to have this feature into my camera application. Someone on YouTube says he can use it without installing any third part application....
  7. Barcode option in Camera app

Barcode option in Camera app: I heard there is a new feature in WINDOWS camera application called 'BarCode'I can't wait to have this feature into my camera application. Someone on YouTube says he can use it without installing any third part application....
  8. Barcode option in Camera app

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL

Windows Camera and Barcode Scanner apps will not open an intranet URL: Hi,I am trying to use a Windows Surface or laptop to scan barcodes 2d for a manufacturing application. Using the Camera app on Win11 you can select the barcode scanning function and it will present a clickable link if the barcode has a URL. What is really strange is that it...
  10. messanging app for intranet

messanging app for intranet: Any messaging app you can suggest me to use on intranet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/messanging-app-for-intranet/c10f39d1-85ce-46d6-a4d2-5e9fa343ebf6