Windows 10: Windows camera App Version 2019.124.50.0 - not working with external programs

Discus and support Windows camera App Version 2019.124.50.0 - not working with external programs in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; We have an UWP app the uses the Windows 10 Camera App. The app launches the camera and when the picture is taken the picture is returned to the app.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SJ_DK, Apr 3, 2019.

1. SJ_DK Win User

Windows camera App Version 2019.124.50.0 - not working with external programs

We have an UWP app the uses the Windows 10 Camera App. The app launches the camera and when the picture is taken the picture is returned to the app.

But one of our many users has suddenly got a new version of the camera app: 2019.124.50.0 (all other users have version 2018.825.120.0). Windows version is 1809, 17763.379 for all users.

When camera app (2019.124.50.0) is launched from the app - the camera app starts up - but when picture is taken - camera app "blanks" the app screen - and it's not possible to return the picture to the app.

Questions:

Why has one of our uses an app version that does not official exist? It can't be removed and a total reinstall of W10 gives the same app version.

When will the 2019.124.50.0 be public available and will the above mentioned error be fixed before final release of the camera app to all users?

:)

SJ_DK, Apr 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Almighty1 Win User
    Windows Camera app no longer works

On my ASUS G74SX-3DE Notebook, Windows Camera no longer works after the app update(s) recently.

It would start up with:

Windows camera App Version 2019.124.50.0 - not working with external programs [​IMG]

I have no idea who makes the camera for the device and ASUS doesn't provide Windows 10 drivers except the camera works fine with other apps.

Windows installs a driver with the device listed as:
    USB2.0 UVC 1M WebCam
    in device manager with driver version 10.0.10240.16384 and the date

USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&MI_00
    USB\VID_13D3&PID_5134&REV_0725&MI_00

is the device ID's

Almighty1, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Windows camera App Version 2019.124.50.0 - not working with external programs

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows camera App Version 2019.124.50.0 - not working with external programs

1. Windows camera App Version 2019.124.50.0 - not working with external programs - Similar Threads - camera App Version

2. external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app: I cannot use my external camera on Chrome, yesterday I contacted support and she made me reset Windows but it didn't work at all, everything is updated and the camera still doesn't work. This issue occurred about 2 weeks ago until then my external camera was working fine. I...
  3. external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external camera doesn't work on web, it works fine on the camera app: I cannot use my external camera on Chrome, yesterday I contacted support and she made me reset Windows but it didn't work at all, everything is updated and the camera still doesn't work. This issue occurred about 2 weeks ago until then my external camera was working fine. I...
  4. External and Internal Cameras Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External and Internal Cameras Not Working: Hello. I updated to Windows 11 last year and the integrated camera has not worked since then. I've done all the recommendations suggested online check for updated drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled camera driver. I tried the camera key on my laptop Lenovo. I even bought an...
  5. External and Internal Cameras Not Working

External and Internal Cameras Not Working: Hello. I updated to Windows 11 last year and the integrated camera has not worked since then. I've done all the recommendations suggested online check for updated drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled camera driver. I tried the camera key on my laptop Lenovo. I even bought an...
  6. [WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50: Hi, my name is Levin and i use Windows 11 Pro x64 with license.My PC components:1. Motherboard - ASRock B660M Pro RS2. CPU - Intel Raptor Lake, Core i5 13600KF 3.5GHz box3. GPU - PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 Figher 8GB GDDR6 128-bit4. RAM - ADATA XPG Gammix D10 16GB DDR4 3200MHz...
  7. [WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50

[WINDOWS 11] BSOD Code 139 , 124 and 50: Hi, my name is Levin and i use Windows 11 Pro x64 with license.My PC components:1. Motherboard - ASRock B660M Pro RS2. CPU - Intel Raptor Lake, Core i5 13600KF 3.5GHz box3. GPU - PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 Figher 8GB GDDR6 128-bit4. RAM - ADATA XPG Gammix D10 16GB DDR4 3200MHz...
  8. External cameras stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External cameras stopped working: Hello everyone, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10. I had been using an external camera for years with no problem. A little over a month ago, the camera stopped working. I thought it was the camera, so I brought a brand new one. The brand new camera Logitech doesn't...
  9. Camera App is crashing 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera App is crashing 2019: This question has been asked before but I am still having this issue and it is 2019 not 2015 or however long ago this question was asked. I tried to reinstall the driver and update my software. I moved the Camera Roll folder to see if that would help. I tried to delete the...
  10. windows camera app is not working.

windows camera app is not working.: Whenever i open the app my screen doesn't showing me image instead of that it is showing black screen. 0xA00F425E<VideoCaptureShotFailed> (0x80004005) i am getting this error on recording videos....