Windows 10: Windows camera frame server stopped working

Discus and support Windows camera frame server stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a second hand laptop for the last month which repeatedly gives the problem with svchost.exe_frameserver every day. appcrash It seems this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by James_2019, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Windows camera frame server stopped working

I have a second hand laptop for the last month which repeatedly gives the problem with svchost.exe_frameserver every day.

appcrash

It seems this issue has been occurring since 2016 when a virus definition update occurred and has not been resolved. It has something to do with the camera being shut down as soon as it opens. However, I never use the camera, and never run it. So it seems to be something it is testing itself on boot up.

Is this something I should be concerned with, or should I just ignore all app crashes in reliability reports unless something actually affects me?

In windows 7 I only seem to get app crashes related to internet connection programs, which also does happen occasionally with windows 10.

I am not sure if this should be a question or a discussion, so I will post it as a question first and see what happens.

:)

James_2019, Dec 18, 2019

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Camera not working

This is not a plug and play device, it's built into my laptop.. lol.

Sorry my bad for not mentioning, the program does install and seem to work fine. It did work when I first installed it, but it stopped working. Even if I freshly reinstall.

Errors are as followed..

When I open the program:

A webcam was not found or is not working properly.
    Please click connect button and try again.

When I click the connect button....

Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected. Make sure the camera is connected and working properly, then try again.

It is connected properly, and there are no other programs running in the back ground.

ihavenoname, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Windows camera frame server stopped working

Windows 10 camera Not Working

Hi Beajai,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Which are the apps you cannot uninstall?
    • Which are the apps you cannot stop?
    For the Camera app issue, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows camera frame server stopped working

1. Windows camera frame server stopped working - Similar Threads - camera frame server

2. Why Windows Camera Frame Server service auto start and auto disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows Camera Frame Server service auto start and auto disable?: Hi,what is the possible cause the Windows Camera Frame Server service to auto start and auto disable?I look around the internet but unable to find the answer that i was looking for.looking for expertise help!!!!...
  3. Windows Camera Frame Server Monitor continually crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Camera Frame Server Monitor continually crashing.: Hi, I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu, and then upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm having issues with my camera, a Logitech C920. My relibability history is filled with hundreds of "Windows Camera Frame Server Monitor" or "svchost.exe_FrameServerMonitor" issues where...
  4. Windows Camera Frame Server Monitor continually crashing.

Windows Camera Frame Server Monitor continually crashing.: Hi, I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu, and then upgraded to Windows 11 and I'm having issues with my camera, a Logitech C920. My relibability history is filled with hundreds of "Windows Camera Frame Server Monitor" or "svchost.exe_FrameServerMonitor" issues where...
  5. Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?: ThinkPad E14 Gen 4 Intel/Windows 10, internal camera app works but it cuts out then back on quickly in 5 minute intervals. Checked event viewer and noticed lots of Windows Camera Frame Server service errors. Confirmed drivers are up to date downloaded driver install from...
  6. Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?: ThinkPad E14 Gen 4 Intel/Windows 10, internal camera app works but it cuts out then back on quickly in 5 minute intervals. Checked event viewer and noticed lots of Windows Camera Frame Server service errors. Confirmed drivers are up to date downloaded driver install from...
  7. Windows Camera Frame Server service errors, how to resolve?

8. Windows Camera Frame Server excessive CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Camera Frame Server excessive CPU: I just noticed that the light for my Webcam is showing the camera on after a reboot. It never did this before. In Task Manager the Windows Camera Frame Server is using 10-13% of the CPU after a reboot before I started any applications other than the autostart Apps including...
  9. The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly: Windows 10 64-bit Pro, 20H2 Event viewer started to show this error many times today 9 times so far. In the middle, the system shuts down unexpected once. What could be the issue? How do I fix it? Thanks...
  10. 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' turns on on its own: I have a 2017 Surface Pro, recently my computer has been making a sound like the ticking of a watch. When I check my task manager 'Service Host: Windows Camera Frame Server' is turned on, when I force quit this program the clicking stops. This happens when I haven't been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows camera frame server stopped working

2. how to stop frame server from laptop

3. windows 10 1909 svchost.exe_FrameServer RsProvider.dll

4. svchost.exe_frameserver crash IntelDeviceMFT64,
  5. the frameserver stopped,
  6. crashing frameserver,
  7. windows 10 camera faulting frameserver