Windows 10: Windows Camera app not recording sound

Discus and support Windows Camera app not recording sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricecrispies, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Windows Camera app not recording sound

I have been trying to record video using the Windows Camera app (Windows version 1909), but no sound gets recorded. The default audio input device is the microphone in my webcam, and the audio preferences for Camera are set to default. I was able to use the same setup yesterday to have a Skype conversation with audio capture. I have tried replaying the video recorded in the Camera app in VLC, but there is no sound there either, so the problem is definitely with recording rather than playback. Why doesn't the Camera app record sound?

:)

ricecrispies, Mar 7, 2020

2. Sound Recorder isn't Working!

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To guide you In right direction we want to know:

-Are you using voice recorder or any other app to do so?

I would suggest you to try these methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Please run Recording Run Troubleshooter.

You may try to run the in-built Windows Recording Audio troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on Windows Recording Audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.

This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows.

I also suggest you to install the latest driver for Mic from the manufacturer’s website.

I also request you to refer the following link:

Sound Recorder app for Windows: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sound-recorder-app-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 7, 2020
  3. Akika92 Win User
    No sound when recording video from Camera App

I'm using windows 10 and when recording a video with the Camera App i'm getting no sound. I've had sound with previous recorded videos. I'm not 100% sure but since updating to Windows 10 i've not had sound with recorded videos.

Akika92, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Windows Camera app not recording sound

Sound and camera

Hi Riel,

Troubleshooter did not fix the problem. Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Jose

Jose L. Gil, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows Camera app not recording sound

1. Windows Camera app not recording sound - Similar Threads - Camera app recording

2. Microsost Sound Recorder App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsost Sound Recorder App: Hi,I have an issue with my Sound Recorder App.The date and time displayed on the recording file is a language other than English/ unrecognizable.My system setting is configured to English....
  3. Windows 10 Camera App will not record

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Camera App will not record: Exact description on what is occurring:1. I have my web cam plugged in.2. I open up the camera app3. A video feed is showing the camera works4. I can take pictures5. However, when I hit the record button a. I hear the bleep noise, b. The video immediately stops and the feed...
  4. Windows 10 Camera App will not record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera App will not record: Exact description on what is occurring:1. I have my web cam plugged in.2. I open up the camera app3. A video feed is showing the camera works4. I can take pictures5. However, when I hit the record button a. I hear the bleep noise, b. The video immediately stops and the feed...
  5. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  6. Problem with recording sound in Camera app

Problem with recording sound in Camera app: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, NOW when I play the video back there is no sound. Previously, I wrote in saying that I could record video and listen with headphones, but the sound only was coming out from one side not both. I put the link in...
  7. Camera app sound recording issue

Camera app sound recording issue: I have no trouble recording video with my camera app - however, when I play the video back and listen with headphones, the sounds only comes from one side not both. How can I fix this VERY annoying problem since folks listening to my videos can also only hear the sound...
  8. Windows Camera app not recording sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Camera app not recording sound: I'm trying to record myself on the Windows Camera App for a school project, but no sound is coming out when I play it back. I've tried troubleshooting, adjusting the microphone settings, and checking if the app has microphone access, but nothing is working. HELP! submitted...
  9. Microsoft Windows 10 - Camera app not recording any sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Windows 10 - Camera app not recording any sound: Hi there, I have been trying to record a video using my 'Camera' app on my computer however there is no sound. I have checked settings and microphone is switched on. All volume settings are set to high. Other apps for video calling, the microphone works ok - It's...
  10. Sound-recording-app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sound-recording-app: Hello all: The old versions of MS Windows, such as Windows2000, has an app to be used for sound-recording. Does the Window10 also have the sound-recording-app? where?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 no sound on camera app

2. The camera app not recording sound

3. no sound when recorking with camera app