Windows 10: Windows can not find a file on start up and computer freezes randomly

Discus and support Windows can not find a file on start up and computer freezes randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My first issue is; when i start up my laptop, type my password and the desktop shows, a CMD will pop up, then this will show up: [img] My second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Person, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Person Win User

Windows can not find a file on start up and computer freezes randomly

My first issue is; when i start up my laptop, type my password and the desktop shows, a CMD will pop up, then this will show up:
    Windows can not find a file on start up and computer freezes randomly [​IMG]

My second issue is my laptop will freeze randomly for either a few seconds or up to 20 or 30 seconds, while it is frozen the sound will freeze to, it can be very loud depending on whats playing. Sometimes it will "glitch" or lag and my sound will die completely and the only way to fix it is to restart my computer (which will blue screen sometimes). On rare occasion it will freeze and then blue screen, normally it just freezes for a while and unfreezes.
    I have tried formatting it many times to no avail.

P.S The first issue has nothing to do with the second, because the second issue has been happening for a long time. The first issue recently started happening.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Person, Oct 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Windows can not find a file on start up and computer freezes randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows can not find a file on start up and computer freezes randomly

1. Windows can not find a file on start up and computer freezes randomly - Similar Threads - find file start

2. Random Freezing of Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freezing of Computer: I've been experiencing this random freezing of my computer for a long while now. Typically I'll hear a brief buzzing noise from the speakers and the system will just freeze in place, then after a bit my monitor will go black. I have to turn off or press the reset button on my...
  3. Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  4. Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freezes on Start up and while playing games: My pc is just freezes when I start playing a game or sometimes restarts but after that restart it performs fine in games. I don't know why this is happening my temperatures are normal. Sometimes it also freezes at startup i.e. at password time.Things I have done:Windows...
  5. Computer Freezing at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing at random: so my computer will randomly freeze during times of high use or low use. the mini dump file just says this************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol search path is: srv*Executable search path is: Windows 10 Kernel Version...
  6. computer randomly freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer randomly freezes: hey there , so okey today computer screen did freeze 2 times in 10 minutes , screen just freeze and desktop picture stays , mouse and keyboard dont react , so in event viewer i found this , it happened once before few days but i ignored it and just restarted pc and it was...
  7. Computer Freezing shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Freezing shortly after start up: yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power button for 10 seconds. I have tried many things, please help. submitted by /u/LardLord56789 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up

Windows 10 Randomly freezes on start up: So I've ran into a problem recently where windows 10 will randomly freeze on start up and I am unable for the life of me find the cause. It will happen shortly after my mobo hands everything off to windows which it gives the boot code A0 which should mean everything completed...
  9. Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up

Computer starts up slowly and then freezes up: My computer is slow starting up and about 30 minutes later it freezes up and I have to turn it off and try to look for the problem. I've looked on HP support assistant and can't find the problem. I recently received the free McAfee antivirus but I didn't want because it was...
  10. Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze up, can't find the cause and a solution: Hello, I'm having some problems with my computer. Sometimes it freeze up and I can only hard reboot it, mouse and keyboard doesn't works(audio sometimes works and sometimes it stops). I had this problem with windows 7 too. This problem is very random and I had it for a long...