Windows 10: Windows Camera stops working after October Update

Discus and support Windows Camera stops working after October Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There, Coincidental or not my Lumia 950XL rear camera stops working(with an error code) after installing 2019-10B Update for Windows 10 Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zneb, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Zneb Win User

Windows Camera stops working after October Update

Hi There,

Coincidental or not my Lumia 950XL rear camera stops working(with an error code) after installing 2019-10B Update for Windows 10 Version for arm-based Phone Devices and also same as a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 we have at work.

Going to download Windows Device Recovery Tool but looks like Microsoft has pull the plug as I get the error below when trying to download.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<Error><Code>ResourceNotFound</Code><Message>The specified resource does not exist. RequestId:0671e99c-201e-005c-0c82-82518c000000 Time:2019-10-14T11:30:35.3809348Z</Message></Error>

Please Microsoft the support for Windows phone is still until December, can you at least put back the recovery tool or release a patch to fix the issue caused by October update?

Thank you.

:)

2. Ariel Acu Win User

RealSense 3D Camera stopped working after update failed to install

Just to clarify, does the camera stop working after updating to the recent Windows Update on your Windows 10? If so, we recommend that you uninstall this update from your computer and check if it will let the camera working again by performing the steps
    below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Choose Windows Update.
    • Click Update history.
    • Select Uninstall updates.
    • Select the recent update you have on your computer, then click Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Oct 14, 2019
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Windows Camera stops working after October Update

Camera not working

This is not a plug and play device, it's built into my laptop.. lol.

Sorry my bad for not mentioning, the program does install and seem to work fine. It did work when I first installed it, but it stopped working. Even if I freshly reinstall.

Errors are as followed..

When I open the program:

A webcam was not found or is not working properly.
    Please click connect button and try again.

When I click the connect button....

Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected. Make sure the camera is connected and working properly, then try again.

It is connected properly, and there are no other programs running in the back ground.

ihavenoname, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Camera stops working after October Update

1. Windows Camera stops working after October Update - Similar Threads - Camera stops working

2. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  3. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  4. built in camera stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in camera stopped working after windows update: I have a new HP Probook and installed all updates and now my built in web camera don't work. I have tried everything I can come up with and still don't work. It is not a hardware problem because Hp diagnose tested and it shows the camera is good....
  5. Camera app stopped working after update

Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  6. the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update: The camera on my laptop was working ok than there was a updated and I could not get it working again. Just a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-camera-on-my-laptop-stopped-working-after-an/5f892ece-ea99-4da2-9bac-ce44983017d7
  7. Bose headphones stopped working after October update

Bose headphones stopped working after October update: Bluetooth is not detecting my Bose QC 35 headphones after the october update, they were working fine the day before I updated. Bluetooth is still working fine, if I connect any other device, but it is not detecting the headphones. I have reinstalled all the bluetooth drivers...
  8. Bose headphones stopped working after October update

Bose headphones stopped working after October update: Bluetooth is not detecting my Bose QC 35 headphones after the october update, they were working fine the day before I updated. Bluetooth is still working fine, if I connect any other device, but it is not detecting the headphones. I have reinstalled all the bluetooth drivers...
  9. OneDrive Notification Pop-ups Stopped Working After October Update

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Notification Pop-ups Stopped Working After October Update: Hello, I just installed the October update the other day and I just noticed that my Onedrive pop-up notifications stopped working when I take screen captures. The notification itself is in the Action Center, it's just that the pop-up that used to be immediately activated...
  10. VIZIO S3820w Soundbar stopped working after Windows 10 October update

VIZIO S3820w Soundbar stopped working after Windows 10 October update: I know this latest update caused all kinds of issues (documented sound issues too) but I couldn't find this one yet: I've been using my VIZIO S3820w soundbar via Bluetooth for years without an issue, but after the Windows 10 October update it stopped working. It now only...